Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compact Long Lasting Powerhouse!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hmm decisions decisions. The Z3 compact is now out and it's actually a lot cheaper than expected and only going to cost me about €80 more than buying the z1 off my friend (since I can claim the VAT back on the Z3).

One thing I want, on whatever phone I go for, is the stock rom/ Cyagenmod 11. How long do these ports usually take to happen? If it's going to be 6 months to a year before CM11 appears on the Z3 and is stable, I might just go for the Z1, but if it'll be out in a few weeks, I think I'd go for the Z3 and let my friend sell his Z1 elsewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

cormie wrote: »
    Hmm decisions decisions. The Z3 compact is now out and it's actually a lot cheaper than expected and only going to cost me about €80 more than buying the z1 off my friend (since I can claim the VAT back on the Z3).

One thing I want, on whatever phone I go for, is the stock rom/ Cyagenmod 11. How long do these ports usually take to happen? If it's going to be 6 months to a year before CM11 appears on the Z3 and is stable, I might just go for the Z1, but if it'll be out in a few weeks, I think I'd go for the Z3 and let my friend sell his Z1 elsewhere..

I'd be slow to put CM11 on it if you value your camera quality.

http://pocketnow.com/2014/10/02/xperia-z3-camera

Wow that's interesting, but I'm curious now, if the camera used to take the one on the left was from the Z1, does that mean the Z1 uses the same camera/algorithms they are protecting/lens etc and keeps the quality after a bootloader unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

cormie wrote: »
    Wow that's interesting, but I'm curious now, if the camera used to take the one on the left was from the Z1, does that mean the Z1 uses the same camera/algorithms they are protecting/lens etc and keeps the quality after a bootloader unlock?

I think the better pic is from the older model but is better quality than the unlocked newer model which should give better quality than the older one all as a result of the root.

Should they not be the same quality since they both have the exact same camera by the spec sheet comparison? It's weird that the older model can be unlocked but the Z3 can't :confused:

• Advertisement

Looks like CM11 support could be coming to the Z3 Compact soon :) I'm surprised it's so quickly underway already! http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/help/custom-roms-kernels-cm-t2878611/page3

So I think I'll be biting the bullet and going to grab a Z3 compact soon then and I'll hold off using it as my proper phone until CM 11 gets support. I don't think it will drop in price any time soon and the sooner I get it, maybe the more likely it will be unlocked to any network, unless there's a way to unlock it through the rooting/bootloader unlocking process (I don't even know if bootloader unlocking is the same as network unlocking actually?).

Advertisement