Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any restaurants in Dublin with good ketosis food?

Options
  • 26-06-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Anyone know of any?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I presume you mean a good low carb feed?

In no particular order:

Aussie BBQ
    Bison
    Pitts Bros

All of these places will give you a decent serving of pulled pork, chicken fillets, burger patties etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

There is that american style joint off Westmoreland street heading down to Temple bar that does a massive mixed grill

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

You won't get much help here as this place is dominated by the calorie counting (eat your carbs) (everything in moderation) consensus. More than likely you'll be warned off by the ketosis scaremongers.

If your near Dundrum perhaps Beeftro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Would you like some ketchup to go with that chip Bruno?

Anyway I highly recommend Aussie BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Would you like some ketchup to go with that chip Bruno?

Anyway I highly recommend Aussie BBQ.
    I've been meaning to try there again, first experience was poor. Thought the portion sizes were over exaggerated by friends off mine, and the great white burger was tasty but not very big. I'll try anything twice though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Bruno26 wrote: »
    You won't get much help here as this place is dominated by the calorie counting (eat your carbs) (everything in moderation) consensus. More than likely you'll be warned off by the ketosis scaremongers.

If your near Dundrum perhaps Beeftro.

Is that in the shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Egass13 wrote: »
    Is that in the shopping centre?

It's outside down where all the restaurants are. Think it's in between Wagamama and the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I've been meaning to try there again, first experience was poor. Thought the portion sizes were over exaggerated by friends off mine, and the great white burger was tasty but not very big. I'll try anything twice though!

It's like anything...pitch it as THE GREATEST FOOD EVER, OH EM JEE chances are it won't live up to expectations.

But it's good meaty goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I know it's not Man Vs Food big, but plenty enough in it, and very competitively priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

nicolo wrote: »
    Anyone know of any?

When in Dublin city centre, I go to Soup Dragon on Capel street and just ask them to leave out rice/potatoe or whatever and I add butter/olive oil and they increase meat portion.

Very nice soups for fat heads like me, vegans, everyone really. Simple good food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pebblebay

For great steaks and homegrown salads and Veg Toscana on Dame Street is a winner. Plenty of olive oil on the tables to help absorb the proteins. Never had a bad meal there. FXBs is another good option at Christ Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Burrito places are brilliant, just get a bowl instead of a wrap, loads of yummy protein. Pablo Piccante on baggot st, another burrito place in St. Stephens green shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Oh and make sure to add avocado to make it extra tasty!

Advertisement