Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast to Iceland from £31 one way

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Those pictures have better surfaces than a lot of tarmac roads in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks for the pics Greg81, some superb shots there. Just wondering how you would rank those roads if you rented a car rather than 4wd? Do-able but uncomfortable or completely out of the question? The other worry I suppose is chippings from the gravel scratching the paint work, any ideas is this par for the course in Iceland given the roads or do rental companies go charging when the inevitable happens ?

Lets call it it would be "unconfortable" to use non 4wd car. I would recomend to use 4wd. You can buy extra insurance to protect against gravel chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you saw the Walter Mitty movie, the roads look a little different than that.
    Ben-Stiller-in-Walter-Mit-008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Saruman wrote: »
    If you saw the Walter Mitty movie, the roads look a little different in that.

True. There are places with roads like that.

DSC_0743_zps1c56c369.jpg DSC_0745_zpsdf5cfe71.jpg DSC_0713_zps4a5a7a61.jpg DSC_0646_zps9a42582f.jpg DSC_0480_zps644a3ab2.jpg DSC_0444_zpsf063513e.jpg DSC_0283_zps3790c96d.jpg DSC_0282_zps9f59944a.jpg DSC_0074_zps3978b90b.jpg

All that empty road and a 90kph speed limit at most.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€118 return to Keflavik all summer long.
    Wow from Dublin 2 June - 29 September

Not sure if it's a bargain as you only save €90 on normal prices, bags cost extra & it is a very expensive place. http://www.groupon.ie/deals/getaways/ga-wow-air-2/59828530

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

snubbleste wrote: »
    €118 return to Keflavik all summer long.
    Wow from Dublin 2 June - 29 September

Not sure if it's a bargain as you only save €90 on normal prices, bags cost extra & it is a very expensive place. http://www.groupon.ie/deals/getaways/ga-wow-air-2/59828530

I've always wanted to go Iceland and now I am :-)

€118.00 return is a good deal.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Myself and my girlfriend just got the Groupon flights there. We'll probably rent a car and do the ring road around the island.

One of the guys in work was there the other week. They rented a car and had to be rescued from a snow storm. Hope you have better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Myself and my girlfriend just got the Groupon flights there. We'll probably rent a car and do the ring road around the island.

Be sure you read up on the advise for car rental , ash damage cover etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

There's one here in Longford, but I wouldn't bother flying, you could drive it in 3 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ive just picked 2 dates on their website (Jun 28th - Jul 2) without purchasing the groupon and the price is still €118.

Is the groupon just advertising for flights at the price they are anyway?

retalivity wrote: »
    ive just picked 2 dates on their website (Jun 28th - Jul 2) without purchasing the groupon and the price is still €118.

You are right but I'd prefer to go in September - end of peak season, cheaper accommodation and the weather is supposed to be good (hopefully).

Also I went through fatcheese.ie for 5% cashback from Groupon :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

retalivity wrote: »
    Wowair.ie sez €200.42 for those dates.
    I presume you enter (please enter the Groupon voucher code in the "Gift certificate" field) to acheive the €118 price

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Also I went through fatcheese.ie for 5% cashback from Groupon :-)

In my experience, its fat chance getting anything from fatcheese.ie

dermiestv wrote: »
    In my experience, its fat chance getting anything from fatcheese.ie

I've used them before and I got my cash back paid out. It did take a while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

All booked in, 24/09 - 29/09. Thanks OP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

how does the groupon work in this case?

does all fights go down to free as you already paid Groupon?

bpb101 wrote: »
    how does the groupon work in this case?

does all fights go down to free as you already paid Groupon?

Groupon send you a link to book your flights on the Wow airlines website. They also send you a code. You put in your code that Groupon sends you and the money comes off. It's a similar idea to putting in a discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Groupon send you a link to book your flights on the Wow airlines website. They also send you a code. You put in your code that Groupon sends you and the money comes off. It's a similar idea to putting in a discount code.
    its says the flights from 119 are limited ,
    so what the deal , are there many left at 119?

if you buy the groupon , are all fights between june and september 119?

• Advertisement

bpb101 wrote: »
    its says the flights from 119 are limited ,
    so what the deal , are there many left at 119?

if you buy the groupon , are all fights between june and september 119?

Ya, if you buy the Groupon all the flights between June and September are 118. Myself and my girlfriend booked our flights yesterday. Without the Groupon the flights would have been 204 each.

I think the limited you are referring to is the availability of the Groupon offer itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rcanpolat

Cool, must head there some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Ya, if you buy the Groupon all the flights between June and September are 118. Myself and my girlfriend booked our flights yesterday. Without the Groupon the flights would have been 204 each.

I think the limited you are referring to is the availability of the Groupon offer itself.

Did you see availability for weekends?

Did you see availability for weekends?

I think they only fly to and from Dublin on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. We booked Sunday to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Jeez, lucky I checked my voucher... my Groupon deal for Reykjavik that I got a week ago has to be booked by tomorrow !

Oh that's a nice feature.
    The groupon deal didn't apply any discount at all. I went in straight on the wowair website and the price for the flights I booked were the same as what I paid for the voucher.

I see what they did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RedivideR

did you find a solution to this Samhail? i am having the exact same probem but there is no way that is right.

samhail wrote: »
    Oh that's a nice feature.
    The groupon deal didn't apply any discount at all. I went in straight on the wowair website and the price for the flights I booked were the same as what I paid for the voucher.

I see what they did there.

What dates are you looking at? The price of my flights without the voucher for my chosen dates would have been €204.

• Advertisement

I guess it was just an advertisement for wow air to get people to buy flights.
    If you miss out on the flights at that price then you have to pay the difference. I initially looked at flying the week after the one I picked, and it would have cost me about 450euro total, so I would have had to pay the difference after €118 voucher was used.

Advertisement