Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming - Grail!

Options
  • 05-06-2014 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭

When i started out with my watch obsession with a tag carrera 5 years ago, the one watch i wanted and thought id never own was a daytona. Its funny how things appear to be more attainable the longer you spend collecting watches, and with the birth of my little girl a month ago i decided it was time to shift a few pieces on and get one.

Yesterday i received a brand new stickered black dial 116520 and i have to say it was worth the wait, a perfect size on my 7.25" wrist, very comfortable and such an iconic design. Also have the bonus of the new blue lume :p

It has come with some sacrifices, gone is my blue dialled yachtmaster, JLC Master compressor chrono and my Panerai base 000. Im left with a few quid to add one more but the current collection of IWC 3714 Portuguese, Rolex sub c and daytona covers most bases.

2F2C2CA0-5110-4D14-A6E5-FC7D89E3C577_zpsg3w15a0l.jpg

6F1CB713-0E90-48AE-A78B-04D51E964099_zpsecgx18bk.jpg

9A017ECC-4F30-4D38-9C1C-3079F509DA9D_zps6tnbmlts.jpg

BA7B9672-AC99-4821-AE3F-16FD3B1AB9D4_zpshg4azjic.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's a real beauty C. Iconic is right. Sweeeeeeet.

Oh and congrats on the other new arrival. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's a real beauty C. Iconic is right. Sweeeeeeet.

Oh and congrats on the other new arrival. :)

thanks a lot, no sleep last night :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's what the lume is for. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Homer

Congrats.. It's a beaut.. Still gutted I just missed out on your panerai :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Homer wrote: »
    Congrats.. It's a beaut.. Still gutted I just missed out on your panerai :(

im gutted its sold, if the JLC had to have sold first id have kept it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Homer

well I get the strange feeling we will both end up with another one anyway :D

We really are addicts in here, worse we're enablers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

A Daytona....

Ya big hairy BxxxxX

Beautiful.....Congrats on Both arrivals.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

Aw bless. A new arrival. You will spend your days holding her, staring, and protecting her. You will be afraid to let her out of the house in a few years even. She may even keep you awake at night with the excitment. Congrats!!

Oh yeah congrats on the baby aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

That is beautiful, congratulations on new family member and also on watch. Great to see someone have nice watch like that after wanting one for long time, so good to see :) It really wonderful looking watch, I would love to have one someday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement