Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bourne 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

ah f*ck!!!

Can't stand the guy ..

What Cassel is one of the best actors out there, although he's somewhat misused in his Hollywood roles (aside from Black Swan, Eastern Promises and Trance) . In his native France, he's the man with great performances in La Haine, Brotherhood of the Wolf, The Appartment, Read My Lips, Mesrine and Irreversible. A great actor and he does a great Villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Re cassel, any man that was married to Monica is a Demi God in my eyes...:)
    Really looking forward to this, loved the books, loved the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

No Renner? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

kupus wrote: »
    Re cassel, any man that was married to Monica is a Demi God in my eyes...:)
    Really looking forward to this, loved the books, loved the movies.

Belucci? That woman is ridiculously in good shape for her age. Stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I cant see it being as good as the others and Ultimatum was the weakest of the 3 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I cant see it being as good as the others and Ultimatum was the weakest of the 3 IMO.

Not sure why Ultimatum gets a bad rap.

Its lot more entertaining than identity.

The scene in Waterloo train station is the best scene in the series IMO.

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Not sure why Ultimatum gets a bad rap.

Its lot more entertaining than identity.

The scene in Waterloo train station is the best scene in the series IMO.

Better than the Berlin foot chase in Supremacy,no way.

I actually think Ultimatum is the weakest of the 3 movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I'd have Ultimatum second to Supremacy. They're all great movies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,442 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bourne is in Ireland to see U2 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Superbowl ad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I´m in....

Don't think John Powell is doing the soundtrack ?
    His work was perfect with the other movies.

I wonder will Bourne 5 be as good as the first 3 films ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Don't think John Powell is doing the soundtrack ?
    His work was perfect with the other movies.

Well there's definitely a 1-2 second hint of the Bourne signature tune - Moby's "Extreme Ways" in that trailer...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Greys0n

i don't think that it will be a good movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Greys0n wrote: »
    i don't think that it will be a good movie

Could go either way, I like Tommy Lee though, seems like it might be a good role for him. Vikander is usually good too. I really hope they don't totally ignore Legacy though, that would annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Could go either way, I like Tommy Lee though, seems like it might be a good role for him. Vikander is usually good too. I really hope they don't totally ignore Legacy though, that would annoy me.

I hope they do, it was crap imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,595 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Could be promising ,trailer looks decent and doesn't give too much away .

There is only so much they can rehash though about Treadstone and his training ,background etc and I thought Ultimatum was vastly inferior to the first two films .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Oh I'm looking forward to this one. I personally thought Ultimatum was the best of the trilogy (not even counting #4). That trailer looks promising but I fear there'll be too much Julia Styles in action woman mode which isn't very credible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like it's rigidly sticking to the formula of the Bourne movies really: Jason Bourne pursues 'the truth', only to be periodically interrupted for fisticuffs with some assassins, or a quick chat with an ally (shaking off the constant surveillance under cover of a crowd of course). All the while, serious-looking men stalk the corridors of the CIA, barking orders in front of a giant TV screen. Not that I'm complaining because it was a highly successful, entertaining formula :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the sword

Agreed, from watching the trailer I think it’s going to be similar to the others, Bournes in hiding, something happens, he emerges at the same time, cat in mouse with another assassin, he finds the truth and exposes corruption in the government, goes back into hiding and mentally gets ready for another sequel.

Enjoyed all the Bourne films, thought the spin off one was grand also so fair to say this will be good too!

I wish they could of made a direct Jason Bourne sequel to Ultimatum but they can't do that now because Legacy has messed with the story.

I would of liked to have seen David Strathairn and Joan Allen come back for Jason Bourne.

Does it not look a bit off to anybody though? too much OTT action for a bourne movie? almost like an all out action movie :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nix wrote: »
    Does it not look a bit off to anybody though? too much OTT action for a bourne movie? almost like an all out action movie :confused:

The second and third film were pretty relentless in terms of action from start to finish from what I remember. In fairness though, it's a trailer, the action is the main selling point so it's only natural they'll show nothing but in the trailer.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The second and third film were pretty relentless in terms of action from start to finish from what I remember. In fairness though, it's a trailer, the action is the main selling point so it's only natural they'll show nothing but in the trailer.

Ah i know yeah its got some explosions and OTT driving chases in past movies, i guess im mainly surprised at the truck smacking about 6 cars out of the way with ease :D

And the fact hes taking part in street fighting, seems abit out of character.. Time will tell i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

nix wrote: »
    And the fact hes taking part in street fighting, seems abit out of character.. Time will tell i guess :)

I allways thought he should be hooked up with 'freedom fighters' someplace. He's hardly going to trust governments and their agencies after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Can't wait to see Matt Damon resume his role as Bourne. He brings a damaged intensity to the role.

Would love to see Franka Potente return, Bobby-in-Dallas style. :p

Loved the relationship between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i think they had the premier of it in Sydney over the weekend, hopefully we will hear some news soon about how good it is. I have high hopes for it anyway

watched the bourne ultimatum again over the weekend, what a great film !!

Advertisement