Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone look at this build?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Panda_Eire

And just one more thing brian before i let you leave for your dinner (if you haven't already) will i be able to boot the os (windows 8.1) off of a usb stick, planning on buying it from the software swap subreddit. If not i may need to add an optical drive, but in all seriousness thank you for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Yea you can install Windows from USB.

Re payment, you can use paypal but as you say, it increase the amount.

You can do a bank transfer either at no extra cost but if you have never done a bank transfer before you will have to set it up, meaning the bank will need to send you out a letter witha pin number (probably take a week) and then you can wire the transfer.

Also no bothers for the help. stick up some pictures when you done!

Hehe, accidentally confirmed the order by bank transfer (which i have never done before) do you know if there's a way to restore my basket after cancelling the order or am i going to have to fill it all in again?

More importantly is it possible to cancel an order? Accidentaly confirmed when i thought i was going back to the payment options, paypal would be a lot easier for me.

You could email them but tbh, you'll probably get the order first! If you defo want to use PayPal you'll probably have to fill the basket and order again. They will auto cancel the first order of they don't receive payment in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for all of your help, I've emailed them saying I accidentally ordered I'll wait to see if they respond until Tuesday and then I'll either go into the bank to set up the transfer or pay with paypal.

Damn, going back and looking at the video card I'm going to need a 750w PSU, wish I'd known that, at least i didn't order yet.

You won't need anything like that. 500w is more than enough. Manufacturers put really high wattage requirements on their cards to cover themselves against low quality power supplies.

Hmm, okay, but I'd rather be safe then sorry as it is my first time doing this and it's only an extra €20 so I'd rather do it now and feel safe. (even though you're most likely right) just seems like 750 is quite a lot more than 500. And again, thank you for all your help today, going down to the bank on monday to put the extra money in, have to remember to order and ethernet cable and an OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

• Advertisement

I had a look at that while trying to figure it out, but to be honest it just confused me, I don't know what a lot of that stuff is, and I'm honestly scared of putting this thing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Panda_Eire wrote: »
    I had a look at that while trying to figure it out, but to be honest it just confused me, I don't know what a lot of that stuff is, and I'm honestly scared of putting this thing together.

Putting a PC together is the easiest and most enjoyable experience of it all... Have a look on YouTube to see how easy it is, and ease your mind...

Looked at a few vids, thing that's got me worried is plugging everything into the psu and getting all of the cables right... and cable management. But yeah, while I'm waiting for the parts to arrive I'll probably watch them 24/7!

Hmm, okay, but I'd rather be safe then sorry as it is my first time doing this and it's only an extra €20 so I'd rather do it now and feel safe. (even though you're most likely right) just seems like 750 is quite a lot more than 500. And again, thank you for all your help today, going down to the bank on monday to put the extra money in, have to remember to order and ethernet cable and an OS.

It's your money man but just for the sake of it, take 10 minutes an watch this video. This guys system is significantly more powerful than yours and has everything overclocked. He also has a lot of extra things to power including extra HDDs, case fans, watercooling pumps, LED strips etc.

Under full load (which will not happen in real life btw, only when you use programmes specifically designed to push your CPU and GPU to 100%), his system barely pulls over 360w.

During gaming he's only using about 320w.

For your system 500w is plenty.

Edit: Also here's what the PSU calculator linked above says about your system.

System Type: 1 physical CPU
    Motherboard: High End - Desktop
    CPU Socket: Socket LGA 1150
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3200 MHz Haswell-DT
    CPU Utilization (TDP): 90% TDP
    RAM: 2 Sticks DDR3 SDRAM
    Video Card 1: AMD Radeon R9 280X

ATTENTION: FOR PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
    Regular SATA: 1 HDD
    Flash SSD: 1 Drive
    Fans
    Regular: 2 Fans 120mm;
    Keyboard and mouse: Yes
    System Load: 90 %

Minimum PSU Wattage: 366 Watts
    Recommended Wattage: 416 Watts

Everything arrived on Thursday and I got it built that night, but when I tried to install the OS all I got was Error 0x80070570 at 4%. Since then I've tried fixing it more ways than I can even remember, was just wondering if anyone here could help me with this. (may be better off making a new thread.)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

Hi Panda Eire

It seems to be hardware issue.

More likely as you have SSD and m/b might have settings to tweak to install on an SSD.

Also Windows 7 does not like 2 HDDs connected while install.
    Connect only SSD and install. Then connect the HDD.

Stick the error code in google and check the links. I have a few links but I am blocked from posting them.

I've tried installing with only the ssd connected and I've also tried installing on the hdd just to see if it was the ssd that was the problem but it still froze at 4%, It could be the .iso but I'm having a lot of trouble even finding another version of the windows 8.1 iso, whenever I try to download it from the windows update tool it fails when it's checking files. I've also tried each stick of ram separately so I don't think it's that. I just seem to be running out of solutions to try and I'm starting to get worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I've tried installing with only the ssd connected and I've also tried installing on the hdd just to see if it was the ssd that was the problem but it still froze at 4%, It could be the .iso but I'm having a lot of trouble even finding another version of the windows 8.1 iso, whenever I try to download it from the windows update tool it fails when it's checking files. I've also tried each stick of ram separately so I don't think it's that. I just seem to be running out of solutions to try and I'm starting to get worried.
    Try the windows 7 iso, if it also fails could indicate a hardware problem. Are you installing from usb/DVD?

I'm installing from an 8gb usb.

Problem sorted, it was just the .iso windows is now installing updates :D thanks to everyone for their help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement