Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What songs did you have at your civil/secular ceremony?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Here Comes The Trio

faughs wrote: »
    Here come the trio sound fantastic. However it may not be feasible to have them travel the distance required.Does anyone have recommendations for something similar in the north east??

Hey faughs :)
    North East would certainly be a bit far but have heard wonderful things about Astral string quartet and Bohemian Strings as groups who do similar things a bit further up the country. I'm not sure of anyone north of Dublin but if you want to PM us date&venue I can try and post on Facebook and see if anyone is up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭faughs

Just checked out Bohemian String and really like them also. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Some songs we've performed:

How Long Will I Love You - Waterboys/ Ellie Goulding
    Halleliuia - Leonard Cohen (Instrumental)
    The Voyage - Christy Moore
    Bright Blue Rose - Mary Black
    Songbird - Eva Cassidy
    You Take My Breath Away - Eva Cassidy
    Fisherman's Blues - Waterboys
    Tabhair Dom Do Lámh - Carolan (Trad)
    Eleanor Plunkett - Carolan (Trad)
    She Moved Through The Fair (Trad)
    Rainbow Connection - Kermit The Frog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Processional - Elbow, One Day like This
    Recessional - Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell

Both performed by a string quartet. You've not listened to Meatloaf until you've heard it on violin :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

DM addict wrote: »
    Processional - Elbow, One Day like This
    Recessional - Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell

Both performed by a string quartet. You've not listened to Meatloaf until you've heard it on violin :D

oh, i really wanted Meatloaf but himself completely vetoed it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Keep them coming guys, wedding in a fortnight and pretty stuck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

We're having the version of 'I Wanna hold your hand' sang by TV Carpio for me walking up the aisle, 'first day of my life' by Bright eyes, 'falling slowly' by the Swell Season, 'In My Life' by the beatles and one more possibly 'one day like this' by elbow, but that's very over used so that might change. I love them all!

Advertisement