Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's your favorite Shooting Brake conversion?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

davycc wrote: »
    Looks the image of the mk3 sirocco:eek:

That's prob why VAG only released one.. Looks less like a Sirocco from other angles. I still like it though no idea if I'd ever have wanted to buy one!

driving-the-shooting-brake-concept-photo-105807-s-429x262.jpg
    Dord wrote: »
    Hatchback.

Shooting brakes are by nature hatchbacks. Audi marketed this specifically as a shooting brake, it even says so on the number plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

The shooting brake is just a tasteless poorly styled estate. In fact in the UK the CLS shooting brake leases for 50% off the standard saloon rates as Merc cant sell or lease them at a fair market value. I think it leases for around what a mid C Class leases for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

That's prob why VAG only released one.. Looks less like a Sirocco from other angles. I still like it though no idea if I'd ever have wanted to buy one!

driving-the-shooting-brake-concept-photo-105807-s-429x262.jpg

Shooting brakes are by nature hatchbacks. Audi marketed this specifically as a shooting brake, it even says so on the number plate!

It's no longer than an A3 hatchback! Where can I put my shooting rifles and large hats? :mad: :pac:

To me, a proper shooting brake is essentially the European version of the El Camino. Coupe up front, and workhorse in the back (but with a roof because it rains over here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

3 door estate car will always be a shooting brake in my mind

the marketing guys pushing out coupes or 5 door estates as shooting brakes is just wrong.

Coupe is a coupe is coupe.

Estates can be touring or sports or just family estates depending on engine and suspension set up.

The hunting crowd have been in range rovers and similar SUV for a very long time most of these SUV where considered estates when estates where cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

visual wrote: »
    3 door estate car will always be a shooting brake in my mind

the marketing guys pushing out coupes or 5 door estates as shooting brakes is just wrong.

Coupe is a coupe is coupe.

Estates can be touring or sports or just family estates depending on engine and suspension set up.

The hunting crowd have been in range rovers and similar SUV for a very long time most of these SUV where considered estates when estates where cool.

I too think of shooting brakes as 3 door estates.

The marketing guys will stop at nothing to create new niches. Hell, I remember the E30 BMW 3 series being marketed as a 2 door and 4 door saloon, with the 2 door being cheaper. When the E36 came along the 2 door was now called the coupe and cost more than the equivalent 4 door.

They'll call 'em anything if it means better sales. Convertible estates, coupe station wagons or roadster SUVs. ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I saw a Mk. 7 Accord estate today, and I liked the look of it. Fine long C-box on it:

Honda-Accord-Executive-2-2-I-CTDI-Estate-SPARES-OR-REPAIRS-10-months-MOT.jpg

Advertisement