Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation after stealing accusation and tripping in a club

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

If there is one thing I hate and despise above all others it is this ‘Compo Culture’ of which this country is so fond, and the complete lack of willingness to take responsibility for one’s own actions or to accept that sometimes things happen through nobody’s fault.

These two articles are proof, if it was needed, that in this country we have become greedy and will use and every excuse to make a quick buck.

I have been to countless nightclubs in my time and have fallen and hurt myself. I could be a very rich woman now but I have enough cop on to know that I can’t just blame all and sundry for my own clumsiness and the fact that I more than likely had not been completely sober at the time. Not to mention that in not one of the clubs I have been to, did they ever make completely pitch black at the end. Just the opposite in fact, they always turn the lights up full. Ok the lady hurt herself but 18K worth? I think not.

Regarding the second article, do people really expect security to just allow patrons to walk away if they suspect them of wrong doing? Do you really expect that if you, as this woman did, start kicking and screaming and refusing to co-operate, that they will not be suspicious? The staff in this case were just doing their job imo. I suppose the woman must have already been of a nervous disposition to take it this far.

If judges are going to pay out on cases like this they need to start making the awards fit what happened. The amounts here are over the top.

Sorry for the rant, this is a pet peeve of mine!

Advertisement