Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's going to be your next car?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

About to hopefully make a BMW M6 cabrio my next car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Kinda keeping an eye on Seat Exeo estates and facelift Accord iDTECs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I only got mine a few weeks back but leaning now towards BMW X5...all the lovely space :) ..to be taken up with kids stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

A golf. Probably mk6 or mk7 depends on how long I keep my current car. Recently seen a mk6 R line and really liked that. Probably be 2 years before I change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

I have an f10 and love it but imagine petrol ones are very hard to find in the UK, especially if you want a certain spec. You want the pro nav at the very least! Suppose if you found a 535i the owner would have specc'd it up nicely.
    535i f10? Seriously difficult to find one of those even in the UK.

The diesel brigade sicken me.

I waited about 6 months for my current car to come up for sale, I know how difficult it can be to find one. Though for the future car I have more models/engines in mind, and I can take my time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

A 9-5 estate 2.0 turbo petrol with leather interior around 07 (with the old triumph engine) as after that GM ruined it.

I very much doubt by 2007 that engine had anything Triumph in it. It was continuously evolved and was basically a new block by the early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I genuinely don't know, about ten months away from changing, I'm looking, weighing up different models for the last couple of months & can safely say it's wrecking my head already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Potentially a MkII Focus RS,maybe a MkIII ST, or possibly something completely different like an S5/RS4 or even an A45 AMG.

That is I I can fend off the lure of an ankle biter by that stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Allah willing, an 08 gs450h.

Everyone telling me its an old boys car. Fuk em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

A slightly newer BMW than my current '69 I think.
    It's a pity the 135i coupe's weren't more popular in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

to replace the d-max will be either a new Pajero "executive" (5 seat commercial) or a 2013 discovery commercial , If I cant find a discovery with every option on it , itll be the pajero.

may buy something sporty towards the end of the year for when I turn 25 , thinking 840ci, 560 SEC or an older porsche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

I very much doubt by 2007 that engine had anything Triumph in it. It was continuously evolved and was basically a new block by the early 90's.

Doubt no longer but believe. Also if you dont know something to be true or not it makes you look silly if you come on and just post you dont believe it, even though you dont know anything about it yourself.

SAAB were using the triumph engine under license initially and then started adapting it. They were still using the same design (although updated) in the SAAB 9-5 which you was made until about 2008/9.
    From wikipedia but it is true as I have done a lot of reading up on SAABs.

Just to add it is likely that this engine will be used in new SAAB 9-3 cars later this year.

The Saab H engine is a redesign of the Saab B engine, which in turn was based on the Triumph Slant-4 engine. Despite the name it is not an H engine or horizontally opposed engine, but a slanted inline-4. The H engine was introduced in 1981 in the Saab 900 and was also used in the Saab 99 from 1982 onwards and the Saab 90. It continued in use in the 900/9-3, 9000, and 9-5. The 2003 GM Epsilon-based 9-3 switched to the GM Ecotec engine, leaving the 9-5 as the sole user of the H engine. The last model year for this family of engines was 2009. The tooling and know-how was sold to BAIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

marathonic wrote: »
    Exactly what I went for a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with it.

I went for the 180bhp Type-S model which has 154 g/km emmissions - falling just under the 155 g/km level needed for the €390 tax band.

My next car will be in a couple of years time but I would consider a BMW depending on reliability of the latest model. I'd have been looking at a 2010 model this time round and I've read about too many issues with the pre-2011 BMW's to feel comfortable buying one.

What year is your accord? Haven't driven the UK s type but love the exec 2009 I have but the extra 30bhp must be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

My next that I'll have on the road will be my 156 when I put it back on the road and take the gtv off for a year (not until 2016 though) so a good while yet.
    What will I actually buy next? I haven't a clue to be honest. I want something older and italian so perhaps a 75 3.0 v6 although if a cheap enough e34 535i came up I could be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭marathonic

What year is your accord? Haven't driven the UK s type but love the exec 2009 I have but the extra 30bhp must be nice...

Mine is a 2011. I haven't drove the 150 bhp version myself. There's rarely a time where I'm looking for more power in my 180 bhp version. It's signicantly more powerful than previous Mondeos and other cars that I've owned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Another estate of some sort, great yokes, maybe an accord or a mazda 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Leaving the next cheap car aside, when it comes to changing the mondeo, I don't really know, more than likely won't be another mondeo, I'd like to try out a 3 series, maybe a volvo of some sort, won't be for a good while yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

09-10 F01 7 series or a 2008 Quattroporte in a few years.

The head will always justify a German brand over an Italian, but have to get that Maserati urge out of the system!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A car no penny pinching fool wants in this country, spec will include...petrol, automatic, €700 plus motor tax a year, luxury beyond 95% of cars on our roads, budget will be sub €5k, smile on my face when chatting about running costs to the €25k plus buyers of sub €200 motor tax diesel poverty spec rattling tractor based cars will be priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Considering an AMG spec. Merc CLA 1.6 Petrol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

vectra wrote: »
    Considering an AMG spec. Merc CLA 1.6 Petrol :)

I wake up every morning and look out at a CLA 45 AMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I wake up every morning and look out at a CLA 45 AMG.

Damn you ;;:mad:

LOL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Nothing really interests me, Maybe a Toyota Mark II which is practically the same car I drive now but with a different style.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

vectra wrote: »
    Damn you

Ya my current neighbour in Newry also has a C63 AMG also :pac:

I can still wake up in the morning and look out at them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I bought the Civic because of the really futuristic dash and design (and also because it's a 2.2). Nothing out there seems as cool :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

The medium term goal is a 911 Carrera 2 (997 shape).

Currently in apartment though with only 1 parking space and a 2 seater won't cut it.

So the 2 year goal is an E90 M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Would love a lotus elise but more than likely another A6 instead. Unless I can persuade the other half we only need one car with seats in the back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am hoping to get one for the OH in September, I want it as my second car and she can't afford a car at the moment. The list so far:

VW golf, sensible but high maintenance costs
    VW golf GTI, as above but more fun.
    MX5 - good craic for the weekend.
    Audi TT - good craic but expensive maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Joe 90

heroics wrote: »
    Would love a lotus elise but more than likely another A6 instead. Unless I can persuade the other half we only need one car with seats in the back :)
    I reckon that when I get too old to get in and out of the Exige it will be a Boxster or Cayman. But I'm only 64 and every time I drive the Exige it feels so just right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

My next car will hopefully be a 330i or a e46 M3. I'll just have to exaggerate the truth to the missus about the cost of tax, as is she gives out to me over taxing my current car she just cant comprehend why one would pay so much for tax. :D

Advertisement