Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Tour de France - ** Spoiler tags required for same day race info **

Options
  • 27-06-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭

Time for the big one...

After warming up with the week-long fantasy races like Fantasy Dauphine & Fantasy Tour de Suisse, the Fantasy TDF is now open:

http://www.velogames.com/

League Name: Boards.ie League
    League Code: 27133527

List of riders not finalised yet, but after submitting a team, you can make changes to it up until the 5th.

Get cracking!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

This was pain/heartache for me last time around. Like running out of legs on a long climb and seeing the wheel in front gradually drift away knowing there isn't a thing you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

first fantasy cycling - is there a reason all other Boards league teams are hidden? Do they become visible once it kicks off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

first fantasy cycling - is there a reason all other Boards league teams are hidden? Do they become visible once it kicks off?

Ya. Once the closing date passes you can see everyone's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

lost a bunch of my riders in the fantasy tour de suisse, hopefully have a bit of luck with this

• Advertisement

It's so everyone doesn't copy my team :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

It's so everyone doesn't copy my team B-)

its not a bad idea in fairness, six nations fantasy rugby, nearly everyone's squad is the same as teams are fully transparent before and throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

oh there also seems to be a separate KOM competition - http://www.velogames.com/king-of-mountains/2014/

21 teams so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Still a week to go and teams to be finalised, plenty of time.

There was 60+ in the fantasy giro iirc

• Advertisement

Sagan or cav, cav or sagan....

which one will I undoubtedly hex by selecting in my team??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I reckon sagan. he gets into breakaways etc..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The God Squad is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

also free tipping competition here on the free Wheeliebets site - it's my own creation for those with an eye to the betting markets

http://wheeliebets.com/2014/06/23/wheeliebets-tour-de-france-champion-tipster-is-back/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

In. Lets do this!!!!

Rider list is now confirmed...make sure to transfer out anyone who didnt make the start list before sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Finding it very tough to pick a team. Have a feeling I'll be battling it out to avoid being last.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

I'm in. This is my first go at something like this... :)

Am away from my tv for the first week, too; off on hols tomorrow, but have my Eurosport app to keep me going!

Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

My time to shine again! I didn't do too bad on the last one. I've entered this one too, so I can look down on everyone in my shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Joined up again as Horizontal Top Tubes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Shut_Up_Jens is in !
    The 9 riders have been informed of their..............demise, muhahaha :eek::P

The cut off hour can't come quick enough. Think I've hired and fired the complete peloton at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

when is cut off? just joined

godtabh wrote: »
    when is cut off? just joined

11am GMT I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 waywardchild

new to this where can we see league results and standings after each stage,

new to this where can we see league results and standings after each stage,

Velogames tweeted that they hope to update later this evening.

Scores are in. The mini league system seems to be messed up. Has me down in two leagues I know nothing about,yet my team isn't listed in them.
    Boards league is missing for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Scores are in. The mini league system seems to be messed up. Has me down in two leagues I know nothing about,yet my team isn't listed in them.
    Boards league is missing for me.

Same, I'm down for 5 leagues that I've never heard of. No sign of the boards one :/

I got 278 points for what it's worth :)

Same, I'm down for 5 leagues that I've never heard of. No sign of the boards one :/

Cool,not just me so. I've 177 points but I'm lurking till the hilly stuff.:D

Loads of people on Twitter seeing the same mini league errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Lord Di Lego

277p. Consider me right on your wheel.

Advertisement