Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather v Maidana 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

Uiseabhi wrote: »
    I paid 1300 dollars. I go over for this weekend and stay till Conor Mcgregor fights Dustin Poirier. Holiday of a life time, have to sell me All ireland final tickets though.

Nice holiday,would love to be at Conors fight myself thats gonna be some fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Uiseabhi

amkin25 wrote: »
    Think Floyd will win this very handily imo,i'd love to believe Maidana would beat him to be honest,but i can't see it and i know Floyd usually decisions his fights,but i think he will coast this fight so handily he will probably finish Maidana off,can see this fight going a bit like the Gatti one to be honest.

Think the first fight he wasn't really focused early on and then coasted an easy decision close enough but he won it clearly enough though,this fight will be a walkover i think.

maybe cara. I hate FM and hope he gets put in his place before he retires since hes dodged manny for so many years.

Think Floyd will win this very handily imo,i'd love to believe Maidana would beat him to be honest,but i can't see it and i know Floyd usually decisions his fights,but i think he will coast this fight so handily he will probably finish Maidana off,can see this fight going a bit like the Gatti one to be honest.

Think the first fight he wasn't really focused early on and then coasted an easy decision close enough but he won it clearly enough though,this fight will be a walkover i think.

maybe mate. I hate FM and hope he gets put in his place before he retires since hes dodged manny for so many years.

maybe mate. I hate FM and hope he gets put in his place before he retires since hes dodged manny for so many years.

Yeah am the same i'll be pulling for Maidana big time,be some thing to be there live to see Mayweather taste defeat for the first time though wouldn't it.

Yeah am the same i'll be pulling for Maidana big time,be some thing to be there live to see Mayweather taste defeat for the first time though wouldn't it.

if hes beating it will make the trip so much better and also ive a few quid on maidana to win by stoppage slim chances but it would be nice haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

I can't see how chino defeats mayweather especially in a rematch his chance was the first fight even tho I think mayweather won that fight hands down. Chino fought out of his skin last fight even tho it was dirty and not very skilful mayweather now knows his tactics and wins pulling up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The world will be shocked tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭megadodge

The world will be shocked tonight...

Why? Are they gonna have a streetfight the night before the boxing match?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

megadodge wrote: »
    Why? Are they gonna have a streetfight the night before the boxing match?:)

Hahaha a twelve hour shift in work has me fantasizing that today is Saturday and thus the end of my week's work!

Still though quietly confident in a massive upset.

Hahaha a twelve hour shift in work has me fantasizing that today is Saturday and thus the end of my week's work!

Still though quietly confident in a massive upset.

I think it might be one of mayweathers finest fights

• Advertisement

I think it might be one of mayweathers finest fights

Yeah i'm not a Mayweather fan at all,but definitely i can see him putting away Maidana pretty comfortably and stopping him.

I'd love to see Mayweather lose but this doesn't look like the guy to beat him,hes too smart to take on a guy again after feeling him out for 12 rounds already,if Maidana had a chance Mayweather wouldn't give him a second fight.

Yeah i'm not a Mayweather fan at all,but definitely i can see him putting away Maidana pretty comfortably and stopping him.

I'd love to see Mayweather lose but this doesn't look like the guy to beat him,hes too smart to take on a guy again after feeling him out for 12 rounds already,if Maidana had a chance Mayweather wouldn't give him a second fight.

Very true . I am a mayweather fan and I agree that he wouldn't of given the rematch if he wasn't confident of beating him. I'm not at all nervous of chino Beating him I'm prob a little less nervous than the first fight

pac_man wrote: »
    What makes you think Mayweather is stopping Maidana?

I just think there is a big gulf in class between them,Maidana to me is not anywhere close to the top level guys imo and Mayweather just being more and more cautious as he has gotten older just played it ultra safe in their first fight and also started slowly giving him a few rounds headstart,but still he won the fight with some to spare.

This time i suspect after feeling him out and knowing him a lot better he won't start as cautious,and Maidana is so one dimensional i really can see this fight going like the Gatti fight,where Mayweather really destroys him and stops him.

I just think there is a big gulf in class between them,Maidana to me is not anywhere close to the top level guys imo and Mayweather just being more and more cautious as he has gotten older just played it ultra safe in their first fight and also started slowly giving him a few rounds headstart,but still he won the fight with some to spare.

