Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary constricting pain in upper back/chest

Options
  • 19-06-2014 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but over the last two or three weeks I've had 3 instances now that last for about 30-60 mins each, which gives me quite a bit of pain in my upper back/chest area. I don't know how to describe this, it feels like someone has put pressure inside me, or like someone is squeezing my spine.It hurts quite a bit, and I can't concentrate on doing anything while it's going on. It's only happened 3 times, but it seems to be getting progressively longer each time too, first one was about 30 mins, second about 45 mins, and third, which is happening now, is about 45 mins in.

I don't feel like I can go to the doctor about this, because I most likely won't have the pain when I go...

Has anyone heard of something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You need to go to the doctor - we're not allowed to give medical advice.

But you don't need to be having the pain at the same time as you're at the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

You should be calling for an ambulance , do it now !

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

You need to go to the doctor - we're not allowed to give medical advice.

But you don't need to be having the pain at the same time as you're at the doctor.

Yeah ok, you're right.

andy1249 wrote: »
    You should be calling for an ambulance , do it now !

It's almost gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

The symptoms you are describing Im all too familiar with , gone or not , you need to get seen too , and the quickest way to do that is to call an ambulance , and specify a cardiac ambulance at that !

• Advertisement

andy1249 wrote: »
    The symptoms you are describing Im all too familiar with , gone or not , you need to get seen too , and the quickest way to do that is to call an ambulance , and specify a cardiac ambulance at that !

I've made an appointment with my doctor, it's in 25 mins now, thank you for your concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Best of luck!

Just back from the doctor, he says I have Scoliosis, and directed me to a physiotherapist.

Thanks again for your help & concern guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement