Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Don't get me started on MIL or mothers they are both annoying me so much at the moment telling how to do everything even though it's my 2nd baby but if I need them for anything they are not around :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I had that with MIL she insisted she would help me as I was 5-6 months pregnant with a 7 month old.. Yea she disappeared for the week we stayed with her.. Then one of the times she did help she left him unattended in his buggy where there was a crowd of people.. On our way home she asked when she could have him the night and I said NEVER! Then he wasn't a sleeper but she kept saying both of hers slept all night from 5 weeks.. When we were there Saturday she asked how Lucy (13 weeks) sleeps I said all night from 3 weeks well she was gutted that she couldn't go no further with it.. She's only seen Lucy twice and only just held her for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I had that with MIL she insisted she would help me as I was 5-6 months pregnant with a 7 month old.. Yea she disappeared for the week we stayed with her.. Then one of the times she did help she left him unattended in his buggy where there was a crowd of people.. On our way home she asked when she could have him the night and I said NEVER! Then he wasn't a sleeper but she kept saying both of hers slept all night from 5 weeks.. When we were there Saturday she asked how Lucy (13 weeks) sleeps I said all night from 3 weeks well she was gutted that she couldn't go no further with it.. She's only seen Lucy twice and only just held her for the first time

Synyster shadow did you have 2 babies under 1?? Gosh you must be Wonder Woman!!! I can just about manage 1 :)

There's 53 weeks between them.. There actually easy to handle the more time goes on.. The pregnancy was hard when running after my little lad.. I recommend having them close its sweet how close they'll get

God 53weeks your some woman I have 22months between mine and I'm findijg it tough still trying to get used to having 2around, will get into a routine soon hopefully :-D I love that they are close in age though coz there is 18, 16 and 11years between me and my sibling's

• Advertisement

Ah the thing i tell myself that years ago women would have 4 or 5 close in age so I gotta just get on with it.. But really when there's a routine its gets easier.. I found jack starting to walk a couple of weeks after Lucy was born hard just couldn't and still can't watch him

Ah the thing i tell myself that years ago women would have 4 or 5 close in age so I gotta just get on with it.. But really when there's a routine its gets easier.. I found jack starting to walk a couple of weeks after Lucy was born hard just couldn't and still can't watch him

Fair play and it's great that you are at home longer for jack! I am soooo jealous, I am back to work in sept :(

Thankfully where we're at right now I can stay home if I like to watch the two baby's..and hubby is more than happy for me to.. Don't think I could leave them..

Thankfully where we're at right now I can stay home if I like to watch the two baby's..and hubby is more than happy for me to.. Don't think I could leave them..

You are soooo lucky :) I am hoping to job share next year after we buy a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

My moan today is public transport, would you believe NOBODY offers to give a heavily pregnant woman a seat?! It shocked me when it happened first and now everyday it happens, I get on at the red cow and they all see the bump but nobody is arsed to give their seat.

Anyone else find people very ignorant on luas/bus/dart??

• Advertisement

Yea thankfully I'm able.. Good thing about Midlands is there's plenty of affordable housing.. Hubby is from Dublin and the difference is unreal

Yea thankfully I'm able.. Good thing about Midlands is there's plenty of affordable housing.. Hubby is from Dublin and the difference is unreal

I know it is crazy!!! We went to see a 2 bed (tiny) town house at the weekend for..............€445,000!!!!! It might even go for more! I have a permanent teaching job (which are very rare these days ) in south county Dublin, it's bad enough that I will have to work that I don't want to have a big commute :( the thing I keep telling myself is that I work 32 weeks of the year :)

My god that is some price for a small house :-(

Where I live there's MASSIVE 5 bed 2 sitting rooms 4 bathroom big kitchen and utility with a joined garage for 60,000
    Hubby said he won't live in Dublin again he hated it

I don't think I could ever live in Dublin :-( too used to small town life I think

Where I live there's MASSIVE 5 bed 2 sitting rooms 4 bathroom big kitchen and utility with a joined garage for 60,000
    Hubby said he won't live in Dublin again he hated it

O stop!!! You are making me envious! My friend has an absolute whopper of a house, we are talking nearly 4,000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms unreal (Paid about €200k) but has a disgusting commute to work :( and still has to work. I want to be home at 4pm to see baby. I actually love living in dublin. Our neighbours have always been lovely but at the same everyone keeps themselves to themselves. Where my parents live (outside dublin) everyone knows everyone's business.

