Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Wear Watches hit the Google Play Store...Ireland too!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody here have the Urbane ? What do you think of it ? I see its €240 in Argos but out of stock at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody here have the Urbane ? What do you think of it ? I see its €240 in Argos but out of stock at the minute.

I'm quite happy with mine, in terms of design its a lot better in person.

I can get a day and half out of mine in ambient mode.

Performance can be choppy at times but I don't have any other AW device to compare it to.

At €240 its good value compared to the Huewai Watch and arguably better than the Moto 360 Gen 2.

Cheers lads. I'll keep an eye out for it to come back into stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

Cheers lads. I'll keep an eye out for it to come back into stock.

Amazon.es have them for 220. Will deliver to parcel motel

nedd wrote: »
    Amazon.es have them for 220. Will deliver to parcel motel

Good spot.

What about the Zen Watch ? Looks to be €180 on Littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can pair the watch with a headset and play music from the watch. I'll have a poke around! (any excuse :pac:)

Right, got the watch to pair with the Bluetooth headphones, but can't seem to get the songs to transfer over though.

Google Play on the phone is letting me choose which songs to sync, but they don't, for reasons that are not clear to me.

I'll play with it over the weekend and see.

Dord wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on Amazon to ship my Moto 360 Sport. The planned ship day of 1 Jan came and went. Currently it's just stating out of stock and they're saying that they're waiting on the watches from their supplier. :confused::(

Did the sport arrive after ? Thinking of picking up a android wear at the minute and really like the sporty loom of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,840 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Right, got the watch to pair with the Bluetooth headphones, but can't seem to get the songs to transfer over though.

Google Play on the phone is letting me choose which songs to sync, but they don't, for reasons that are not clear to me.

I'll play with it over the weekend and see.

This upsets me,

It would be my primary reason to move to 'phone free' for running.
    The bliss of just a watch and just bluetooth headphones would be top of my list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Won't start a sync of songs to your watch unless its charging.
    I have 3-4 albums on my 360 which i play through my BT headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 33,840 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ongarite wrote: »
    Won't start a sync of songs to your watch unless its charging.
    I have 3-4 albums on my 360 which i play through my BT headphones

This is just with Google Music App? I presume ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Patww79 wrote: »

Damn you, bought :P

There should defo be a watch faces thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The heartrate and activity are quite annoying as notifications, and quite useless too I find. It congratulated me on my day's HR activity the other day when I just woke up, took a bus to work, sat at a desk for 9 hours, took a bus to a pub, walked home 100m. It also seems to sometimes increase my steps when I'm on a bus or tram.

Is there any way of disabling these entirely, and a good watchface which just shows calendar and weather with no blank where steps or HR should be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

So, I finally got my Moto 360 Sport! It arrived on Friday via Parcel Motel. Lots of fun playing with it so far. The rubber strap is a little bit of a lint magnet at times. The trade off is that it's very comfy to wear. I haven't worn a watch in about 20 years as they usually annoy me.

I'm still using the sport watch face but looking around at alternatives. I tested out the gps briefly last night and it works alright. Quite impressed by the battery life so far. Managed about 32 hrs on the first charge which included messing around with it a LOT.

EDIT: fixed the battery life. maybe i need a calculator on the watch...

So, I finally got my Moto 360 Sport! It arrived on Friday via Parcel Motel. Lots of fun playing with it so far. The rubber strap is a little bit of a lint magnet at times. The trade off is that it's very comfy to wear. I haven't worn a watch in about 20 years as they usually annoy me.

I'm still using the sport watch face but looking around at alternatives. I tested out the gps briefly last night and it works alright. Quite impressed by the battery life so far. Managed about 32 hrs on the first charge which included messing around with it a LOT.

EDIT: fixed the battery life. maybe i need a calculator on the watch...

Thanks for that. I'm on the hunt at the minute and I'm torn between the Moto 360 sport (£180 on Amazon) and the Urbane (£160 on Amazon).

I work in an office so the Urbane would obviously look better in that environment but I think the sport would look better outside of work, just more casual.

I'm so confused :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Have a Pebble for a long time but I finally pulled the trigger on the LG Urbane (Silver) and should be delivered on Monday. No GPS but that wasn't a deal breaker for me as I always have the phone with me and I think its a nice looking watch. The Huawei is also great looking but was a bit too dear for my liking.

Anyone using Tasker or IFTTT with Andorid Wear and if so what do you use it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Thanks for that. I'm on the hunt at the minute and I'm torn between the Moto 360 sport (£180 on Amazon) and the Urbane (£160 on Amazon).

I work in an office so the Urbane would obviously look better in that environment but I think the sport would look better outside of work, just more casual.

I'm so confused :(

The sport doesn't look super sporty. The case & strap is smooth black matte finished rubber with a nice gunmetal grey bezel. You can dress it up a bit in work with a nicer watch face. I work in an office, but it is quite a casual place.

If you need the gps, go for the sport otherwise I'd say urbane or 42mm Moto 360 v2 with a leather strap.

• Advertisement

The sport doesn't look super sporty. The case & strap is smooth black matte finished rubber with a nice gunmetal grey bezel. You can dress it up a bit in work with a nicer watch face. I work in an office, but it is quite a casual place.

If you need the gps, go for the sport otherwise I'd say urbane or 42mm Moto 360 v2 with a leather strap.

I don't need the GPS just really like the look of the sport.

Ah its hard to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I'm getting a "system update downloaded" notification on my Moto 360 but Im at work so I can't download it till I get home to my charger and get my battery to 80% anyone any idea what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I'm getting a "system update downloaded" notification on my Moto 360 but Im at work so I can't download it till I get home to my charger and get my battery to 80% anyone any idea what it is?

It's the Marshmallow update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

bajer101 wrote: »
    It's the Marshmallow update.

Kind of embarrassing that my 1st gen moto 360 gets it before my S6 edge plus.

My Moto 360 (2nd gen) is constantly showing up as being disconnected - it reconnects automatically but I am missing notifications which is the only reason why I use it - any fix for this?

My Moto 360 (2nd gen) is constantly showing up as being disconnected - it reconnects automatically but I am missing notifications which is the only reason why I use it - any fix for this?

I haven't experienced this.

Have you tried the usual reboot of both devices?

I haven't experienced this.

Have you tried the usual reboot of both devices?
    Yes doesn't really help - it hasn't always been a problem, only in recent weeks (perhaps since an update). Looking online it seems that I'm not the only one, but there is no clear fix. I will maybe try unpairing or a factory reset.

Yes doesn't really help - it hasn't always been a problem, only in recent weeks (perhaps since an update). Looking online it seems that I'm not the only one, but there is no clear fix. I will maybe try unpairing or a factory reset.

What phone have you?

What phone have you?
    OnePlus One

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Kind of embarrassing that my 1st gen moto 360 gets it before my S6 edge plus.

Android Wear is not open like Android itself is, so it cannot be modified by manufacturers, so there is one pure version of it making it easy to update, whereas with the phone Samsung will have to get vanilla Android, add their bits and test before pushing the mutated version of Android.

Advertisement