Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

That €399 deal, does that really have the kinect? I know it's in the picture but I'm wondering if that's an error. It's an unbelievable price if it includes the kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I picked up the Titanfall bundle in Argos yesterday for €470 and got FIFA 14 free with it. The deal isn't listed online but it was listed under special offers on their own digital catalogues. Not sure if it was a glitch in the system or if they just haven't updated the website.

FIFA 14 or Thief free with selected consoles.

Picked that up today myself, walked straight across the road to CEX and traded FIFA, so Xbox with Kinect and Titanfall for €437.

Argos are also selling it without the Kinect for €400 with a free copy of Titanfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »

Both of them are easily worth that, must have games for the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

calex71 wrote: »

Can get cheaper on cdkeys
    http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games
    plus 5% off if you like them on facebook
    been holding back on getting Forza but might take a stab now

• Advertisement

Ended up with one of the consoles with the dodgy disc drive :(

Argos have none left in stock now so sending it off to MS. Waiting until I can get live assistance to put in a support request as at launch MS were giving people who had this problem a free digital copy of any of the four launch games that yhey released.

Very disappointed, I hope it doesn't end up with problems like the 360 of which I am on my seventh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Argos have none left in stock now so sending it off to MS.

Is it quicker to deal with MS in this case?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is it quicker to deal with MS in this case?

Get them to do an expedited service, they send out a new console then you have to send your console back to them within a certain window like with Apple.

Plus as I said at launch they gave people who had this specific problem (disc drive makes grinding noise when disc is inserted and disc is not recognisee) a free digital copy of Forza, DR3, Zoo Tychoon or Ryse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Get them to do an expedited service, they send out a new console then you have to send your console back to them within a certain window like with Apple.

Ah I see. I don't have a One yet (though I suspect that'll change this Xmas!), so was just wondering why you'd deal with MS directly rather than with Argos. I know you mentioned Argos had no stock but I thought it'd still be quicker to deal with them than MS. That expedited return it pretty good though

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ah I see. I don't have a One yet (though I suspect that'll change this Xmas!), so was just wondering why you'd deal with MS directly rather than with Argos. I know you mentioned Argos had no stock but I thought it'd still be quicker to deal with them than MS. That expedited return it pretty good though

Few problems with it though at the same time.
    1. You get a different console instead of your one being repaired, which is not an issue here as I've only just got it.
    2. They put a hold on your credit/debit card for the value of the console, but it will only be charged if the faulty console is not returned.

They said I should have the replacement by Friday btw.

Also back ontopic for cheap Xbox Ones, Argos for €400 without kinect with free disc copy of Titanfall(which they do have in stock) then over to CEX for a second hand Kinect(if you want one) for €25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

To anyone interested in getting titanfall on Xbox one, it's 33% off on sale this week. U.S. marketplace makes it very cheap indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

http://www.toys.ie/-!136050-prd.aspx

Wolfenstein: The New Order is €34.99 in Smyths, would it be worth picking up at that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wexdevil wrote: »

Wolfenstein: The New Order is €34.99 in Smyths, would it be worth picking up at that price?

Sure is, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

wexdevil wrote: »

It's worth it on the basis that CeX buy it for €42 cash :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

To anyone interested in getting titanfall on Xbox one, it's 33% off on sale this week. U.S. marketplace makes it very cheap indeed

Do I need to change my locale to America ?

nanook5 wrote: »
    Do I need to change my locale to America ?

It'll be the best thing you'll ever do on the Xbox ONE ;)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It'll be the best thing you'll ever do on the Xbox ONE ;)

Have it at UK at the moment :D

Have it at UK at the moment :D

Nah, USA is the way to have it. Get them games for €42 or some cheaper games such as Sniper Elite 3 for €36 :D

Nah, USA is the way to have it. Get them games for €42 or some cheaper games such as Sniper Elite 3 for €36 :D

Will do so :D Thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Will do so :D Thanks :p

Between that and sharing your games via 'home console' settings, you'll more than double your library for the same money.

• Advertisement

Between that and sharing your games via 'home console' settings, you'll more than double your library for the same money.

Just did it there .$40 plus tax for titanfall??

Isn't that more? I saw titanfall on a UK site for £28

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭finno

Anyone have an American address I can use to set up my xbox?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Argos have the Xbox One with Kinect and Fifa 14 listed for €399. It's not available for reservation though. Coupla mates are looking to get one so must see how they get on. Great deal if they get it.

$40 is £23 so it's cheaper on US Xbox market. Use New Hampshire or Oregon as the address so there's 0% tax added on.

finno wrote: »
    Anyone have an American address I can use to set up my xbox?

Address line 1
    0764-4454 Borderlinx/DHL
    Address line 2
    Honeywell Court
    City
    AMHERST
    State/Province
    NH
    Country/Region
    United States
    Zip/Postal Code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Address line 1
    0764-4454 Borderlinx/DHL
    Address line 2
    Honeywell Court
    City
    AMHERST
    State/Province
    NH
    Country/Region
    United States
    Zip/Postal Code

Also, tip. Pick a state with no Sales tax, like Oregon :D

Nolimits wrote: »
    Also, tip. Pick a state with no Sales tax, like Oregon :D

Also, tip. Read above. I said New Hampshire has no sales tax already ;)

$40 is £23 so it's cheaper on US Xbox market. Use New Hampshire or Oregon as the address so there's 0% tax added on.

Ahhhhh cheers . Didn't know some states had no tax :pac: Will pick up titanfall soon so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You raise a good point and Shopping around can definitely be a benefit, once you take time to note the exchange rates and related taxes (not all US States charge sales tax)

£28 = €35
    $40 = €29 (no tax if you live in New Hampshire)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wasn't sure where to post this, as there is no "Xbox bargain alerts (Accessories)", and i'm not sure if that's on purpose or not.. (If there is an accessories thread, please move this.)

I saw this last night (Friday) and it's still available tonight, and maybe I should've posted it then.. etc..

Titanfall Official Xbox One Wireless Controller is only €44.04 + €2.50 shipping..
    http://www.thegamecollection.net/titanfall-official-xbox-one-wireless-controller-xbox-one.html

and
    Xbox One Dual Battery Pack is £4.85GBP (€6.10) + shipping (I make that about +35% off)
    http://www.simplygames.com/info/20268/Xbox-One-Dual-Battery-Pack-Orb-Xbox-One

Sorry if this isn't place for them, but I couldn't find anywhere else.. (And may be sold out soon.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement