Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Awesome!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Also nearly doubles as the cast for Smash Bros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Does anywhere know a place where cool, relatively unbranded gaming-related (or comic book, etc...) wall prints can be ordered from? Should be moving into a new place soon and want a few nice prints in frames to hang on the wall of my 'computer room'.

This is sorta what I'm looking for: http://www.redbubble.com/people/edwardjmoran/works/11748151-god-only-knows-bioshock-infinite-poster?p=art-print and would prefer prints that aren't advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Latest addition. Was looking at getting an Altair one for a while, but the size differences were putting me off. Then, while browsing in GameStop, they had this beauty behind the counter. Instant buy, as it's more or less the same scale as the other ones!

322607.jpg

322608.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Those dead dead eyes have seen some $hit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

ionapaul wrote: »
    Does anywhere know a place where cool, relatively unbranded gaming-related (or comic book, etc...) wall prints can be ordered from? Should be moving into a new place soon and want a few nice prints in frames to hang on the wall of my 'computer room'.

This is sorta what I'm looking for: http://www.redbubble.com/people/edwardjmoran/works/11748151-god-only-knows-bioshock-infinite-poster?p=art-print and would prefer prints that aren't advertising.

I've used photobox a few times for games and movie posters, would recommend them. About €13 delivered for high quality "40x"30.

Got this last time around, she's a beaut :)

• Advertisement

Some of the Destiny stuff from Bungie is pretty cool I think

uVnOswm.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

maximoose wrote: »
    I've used photobox a few times for games and movie posters, would recommend them. About €13 delivered for high quality "40x"30.

Got this last time around, she's a beaut :)
    Ah, so taking existing images (free to the world) and sending them to photobox to print? Never would have thought of doing that!

That is a really cool image. God damn I love the Bioshock world, it is so cool... My wife will have quality paintings and prints all over the gaff and 'my room' will have gaming stuff on the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Totally radical 90's Street Fighter 2 promo video

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, this is too class. One of my favourite shows. Freaks & Geeks the interactive Youtube game

And here is Seth Rogen and James Franco playing it

Lordran, the setting of Dark Souls redrawn (took 3 months apparently)

o9qyyunwjykgeaixoaav.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Lordran, the setting of Dark Souls redrawn (took 3 months apparently)

o9qyyunwjykgeaixoaav.png

I've been staring at that for the last 15 minutes. Its incredible. I wonder if the missus would object to me getting it blown up to soemthing like 5 foot tall by 2.5 feet wide and fitting it to the back of the bathroom door so I can ponder it whilst I er..... sit and contemplate.

Sheehy, is that just a segment of the bigger drawing, or do you have a link to the artist - It might be me, but I cant see the catacombs, or tomb of the giants / gravelord shrine, but it looks like some corner of it is missing?

From Kotaku:
    The image was created by redditor tettix over the course of about three months, who shared it recently in the r/darksouls subreddit. It's incomplete and may never be finished since, as tettix says, "the worst parts of the game are also the worst parts to slog through illustrating." Unfinished or not, this is one amazing piece of art.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    From Kotaku:

In a way, It'd kind of be cool to have it unfinished, lots of folks dont make it all the way through that game (myself included - but I'm still trying).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Qwertee just got me. I could not say no to these T-shirts! Both ordered. I love Alice! :D

https://www.qwertee.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Do they still ride up into your armpits ?
    I know we mentioned this before, but I can't buy from them again until they change the actual tee provider...so uncomfortable.

To add to the thread.....not seen this on here or gaming humour before...but it's more awesome than funny

zelda-icons_0216_dribbble.gif

Robbed from Reddits front page

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I like this new kickstarter for a new type of multi tool joypad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it can't give me 6 face buttons in an arcade configuration then it's kind of useless.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it can't give me 6 face buttons in an arcade configuration then it's kind of useless.

suggest it to them as another add on

• Advertisement

884161.jpg

Came across this in a small arcade at the top of a shopping center in Korea.
    Was with the girlfriend...but once the race started I put niceties aside and gave her red shells...green shells and everything else :P
    She wasn't impressed with my skills...or with me not letting her win

Plays very similar to the Gamecube one I think

361541.jpg

I knew it was a side project, but didn't know it was an actual weekly radio show.

Station : 103.2 City FM
    Day : Monday
    Time : 7pm

A regular poster on here JayKHunter does a video game music radio show , it's very good....some cracking gaming tunes to listen to on the way home from work or whatever.

Previous shows can be found here.
    http://oswreview.com/category/super-osw-64/

I didn't wanna have to make a new thread, so here just thought I'd pop it here...as it's awesome :P

I think he's taking requests/suggestions for next week's show atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Been on Youtube for a while but I've only come across it now. Channel makes weapons from games, movies and tv shows...

Thought this might interest some, there was no better place to put it and not worth it's own thread. This could probably work in Ireland.....don't ask how they get around copyright issues etc....they probably just don't care.

The bar

rT6oW5w.jpg

In the corners are arcade machines set up with MAME and about 700 games
    gVdSFaW.jpg

There are 2 booths with 4 controllers each that have PS4's and loads of games on em
    CeJNPDV.jpg

Tables inside have cards and some board games that are good for drinking
    RjTFJsU.jpg

There are about 5 HD monitors around the place set up with Retro-Pies ...that have all the NES/SNES/GAMEBOY/MEGADRIVE and MAME games on em to choose from
    FBpD96u.jpg

I had to destroy her at least once on MarioKart
    LXXWWmQ.jpg

They have guitar hero too, but it's not too noisy, you can't hear it unless you're at that booth really, so it doesn't disturb everyone else
    DnqkFP7.jpg

The lights and decorations around the place are pretty cool. Inside the mens toilet there's a big huge portrait of Leisure suit larry :P
    kV08Ulk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

where is this bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Sounds a bit like https://tokendublin.ie/

I haven't been yet but it seems like a similar idea

NeVeR wrote: »
    where is this bar?

Seoul, South Korea :p

that explains why there are no XBoxes