Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Needling for trigger points

Options
  • 17-06-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone tried dry needling for relief of trigger points (knots in muscles) ?And how did you find it.I have very bad knots in legs from the bike the wont seem to go away with deep massage.Been on the foam roller and even used the wifes rolling pin.Any feedback would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Very painful, but I found it effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

As above. very effective. Quite uncomfortable sensation but worth it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

It's quite effective at releiveing knots in the muscle. I got it done last year after I tore my calf.
    I didn't find it painful but it is uncomfortable and it is a very unusual sensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

I found it great but it only treats the symptom not what is causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Got it done for a pulled trap muscle.
    Awful sensation....feels like flexing your muscle x 100:mad:
    Seemed to do the trick tho,was in bits the day after but noticed a big improvement on the third day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭COH

I love getting dry needling done.. have had it done numerous times on QLs, multifus, spinal erectors and around the iliac crest. Feels quite intrusive.. I believe I equated it to being raped repeatedly by teeny tiny midgets the first time I got it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Thanks Guys for the replies, will give it a go and see how I get on .Guess you need 3 or 4 sessions before you see an improvement in muscle knots

Advertisement