Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please stop using weed killer.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

[/B][/B]
    And yet you believe this wonderful, honest multibillion dollar company when they tell you that the herbicide glyphosate is safe to use on your garden at the correct dosage the correct times and under ideal conditions. Now that is what you call hysterical.

Just out of interest how do you plan to take care of your resistant weeds.

Wait.... let me guess more chemicals?

No, I don't believe because Monsanto claim such, I believe because other scientists have researched and come to similar conclusions. I don't buy into the notion that Monsanto are impartial so stop trying to imply I'm defending them.

I don't have 'resistant' superweeds but I will continue to use chemicals. If M. offer the best solution at the best price, I will continue to buy those products.

For my own curiosity, do you own, use or have ever owned or used products/services from these Companies?

Nokia
    Coca-Cola
    Nestle
    Primark
    Nike
    Any and all of the Oil and Gas suppliers.
    Ryanair
    Irish Banks
    Gold or diamonds
    The list could go on and on...and even further if we go historical.

If you have, it is somewhat hypocritical of you to accuse me of 'supporting' an unethical Corporation by buying their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    Can we all be sure Monsanto are acting in our best interests?horrible company,interested only in profit.why would anyone spray poison on their garden,rather than putting in the effort to pull up a few weeds.I wouldn't think of eating any veg out of a garden that had roundup sprayed on it.anyone noticed all the bees are dying...wonder why that is?pesticides kill bees.bees pollinate plants.no bees=no plants.round up=no bees.

I would not believe one word they say. The likes of them can literally do what they want.

[/B][/B]

No, I don't believe because Monsanto claim such, I believe because other scientists have researched and come to similar conclusions. I don't buy into the notion that Monsanto are impartial so stop trying to imply I'm defending them.

I don't have 'resistant' superweeds but I will continue to use chemicals. If M. offer the best solution at the best price, I will continue to buy those products.

For my own curiosity, do you own, use or have ever owned or used products/services from these Companies?

The list could go on and on...and even further if we go historical.

If you have, it is somewhat hypocritical of you to accuse me of 'supporting' an unethical Corporation by buying their products.

And would it be possible that these scientists might have vested interests or performed only short term studies on company orders? Would it be possible that other scientist have done longer studies and came to different conclusions.

Enough said spray away! But do you not wonder why glyphosate is being banned for public use in other countrys?

The thread is about weed killers.

You have a point about going historical. There has been an endless list of (harmless & safe) products sold only to be banned when the damage has been done but how about we look to the future instead and think about that for a change.

:)The hysterical treehugging hypocrite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

"...I believe because other scientists..."
    Maybe I should have clarified: scientists not on Monsanto payroll; scientists not funded by Monsanto or off-shoot Corporation. Monsanto don't own everything.

I will continue to spray and I think it will be removed from Public access because they may not be adequately informed on how best to apply it. I made an earlier post directly related to this issue.

"...I believe because other scientists..."
    Maybe I should have clarified: scientists not on Monsanto payroll; scientists not funded by Monsanto or off-shoot Corporation. Monsanto don't own everything.

I will continue to spray and I think it will be removed from Public access because they may not be adequately informed on how best to apply it. I made an earlier post directly related to this issue.

I never mentioned them. I wrote company orders.

I was referring to it being banned over healh risks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

And would it be possible that these scientists might have vested interests or performed only short term studies on company orders? Would it be possible that other scientist have done longer studies and came to different conclusions.

Enough said spray away! But do you not wonder why glyphosate is being banned for public use in other countrys?

The thread is about weed killers.

You have a point about going historical. There has been an endless list of (harmless & safe) products sold only to be banned when the damage has been done but how about we look to the future instead and think about that for a change.

:)The hysterical treehugging hypocrite

I'd have thought a competing company would have a vested interest in damaging monsantos reputation.

Especially if the competitor was based on a different country, ie Germany or France.

I may be a conspiracy nut, but I'm not going to believe that they all cozy up together, especially when there's money to made slagging the competition!

Advertisement