Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Angron wrote: »
    The scapegoating students pissed me off a lot, cause there was no way in hell things were gonna run normally, but the students were still pressured to move to the various places.

They were told in June, yeah get some accomodation, because we'll be running a mix of online and on campus lectures, the Friday before things start again, nah you know what we'll shift it all online instead, screwing everyone over in the process.

It's shambolic beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Angron wrote: »
    The scapegoating students pissed me off a lot, cause there was no way in hell things were gonna run normally, but the students were still pressured to move to the various places.

The amount of student house parties in Cork and Limerick is astonishing, with classes on line l do wonder why so many still move to city digs, it is cheaper to stay living at home

Everyone of all ages just needs to act responsible, take care and stay safe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The amount of student house parties in Cork and Limerick is astonishing, with classes on line l do wonder why so many still move to city digs, it is cheaper to stay living at home

Well what were they expecting would happen, when ordering thousands back into universities & IT's without so much as a clear plan. Not to mention international students who've also been shafted. Can't go the pubs, buy drink from an off license and word gets out. Pandemic or not. We humans are social animals after all.

Sure yeah, it's cheaper to stay at home, but what if that isn't an option available?

What should've been done, was a island wide decree that ALL universities are to be online for the foreseeable future, which in itself presents it's own can of worms eventually..

As for everyone of all ages needing to act all responsible, all well and good in theory, in it's execution not so. Not to mention those who think this is all one big scheme would be screaming about rights being impeded or something.

It's been botched from the beginning.

More stricter re enforcement is needed, high fines for rule breakers

Yeah cause stricter enforcement will really help the situation, and not freak people out with worry even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think too many people are just thinking about themselves and think they’ll be fine so it doesn’t matter about others.

I don’t think there’s any one group to blame as I’ve seen or heard young and old not adhereing to best practice to keep it away

There is no easy fix too this or end in sight and I can’t blame people for getting frustrated with the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 60,353 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eddie Van Halen has died aged 65, RIP.

2020 ****ing sucks :(

From Covid19?

RIP

Given the hames the government made of announcing back to school plans most students were probably tied into their rental agreement.

Online classes should have been announced ages ago instead of this folly notion of in-class attendance.

• Advertisement

From Covid19?

RIP

Nope, he lost his 5 year fight against Cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kicking my All-Ireland Tournament off now in two minutes folks. If anyone wants to join in and cast votes or just even have a look in, you can have a gander here.

Biden out drew Trump in the ratings in last nights head to head on ABC & NBC

lol Trump's ego will explode losing to old man sleepy Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Wrestling thread in AH lads....just saying. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Oh no not again

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What do you think is the best landmark in the world? Statue of Liberty? Eiffel Tower? Great Wall of China? Well if you'd like to have your say, I'm back with a brand new tournament. Gerrybbadd, JP Liz and PTH2009 have gotten stuck in to some of them so far and they're decent craic.

Ultimate World Landmark Tournament

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Happy Halloween

Happy halloween! Did u watch any horror films or tv specials?

I've been watching a lot of halloween editions of old cartoons, like Doug, Hey Arnold etc, damn it's pretty great! Doug held up especially well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »

I've been watching a lot of halloween editions of old cartoons, like Doug, Hey Arnold etc, damn it's pretty great! Doug held up especially well.

There's a fairly decent Scooby Doo movie out Jayk, the lads do have it on here. It has Elvira and Bill Nye in it, and Matthew Lillard returns to voice Shaggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,899 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Naturally the US election is around everywhere atm, don't know much about it all but seems a Biden win is the most positive outcome but he is pretty old. Maybe we might get the first female president earlier than expected

One thing i noticed was all the celebrities who say they will leave the States if Trump is re elected ??? Will they ****

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »

I'm not really into horror scary films but I do enjoy Hocus Pocus every year

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Naturally the US election is around everywhere atm, don't know much about it all but seems a Biden win is the most positive outcome but he is pretty old. Maybe we might get the first female president earlier than expected

One thing i noticed was all the celebrities who say they will leave the States if Trump is re elected ??? Will they ****

Biden and Harris got in but Trump calling fraud, wants recounts, he won't leave quietly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see him as the type that if he was fired from an office job, would delete databases before he leaves.
    Think he would need to be watched closely over the next couple months

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Trump is going to burn America down between now and January.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Trump is going to burn America down between now and January.

Along with Seth Rollins

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not anti vaccine but can they say if any side effects this early on? Would probably wait a while unless absolutely necessary.
    Also doesn't seem to specify if this is one and one(or 2 in this case) or if it would be annual like the flu vaccine.
    I assume high risk cases would take priority, so would be waiting anyway

Advertisement