Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will/did you pay for for bridal party

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I'm going to pay for the bridemaid's (only one!) dress and shoes - if she requires new shoes - her makeup and her hair. I'll see about manicure or pedicure, I might pay for it as a girly day.

Then we'll pay for the groomsmen (2 of them probably, we're being awkward!) suit purchase but we won't be getting expensive suits for them. They can buy their own shoes if needs be, otherwise they can wear their own. Neither of us care about what they have on their feet in fairness.

Then I think we'll probably pay for the accommodation, it's fairly far away and awkward and they wouldn't be staying in the house if they weren't in the wedding party so it's only fair we pay for them.

We're not doing cars as neither of us have any mass on them and my bro-in-law has a lovely car anyway which will do us and then the wedding party can drive themselves or ball in together, it'll all work out I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭berrecka

Bridesmaids' dresses yes, one bridesmaid; one best woman

Bridesmaids' shoes yes bridesmaid; best woman if she wants (she doesn't live in Ireland and is a bit particular about shoes, so if she would prefer to wear her own, she can, if she wants to get something new, we'll get them for her)

Groomsmen's suit purchase yes, one bestman; one bridesman. Both will get the suits of their choosing, when we get around to going shopping with them

Groomsmen's suit hire no

Groomsmen's shoes If they want them, we will get them. I suppose it depends on the suits they choose. I imagine they will feel like the groom and want to wear shoes he has already broken in, but if they want something new, we'll sort them out (within reason!)

Bridesmaids' hair yep, bridesmaid will get her hair and make up done in the morning with me, my mom, sister, sister in law and 2 nieces (flowergirls). Best woman will be in the lads house, she may go with the grooms mammy to get her hair and make up done

Bridesmaids' makeup yep, as above

Bridesmaids' hair/makeup trials Nope, Im getting the trail done before I go to another wedding, which she wont be at, so I don't think so.

Bridesmaids' manicure Ara yea, we'll have a girly day with manis and pedis

Bridesmaids' spray tan Don't think so - were not really spray tan kind of girls. Its in October though, so if she wants it, we'll sort it.

Rooms/accommodation for the night of the wedding or longer No. This one has been annoying me, but we are having it in the city centre, down the road from either where they or their parents live. It seemed a bit excessive to put all 4 of them (and their partners up under the circumstances, but I feel like a bit of a scab not doing it - everytime I've been bridesmaid, I and my bf have been put up, usually for 2 nights)

Tailoring/alterations to wedding outfits The suits may need tailoring, wont know till we get them. The girls dresses are off the peg and unless they dramatically change shape in the next 4 months, shouldn't need it. But if they do, we'll sort them.

Accessories for the day (jewellery etc) Yea. This is a tricky one. Ill buy for my bridesmaid and man. Ill probably end up buying for the best woman too cos the groom wouldn't be great at buying jewellery for his best friend - she is into very different jewellery to me and my friends and has lots of allergies to different metals so haven't quite figured out what to do. He can get the best man something though.

Chauffeured cars An amazing boardsie is sorting me out with he loan of his mini for the day. We may all squish into that to get us into town. After that, we'll be on foot through town from the ceremony to reception venue

Advertisement