Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stepper for extra cardio

Options
  • 19-06-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Has anyone, especially males, use this? I am looking to get an extra bit of cardio in and was thinking of purchasing one of these. anyone used and recommend?

I am wondering how good the resistance is and how suitable this is for a 90kg person, is it noisy?

I am unable to post a link to the one I am looking at, but if you google
    Reebok REM-G7580 Mini Side Stepper with Resistance Tubes

something like that

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Seems like the sort of thing that will be gathering dust in the wardrobe after a fortnight.

What is your goal? If you want to lose weight. Cut 200 calories a day instead of wasting 5 hours a week on that thing and go for a brisk walk or something you enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

^ This.

Skipping rope - cheaper and more useful, IMHO, if you fancy a bit of cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

I have early bird gym membership and owing to an injury I am unable to do impact at the moment, so a run in the evening is out of the question. since I cannot access my gym, I was figuring using one of these for rehab and that extra bit of cardio would be a good substitute.

I think I would enjoy this, watching TV

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got one in argos just to give it a go, I was pretty sure I would be returning it and did (argos are good with returns like that).

I had the same idea, something to do watching TV. It was a bit noisy, boring and had very little resistance and was not taxing at all.

I would suggest just doing high rep bodyweight squats instead, but as you are injured this might not be suitable. I used to do sets of pushups during ad breaks, I also have a chinup bar in my room and used to do short sets of pullups or chinups.

Advertisement