I'd love a big house but then I'd have to clean it.. I've an average 3 bed and its plenty for now..
    I'm a country girl love the quiet and the smells lol

I'd love a big house but then I'd have to clean it.. I've an average 3 bed and its plenty for now..
    I'm a country girl love the quiet and the smells lol

You are sooo right! Life is too short to spend cleaning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

We're renting in Dublin...can't even get a mortgage at the moment and rent is insane! It would break your heart with the rental prices:-( we're moving out next week as our contract ends and landlord is putting up price so we have one house we're hoping to get otherwise we are in with my mam for a little bit while we keep looking!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    We're renting in Dublin...can't even get a mortgage at the moment and rent is insane! It would break your heart with the rental prices:-( we're moving out next week as our contract ends and landlord is putting up price so we have one house we're hoping to get otherwise we are in with my mam for a little bit while we keep looking!

Oh stop smokey eyes I know! Our rent went up by €150 last May :( but even since then the house 2 doors down is being rented out for €300 more than we pay! We said this is our last house before we buy! When we moved here last year I swear it nearly killed me! It took 2 weeks and 2 skips to move our all stuff from last house!

• Advertisement

Which is harder moving while pregnant or with babies. I moved while pregnant and felt I got in the way I couldn't touch anything.. Rent here is about 400 for a 3 sometimes 4 bed..

Which is harder moving while pregnant or with babies. I moved while pregnant and felt I got in the way I couldn't touch anything.. Rent here is about 400 for a 3 sometimes 4 bed..

I couldn't face either! I was a few days preggers (so no symtoms) when we moved but pretty much maybe a week later the hyperemesis started. It took me from May to dec to unpack! We pay €1500 for a 3 bed :(:(:(

Is that 1500 a month? I would an living on the streets if I had to pay that much, 560 a month for a 3bed with an acre around it and struggle to pay that sometimes

Is that 1500 a month? I would an living on the streets if I had to pay that much, 560 a month for a 3bed with an acre around it and struggle to pay that sometimes

Yes! €1500 per month :(

I still have stuff to unpack 2 years on.. Mainly because I got pregnant a second time so fast.. I know if ya move with kids ya would need to unpack faster so they got what they need..

Wow that's huge I couldn't face that a mortgage would be cheaper here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Roesy wrote: »
    The boots ones are okay but I bled very, very heavily after my baby so I was using the hospital grade ones. The brand was BV I think. You can get them in chemists. I was able to use the boots ones a week or so later.
    do they provide those pads in the hospital? if so, I wonder if you can "borrow" a few of them to last the first day or couple of days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

The country prices make us sick...we're looking at a 2 bed for €1150 and that's us maxed out rent wise! It's disgraceful really:-(

Also on the pads theyll give you a bunch at a time in hospital if you ask for them so I had a few to spare for when I came home and then moved onto the tesco maternity pads!

You can buy the hospital ones in any chemist they are about 3euro a pack well worth it, you will more then likely get some in the hospital but then again you might not, I find the tesco ones great for after a few days x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

We moved when I was nearly eight months pregnant ... the move itself was fine, the househunting and viewings and stress about whether we'd find somewhere suitable in time was a lot worse.

Funnily enough, I'd have found it much harder to move house earlier in pregnancy, when I was sick and exhausted all the time.

I'd absolutely hate to have to move with a baby or toddler.

• Advertisement

Yea I was more than half way through when we moved and I found not been able to paint hardest.. 2 years on with 2 kiddies and I've given up doing the decorating so hubby is paying for it to be done next week.. I got half the kitchen done when I was heavily pregnant took 3 days to do it.. Never again

Advertisement