Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TGC Beers Saturday July 12th at Sweetmans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I suggest in a glass. Beer from plastic cups gets drank an awful lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    We're collecting suggestions :)

I suggest the Wesht ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Cork

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We went to P Macs last time which was a decent spot. Sorted us out with munchies too.

Just to confirm beers will be in Dublin City Centre;)

Has a date been decided upon?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

D'Agger wrote: »
    Has a date been decided upon?

No, that is what the poll is for pacman.gif

July 12th seems to be a clear leader at this point though.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    No, that is what the poll is for pacman.gif

July 12th seems to be a clear leader at this point though.
    Ah I thought I'd voted already was waiting to hear the results - I've gone for Friday the 11th so I can try to wrangle working out of Dublin that day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Wait...how can we pick a date if we don't know the location?

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Wait...how can we pick a date if we don't know the location?

It will be Dublin city centre. Pub tbd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ballyduffzulu

Is this night out open to anyone or what is the story??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hey ballyduff. Sure, while I'm not one of the organisers so don't know the ins and outs, I'm pretty positive they'll be happy to have you along.

Haven't been able to get to a beers myself, but they're always meant to be great craic and everyone is really friendly and sociable.

Anybody is welcome - if you're from Ballyduff in Kerry then all the better :D

Poll added for venue

I'll try make the beers on the 12th but I've championship on the 19th so no beer for moi :(

Having gone to a sum total of zero of the bars mentioned I'll abstain from voting!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

P Macs
    I'd steer clear of Grand Central lads. Place is dead these days.

P Macs is a great spot but will be busy, maybe too busy for a meet..

Sweetmans is always a solid, if unspectacular shout.

JMHO :)

Edit - I voted, but i didnt mean to (im away that weekend) sorry for squeewing the poll lol

We booked a spot in P Macs last time and had a good aul night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm going to Arctic Monkeys on that date.

Unless my gang will be allowed to crash this joint for a little after party.

• Administrators Posts: 53,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

P Macs
    This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

P Macs I say. Full o hotties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

P Macs
    I voted for Sweetmans. I never pass up the opportunity to have some lovely craft brewed porter. Mmmmmmmm. Would love to come to this.

• Advertisement

Grand Central not polling too well. It must be bad when the person who suggested it doesn't even want to go there :D

Ok. Sweetman's wins :)

I will book an area for the night. Could anyone who is definitely going 'like' this post to give me an idea of numbers? Cheers

P Macs
    Might be able to make this! What time is it going to start?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm meeting a mate in the Porterhouse on Saturday but I might try to drag him along to this at some stage. He's a craft beer nerd too so Sweetman's shouldn't be a hard sell.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Might be able to make this! What time is it going to start?

I will be there from 7pm onwards. I will wear my NSFW T-shirt again so will be easily recognisable. There is also a pic of me in the much neglected 'Know Your Clubbers' thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056072310

Go into Sweetmans and go up the first few steps. There is a little alcove on your right across from the bar. I will be in there or hovering some place close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Something came up which has me in Cork for the week. Hoping I'll be back in Dublin early Saturday, but not a definite as of yet, unfortunately.

P Macs
    Not sure if I'll be able to make this after all- money worries and all that. :( - Still, if I can, I might swing by but if not, drink a pint of house Porter in my absence! :)

I'll know this evening but now not looking likely for me....was supposed to have a match Friday, now looking like it might be Saturday or Sunday so that's me in limbo

Apologies all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ballyduffzulu

So whats the story for saturday night? who's going?

• Advertisement

Yup - I'm out I'm afraid - have to head to a buddys bday tonight and I've a match Sunday so going to Dubland isn't feasible for me. Sorry folks, I know my absence pretty much ruins the night :pac: :D

Advertisement