Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D driving licence and CPC

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I want to apply for dublin bus im currently in college but i would drop out for this job, is the cpc included with the D licence ? My main question is of i applied now for the test how long roughly could it be until i actually have the d licence and cpc in my hand to apply ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

doing this myself at the moment @ a rate of 1 lesson per week / 2 weeks

if you have €1,000 to spare, and weeks off doing nothing then you could have it.

but you need to do a theory test. then you need to do 2 cpc theory tests in the same test center. (all booked separate).

then you get the learner permit. - cannot take an lessons without this !

then about 7ish lessons depending on how you do.

then about a 3-4-5 weeks waiting for the actual test or your final cpc part is.

without licence it could be over 2 months but with the learner permit you could have it withing 6 weeks i'd say depending on how you drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

In order to have a full license with CPC you need...
    • D Theory Test
    • CPC multiple choice questions - D
    • CPC case studies - D
    • Driving license medical & eyesight report
    • Obtain learner permit
    • Driving lessons - you're not required to complete 12 hours like "B" learners but take as many as you need
    • D driving test
    • CPC practical test - carried out on same day as driving test, but paid for and tested seperately
    • If successful, apply for D category to be added to your license and CPC drivers card
    • Every year thereafter complete 1 days CPC training
    Depending on how much money you have on hand, you could get through all of this within 2-3 months due to driving & theory test waiting times.

I also made a post about the application process of Dublin Bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Hi so you need to do D Theory Test first ? how much is the theory test and where do i do it cheers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I'm not trying to dishearten anyone here but getting the lessons & the license are the easy part. Passing the test & then trying to get a foot inside the door of any bus company without experience is the hardest part. Bus Eireann 'in my opinion' will not take on anyone without coach driving experience.

Well done to those who will prove me wrong but by all means go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tdireddi

Does anyone know if the theory test has gone from 40 questions to 100 ? I have my theory test on the 5th of August and im currently studying from the 5th edition DTT Dvd, but I have been told it is still valid even with a newer version being released ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 tictoc

Tdireddi wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the theory test has gone from 40 questions to 100 ? I have my theory test on the 5th of August and im currently studying from the 5th edition DTT Dvd, but I have been told it is still valid even with a newer version being released ?

The 6th Edition gives you 100 questions in the practice tests. However when you do the actual test it's 40 questions in 45 mins. I studied lots and in the end I got most of the safety ones.(breakdowns warning signs that kind of thing).

Advertisement