Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you like your series?

Options
  • 07-07-2014 2:05pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Completely random question but how do you like watching your tv shows? I'm more and more moving towards bulk watching (i.e. I'll do one+ seasons at a time watching a few episodes in a row etc.) then waiting on weekly releases because I find it easier to keep the story going. The problem of course is that only works if you can stay away from spoilers (i.e. never bother with Game of Thrones) or if the series are not popular enough (White Collar etc.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've found myself less inclined to check out new shows over the past year or so, because I'd rather watch in bulk. Although all the shows I'm already watching, I'll stick with on a weekly basis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

We've actually done it a number of times and it seems that everyone has their own way. The more topical question is, do people who watch TV while browsing the internet on a laptop or phone actually watch TV at all. It's odd to watch someone turn on TV and then spend the best part of an episode browsing online, it just seems rather pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

We've actually done it a number of times and it seems that everyone has their own way. The more topical question is, do people who watch TV while browsing the internet on a laptop or phone actually watch TV at all. It's odd to watch someone turn on TV and then spend the best part of an episode browsing online, it just seems rather pointless.
    yeah i can do that from time to time, but only when watching shows im not to interested in, really it should be an indicator to decide what shows i really should remove from my viewing, i really need to stop watching a lot of shows, i got into a bad habit of trying every new show that aired for a good 5 year period and i became very reluctant to stop watching them,

some shows then i would be glued to, shows like true detective, game of thrones, which if you dont pay attention to shows like them you may as well not watch them, or a show like parks and recreation which has a lot of visual humour, you just cannot like that show unless you actually watch it,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I watched the full first series of Breaking Bad, didnt particularly enjoy it (it had its moments I wont deny).......revisited the series two years later and loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I am bulk watching for the most part, I like it much better and it means that I focus on one show at a time. At the moment I am watching season 3 of person of interest, before that I watched the whole lot of Fargo in one go, once I'm done with that I will move on to something else. Last year the only thing I watched week to week was Game of Thrones and PLL, both because of how difficult it is to avoid spoilers online, which for me is literally the ony downside to bulk watching.

I definitely prefer watching week to week. Especially when all the episodes are released on Monday here after them being aired on Sunday night in the states. Gives you something to look forward to on a Monday which is brilliant. You can mull over the latest episode for whole week and really take it in. Watching in bulk is nice but I find the whole series to be forgettable since you take in so quickly. I can't remember much from House of Cards or Sopranos to be honest. Conversley I know Boardwalk, Breaking Bad and True Detective inside out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

I definitely prefer watching week to week. Especially when all the episodes are released on Monday here after them being aired on Sunday night in the states. Gives you something to look forward to on a Monday which is brilliant. You can mull over the latest episode for whole week and really take it in. Watching in bulk is nice but I find the whole series to be forgettable since you take in so quickly. I can't remember much from House of Cards or Sopranos to be honest. Conversley I know Boardwalk, Breaking Bad and True Detective inside out
    yeah it was like watching Lost a few years ago, all the theory's and analysis of the show made the viewing way more enjoyable, whereas if someone watched it now they would plow through it and not really take it in, and not have all the little things pointed out to them as it goes on by,

most procedural shows and comedies i find can easily be bulk watched, but shows like breaking bad and true detective which have a lot of hidden meaning in each episode really benefit from the week to week viewing and discussion,

Advertisement