This time i suspect after feeling him out and knowing him a lot better he won't start as cautious,and Maidana is so one dimensional i really can see this fight going like the Gatti fight,where Mayweather really destroys him and stops him.

I too think there is a chance of this happening. I don't think Floyd has the power to ko him clean work out but there is a chance of the ref stepping in saying that Mayweather doesn't like stepping on the gas to do that he likes just picking his shots and having easy nights without working too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Floyd has only stopped his opponent once in his last seven fights and that was a cheap shot against Ortiz when he wasn't defending himself. Very much doubt he stops Maidana tomorrow night. He's 7/2 with Paddy Power to stop Maidana which tells it's own story. I actually there is more likelihood of Maidana knocking Floyd out. Think this will be a close fight.

Pighead wrote: »
    Floyd has only stopped his opponent once in his last seven fights and that was a cheap shot against Ortiz when he wasn't defending himself. Very much doubt he stops Maidana tomorrow night. He's 7/2 with Paddy Power to stop Maidana which tells it's own story. I actually there is more likelihood of Maidana knocking Floyd out. Think this will be a close fight.

I know its obviously a long shot considering he likes to take the safe route normally,and i'm not saying he won't take the safe route here i just think he will coast this so easy,and can see him lighting Maidana up,hopefully not though.

Again i don't think Floyd is as good as the plaudits he gets,he just is a smart boxer and has control of his own career,and only picks fights that benefit him,so i just don't seem him doing a rematch here that there wasn't much of a clamor from the public for,unless he thought he could put on a clinic and i think that's what will probably happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

The one thing I like about Mayweather fights is that you know within three rounds how things are going to go. If Chino can back Floyd up like in the first fight he's got a shot. If not, he doesn't.

I know its obviously a long shot considering he likes to take the safe route normally,and i'm not saying he won't take the safe route here i just think he will coast this so easy,and can see him lighting Maidana up,hopefully not though.

Again i don't think Floyd is as good as the plaudits he gets,he just is a smart boxer and has control of his own career,and only picks fights that benefit him,so i just don't seem him doing a rematch here that there wasn't much of a clamor from the public for,unless he thought he could put on a clinic and i think that's what will probably happen.

Think it's harsh to say he doesn't take the dodgey fights canelo and cotto at the time had a lot of people and experts saying it could be the time floyd is beat

Think it's harsh to say he doesn't take the dodgey fights canelo and cotto at the time had a lot of people and experts saying it could be the time floyd is beat

Personally i thought Canelo was tailor made for him,and is a major hype job by Golden Boy and will be found out again whenever he takes on any top level guys that can actually box and move as he he is fairly slow and easy to hit for any
    reasonably quick boxer.

Cotto i agree was a tough fight to take but he avoided him all through his career, and only took him when he thought he was on the wane or on the way down,in reality Cotto earned a far better shot at a rematch than Maidana imo,but Floyd wasn't gonna take him on again.

I'm not saying Floyd didn't take on any tough fights i'm just saying he cherry picked as he was in control and who can blame him for that,but Pacquaio for example just fights anyone put in front of him by Arum,and a lot of them fights were bad for him,but they made money but weren't the best options for Pacquaio's legacy.

Margarito was just too big for him and although he won he took hits from a guy too big which i think some of the shots he took in that fight were part of slowing him down to the fighter he is now,also there was no gain for him giving Marquez the 3rd fight,after Marquez let Mayweather fight him at a lot heavier weight by paying 100k for every pound over,so his rep was in the mud after Mayweather dominated him so this was just about money,Mayweather would never have taken that fight in the same situation and he would have been right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

can this be ordered with upc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I think this fight will be a lot like the first one. MW says he likes to stand up in front of a guy these days...well that suits Chino just fine.He'll get hit but he won''t stop trying. If May decides to dance around..well..that suits Chino just fine. Though if MW does decide to move that big looping right of Maidana's will be restricted a lot. I just don't think it'll be a 'boxing clinic' cos Chino's gonna get in his ass from the get go!!What else can he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Floyd weighs in at 146.5

BxXZMLnCYAAWis5.jpg:large

Chino weighs in at 146

BxXY_H3CcAAn0Rz.jpg:large

Floyd looks in top top shape for this one, cant wait for it!

Personally i thought Canelo was tailor made for him,and is a major hype job by Golden Boy and will be found out again whenever he takes on any top level guys that can actually box and move as he he is fairly slow and easy to hit for any
    reasonably quick boxer.

Cotto i agree was a tough fight to take but he avoided him all through his career, and only took him when he thought he was on the wane or on the way down,in reality Cotto earned a far better shot at a rematch than Maidana imo,but Floyd wasn't gonna take him on again.

I'm not saying Floyd didn't take on any tough fights i'm just saying he cherry picked as he was in control and who can blame him for that,but Pacquaio for example just fights anyone put in front of him by Arum,and a lot of them fights were bad for him,but they made money but weren't the best options for Pacquaio's legacy.

Margarito was just too big for him and although he won he took hits from a guy too big which i think some of the shots he took in that fight were part of slowing him down to the fighter he is now,also there was no gain for him giving Marquez the 3rd fight,after Marquez let Mayweather fight him at a lot heavier weight by paying 100k for every pound over,so his rep was in the mud after Mayweather dominated him so this was just about money,Mayweather would never have taken that fight in the same situation and he would have been right.

Who else other than manny did he avoid ? I'm still not sure he avoided manny. To be fair he does fight on his terms but has earned the right to do that whether be a weight catch or bigger gloves.

Who else other than manny did he avoid ? I'm still not sure he avoided manny. To be fair he does fight on his terms but has earned the right to do that whether be a weight catch or bigger gloves.

100% he avoided pacman. Im just back form the pre fight night out its 4:30am and the buzz around over here is that Chino will stop him. Everyone im speaking to is hoping for a floyd stoppage.

And lets not confuse arrogance here- thats what he is. No boxer has the right to say when he fights nor has anyone become bigger then the sport.

did he not avoid Cotto,Margarito and P Williams who were all undefeated and in their prime.Meanwhile they fought each other and he retired.Correct me on any of that.I don't hate MW,I just wanna see em test himself.Ortiz is an idiot.i think that could've been a real good test till he got a bit excited. Fair play taking on Canelo but I think the Guerrero fight was the one where no amount of big talk could get my mates to watch anymore.

RayK0309 wrote: »
    did he not avoid Cotto,Margarito and P Williams who were all undefeated and in their prime.Meanwhile they fought each other and he retired.Correct me on any of that.I don't hate MW,I just wanna see em test himself.Ortiz is an idiot.i think that could've been a real good test till he got a bit excited. Fair play taking on Canelo but I think the Guerrero fight was the one where no amount of big talk could get my mates to watch anymore.

He avoided Cotto as recent as miguels stoppage of Martinez. Cotto looked unbeatable and rolled back years. I dont think Floyd will get in the ring with any of them.

He avoided Cotto as recent as miguels stoppage of Martinez. Cotto looked unbeatable and rolled back years. I dont think Floyd will get in the ring with any of them.

Don't know if he avoided all them he can't fight everyone. I'd like to think he'd fight cotto again but he's running out of time. When people say not fighting them in their prime would they give credit to mayweather fighting out of his prime and still winning fights comfortably

Don't know if he avoided all them he can't fight everyone. I'd like to think he'd fight cotto again but he's running out of time. When people say not fighting them in their prime would they give credit to mayweather fighting out of his prime and still winning fights comfortably

Miguel was dodged, after Martinez Floyd should of put his hand out through Goldenboy and Showtime to get a fight on the cards. It would of been amazing. I personally think El Chino
    will beat him.

good point.Still I doubt very much he'd go near someone like Margarito or Williams if they were still around at contender status.Guerrero lads..Guerrero!All I can remember is not wanting to remember.Interweb aside..Imagine livin in the states shelling out 60/70 dollars?

• Advertisement

RayK0309 wrote: »
    good point.Still I doubt very much he'd go near someone like Margarito or Williams if they were still around at contender status.Guerrero lads..Guerrero!All I can remember is not wanting to remember.Interweb aside..Imagine livin in the states shelling out 60/70 dollars?

I paid 1300 dollars for 2nd row ringside.

Advertisement