Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭deezell

You do realise that one long movie recording E.G. Lord of the Rings would be too big to fit in 11.5Gb

No I didn't. How did it fit on a DVD? I have a 1TB SSD connected to my Samsung Qled telly for recording and timeshift, I could swap it for the WD Elements Hard drive that was my recording, epg and timeshift device on the Sab. Most I've ever recorded is a match here and there, or a movie, usually on SD. a GB or 2 does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

rough rule of thumb allow 4Gb per hour of HD
    LoR pt3 with the ads and audio description removed is over 12Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Would anyone kindly have a backup of pure2 for 8900 by chance please

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

A general question...

Do you leave your Amiko Alien 2 (or other box) turned on all the time?

I find that if I turn it off at night, when I turn it back on in the morning it doesn't show the picons beside the stations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

cyndale wrote: »
    A general question...

Do you leave your Amiko Alien 2 (or other box) turned on all the time?

I find that if I turn it off at night, when I turn it back on in the morning it doesn't show the picons beside the stations.

the epg may have downloaded and slowed the transfer

i have epg to load on boot

its recomended to boot every day or so anyway

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »

Mine had NO load on boot, changed it to YES! Thanks, will see what happens tomorrow.

Do you leave your box on all the time?

By the way I sorted out why recordings to my USB were stop/starting. I reformatted the USB from EXT3 to EXT4 and it works perfectly now.

Does anyone have a working YouTube plugin on Hyperion, or any image.

I did as you said and when I turned it on this morning all the picons were there. Happy out! Thanks for that!

cyndale wrote: »
    I did as you said and when I turned it on this morning all the picons were there. Happy out! Thanks for that!

I also got an external USB drive (EXT4) that works perfectly when recording.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi folks I’m hoping someone on here can help me out please, I’m in the process of rearranging my TV set up to the far side of the sitting room. My wife still wants to use the Sab triple tuner which has 2 sat and 1 terrestrial feed going to it from the roof. Have I any options that don’t involve rerouting all the cables from the roof to the far side of the room?

• Advertisement

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Hi folks I’m hoping someone on here can help me out please, I’m in the process of rearranging my TV set up to the far side of the sitting room. My wife still wants to use the Sab triple tuner which has 2 sat and 1 terrestrial feed going to it from the roof. Have I any options that don’t involve rerouting all the cables from the roof to the far side of the room?

Leave the Sab where it is, connect to TV via wireless HDMI, like these gadgets.
    https://www.wish.com/product/hdmi-h264-wireless-transmitter-extender-audio-and-video-hd-transceiver-module-laptop-connected-to-projector-5dfb2b18ad79ee0c6f94b07d

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

deezell wrote: »

I cannot view that ...... requires log in apparently!

I cannot view that ...... requires log in apparently!

Here's an image of page
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNbOEi-YPx7_nE5F_Z5SIR0bEl56NLZV/view?usp=drivesdk

Here's another version on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0832BHQNC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2oDaFb118MEVQ

or get an extra long hdmi and run that over

or get an extra long hdmi and run that over

Or just extend the 3 RF cables through some half or quarter round decorative trunking, painted afterwards to match your skirting board. (Let me guess, there's a door or fireplace in the way)

https://www.screwfix.ie/c/electrical-lighting/decorative-trunking/cat830578

Or just extend the 3 RF cables through some half or quarter round decorative trunking, painted afterwards to match your skirting board. (Let me guess, there's a door or fireplace in the way)

https://www.screwfix.ie/c/electrical-lighting/decorative-trunking/cat830578

Cheers that could be the answer depending on where I have to point the remote. Would it still need to point at the box? And yes there is a doorway and fireplace in the way!

Cheers that could be the answer depending on where I have to point the remote. Would it still need to point at the box? And yes there is a doorway and fireplace in the way!

Point at the box, sab remotes aren't the most powerful, I found with mine you sometimes even had to sit up straight from your slouch on the couch to get it to change. Such an inconvenience.

Point at the box, sab remotes aren't the most powerful, I found with mine you sometimes even had to sit up straight from your slouch on the couch to get it to change. Such an inconvenience.

I was thinking I could leave the box it it’s original location which would now be hidden behind the sofa so I wouldn’t be able to use the remote like that. On some of those links you posted it’s says it comes with an IR Extender and it has a little gizmo with a red eye on it. Any ideas if that would be what I need?

I was thinking I could leave the box it it’s original location which would now be hidden behind the sofa so I wouldn’t be able to use the remote like that. On some of those links you posted it’s says it comes with an IR Extender and it has a little gizmo with a red eye on it. Any ideas if that would be what I need?

Yes, I just noticed the Amazon one I linked includes an IR extender, that would do the trick. Plus, if your sab box has a network connection, it's always possible to change channel via the box Webif interface.

Yes, I just noticed the Amazon one I linked includes an IR extender, that would do the trick. Plus, if your sab box has a network connection, it's always possible to change channel via the box Webif interface.

Thanks for that you could be saving me a huge headache, I’ll do a bit of research into that one and make sure it’s what I need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

downloaded E2 openatv 6.3 it wont scan any terresterial channels..and i couldnt load wooshbuild..got as far as step three then couldnt get webif browser no matter how i tried. i must be doing something wrong. i continued to load the e2 default openatv skin. couldnt scan any irish channels. it scanned the uk channels. but no epg details. also said no web browser installed or any portals. i gave up and went back to the spark2 default.. guess its not for me.
    Check that the terrestrial tuner is set to 8Mhz bandwidth. Very distant memory that it would default to the wrong value. Others with better memory might know more :o

I'm also encountering this on all OpenATV 6.2+ builds, along with some of the Pure2 and Wooshbuild, but haven't been able to resolve it. 6.1 works fine.

Anyone any ideas, or can recall if this is resolvable through some configuration changes?

I've attempted a lot of different configurations. The DVB-T tuner just doesn't find any of the channels. The satellite tuners work fine.

JazzyJ wrote: »
    I'm also encountering this on all OpenATV 6.2+ builds, along with some of the Pure2 and Wooshbuild, but haven't been able to resolve it. 6.1 works fine.

Anyone any ideas, or can recall if this is resolvable through some configuration changes?

I've attempted a lot of different configurations. The DVB-T tuner just doesn't find any of the channels. The satellite tuners work fine.

Jusrt run the tuner again a second time straight away always works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Jusrt run the tuner again a second time straight away always works for me

Unfortunately that didn't work. The signal finder doesn't record any signal either - so its unlikely channel scans will work. Looks like I'll need to keep it on v6.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alatar

Hope this is the right thread!

Hi,

I've been running a SAB DVR combo box for a few years now and have never updated. Any advice on how to proceed?

Here's the details from the Open Webif

Box
    Brand: Amiko
    Model: Alien 2
    Chipset: STi7162
    Frontprocessor Version: 1
    Total Memory: 115908 kB
    Free Memory: 47544 kB
    Box Uptime: 5d 3:56

Software
    System OE: OE-Alliance 3.4
    Distro: ViX4E2PROJECT
    Firmware version: 2.2.002-blue+
    Driver date: 20160210
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0217
    Gui version: 2016-05-02

Alatar wrote: »
    Hope this is the right thread!

Hi,

I've been running a SAB DVR combo box for a few years now and have never updated. Any advice on how to proceed?

Here's the details from the Open Webif

Box
    Brand: Amiko
    Model: Alien 2
    Chipset: STi7162
    Frontprocessor Version: 1
    Total Memory: 115908 kB
    Free Memory: 47544 kB
    Box Uptime: 5d 3:56

Software
    System OE: OE-Alliance 3.4
    Distro: ViX4E2PROJECT
    Firmware version: 2.2.002-blue+
    Driver date: 20160210
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0217
    Gui version: 2016-05-02

This is the spark thread for the amiko, you need the enigma 2 thread

Sorry I can’t find the thread now as I’m on the phone but it should be still here, it’s the firmware thread you want

this is the only amiko one left the other got deleted -

id install open atv 6.3 and then add wooshbuild

ive tried with 6.4 but its crashed a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alatar

id install open atv 6.3 and then add wooshbuild

Any chance you could point me towards some instructions? There's a lot to wade through here when you're not sure exactly what you're looking for!

Alatar wrote: »
    Any chance you could point me towards some instructions? There's a lot to wade through here when you're not sure exactly what you're looking for!

You're running Vix4E2 build 2.2.002-blue+, There are later versions available, here's a reference to 4.2.004-blue+, you might want to update your version, or backup and reflash with a fresh new version, requiring restoration of all settings. If it's not broken though, don't fix it.
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/132216-vix4e2project-4-2-003-blue-amikoalien-usb/

• Advertisement

You're running Vix4E2 build 2.2.002-blue+, There are later versions available, here's a reference to 4.2.004-blue+, you might want to update your version, or backup and reflash with a fresh new version, requiring restoration of all settings. If it's not broken though, don't fix it.
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/132216-vix4e2project-4-2-003-blue-amikoalien-usb/

all vix4 e2 images are way out of date at this stage tbh

Advertisement