Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

Hello! I was just perusing boards for the first time in ages, with this particular forum being a favourite. I have an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean and am thinking of selling.

I bought it new in 2012, on the bracelet, and have a couple of Isofrane straps (1x orange, 1x black) to go with it. Full box/papers etc. It is 45.5mm, but doesn't wear as big as it sounds. It is a beaut, but not getting enough wrist time; I have a vintage Submariner that won't give other watches a chance :)

Edit: Oops, I forgot to say I'll send you a PM. Price is ~€4k, inclusive of additional straps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Am thinking of getting back into the IWC world of pilots. So if there is anything floating around..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

I looking to move on 2 watches, I have an incoming and it is "getting ridiculous"(so have been told!).

Damasko DA34

Was looking to sell this before and never pushed it as it is a nice simple piece. It is from 2018 and I am the second owner. This and the Sinn below are worn in a rotation with a number of other watches, so it gets worn infreqently.

I cannot see any marks on it, this is my second Damasko and they do not mark. Crystal is clean with not marks. Strap and pin buckle are Damasko. Strap is leather and lots of life left in it. I have a rubber Damasko with Damasko pin buckle which I will also include.

I have box and papers (including receipt).

This has the Damasko hardened case that is proprietary to Damasko. There is some other Damasko tech such as the use of Viton seals in the crown.

This is a robust bit of kit and a great everyday wearable watch.

Not much Irish love for Damasko here.

I am looking for €700.

Next up is a Sinn 856UTC

This is from December 2010. This is fully Tegimented case and bracelet (althought not labeled as such), newer versions have the T triangle.

Another hard to mark watch. There is a slight mark on the bezel which was there when I got it but I did not notice it at the time and it does not bother me too much. Also on the deployant there are some hairline marks.

UTC function allow for 2 time zones if required.

Nice watch and also robust.

I have boxes, Original Sinn warranty card,outer and inner box, booklet, CD (?), 2 extra links, receipt from November 2020 and 10 bar pressure test from November 2020.

Am looking for €1,350.

Only interested in a face to face. Based on the Northside of Dublin. Willing to travel a reasonable distance for meeting-up.

Any questions please PM me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If I hadn't literally just bought a Sinn U2 that is playing pass the parcel between Ireland and Norway, I would be all over your 856. That's a very fair price IMO and whoever gets it is getting a very underrated watch IMO.

GLWS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I wish I had the the cash on hand to get that Sinn! Unfortunately the recent purchase of an engagement ring has any watch budget eaten up for me for the next while.

Good luck with the sale Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 64,960 ✭✭✭✭unkel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭micks_address

Think thats my Sinn... great watch.. solid as a rock

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

My Solas Starlight for sale:

I know a lot of you all have this already but for anyone that did miss out - it's not getting the time that it deserves and honestly I probably won't ever wear it which seems a massive shame, especially with all of the love and effort put in by Diyu.

Additional Salmon Leather strap included.

Usual adverts tax applied - open to offers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Gavin I suggest putting your Damasko on watchuseek sales corner with EU only in the title. Ireland is just too small a market for them.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Want to sell my barely worn Lew Huey Phantom.

Nice sandwich dial. Has the upgraded DLC coating. Lovely domed acrylic crystal.

Come with original brown leather strap and original nato.

42mm case. Seiko NH35 automatic, winding and hacking movement.

No marks that I can see, has lived in watch drawer for majority of it's life. Looking for 250.

For full specs see https://www.wristwatchreview.com/lew-and-huey-phantom/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

@ mods I've read the opening post on this thread but not sure where this situation stands do advice below.

Business partner is selling a watch that might be of interest to some on here. He will not list it on adverts or anywhere online and has just mentioned to a goldsmith friend that supplies the market.

So can or should I post the brief details here for contact by PM only and I can then do the intros off line or is that not allowed?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭893bet

2021 Rolex Submariner 124060

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Also selling my Tag Heuer Carrera Cal 5

41mm - Silver indicies Day/Date

Lovely watch & my first 'proper' watch but only getting 1/2 wears a month and hoping to put the money towards something a little different.

Adverts Tax applied here too- open to reasonable offers

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tag-heuer/27680825

Assuming he doesn’t want to list online as he is trying to protect his “relationship” with his AD? Doesn’t want to sell to a dealer as the dealer will flip etc.

Hie much cash is he looking to realise?

124060 (no date sub 41mm) retails at €8650. I presume he has a full set. How much above retail (if anything) is he looking for? Some people on here have claimed recently that these will be selling around or just above retail now. Personally I don't believe that. I think you should be able to get a lot more than retail (at least 30% more) even in a quick private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

I fear you are right. I may put them both on TZ-UK and post it from Newry. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Not a hope it’s around retail price .black Steel subs will be the last to feel the pinch. You won’t buy a full set for less then €11k and be extreme lucky to get one for that .

Anyone notice the batgirl on adverts ? Seller looking for €14250 and all the adverts “watch dealers “ …. creaming themselves over it

• Advertisement

He didn't buy via an AD, just doesn't want the hassle of random calls and security risks. Not looking to make a profit but would like to get out for what he got in for or close to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Dont think anyone suggested they are selling at retail grey now....but give it some time and a older 6 digit sub will be in or around retail, as retail goes up and grey goes down. 11-11.5k seem about right private....chrono has mine at 13k but not a hope.

Ah those lads hoover up any bit of a bargain, and the newer lads do it fairly aggressively.

How much does he want?

He's hoping for something between the numbers you quoted.

He's fairly switched on to the Rolex scene, much more than I would be. However I think your numbers are about right based on knocking back the prices I see on chrono24.

He has two offers from dealers here at your lower figures which again supports your pricing. They will probably try and flip on for an extra 1-1.5k if they can stretch it.

Yes, the 30% above retail I suggested would make it about €11k, he might have to drop that a bit for a quick hassle free deal with a decent buyer. Or a bit more if selling to a grey dealer. What did he pay for it and when? Obviously if he bought at the height of the market from a grey dealer, he is not going to get back what he paid for it now.

its a Batman but yeah seems to be below dealer buy price. They clearly see a market with profit in it

Sell it on adverts. Only deal with users a few years old. That have 50 plus feedback minimum. Don’t give mobile out if possible.

Or take the easier dealer sale.

Full set on c24 for 13k from French dealer.

11.5 k for a quick sale seems pretty good.

Interesting, isn't it. Definitely a hyped watch and people including dealers are falling over each other to offer about €1k under the cheapest asking price one on C24 in Europe. Goes to show there really isn't all that much negotiating room on C24 asking prices for Rolex steel sport if you take into account the C24 fee.

That €15k offered is 50% above retail. Not as high as some have sold for earlier in the year, but most certainly not a market crash. Not yet anyway 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Definitely not a crash yet and summer has for the last few years always a been a bit slower on price .I’m biding my time for a Pepsi .€20k seems to be common price at the moment but I’m hoping for €15K in the near future , not sure how realistic that is but I’ll wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Said I'd pop this up here and see if theres any interest.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-speedmaster/27497254

Selling my Speedmaster, Ref 311.30.42.30.01.005. Hesalite model, full set. Selling due to a lack of wrist time. Watch is in excellent condition - purchased from an Irish AD in 2017 and serviced last year. Keeping excellent time. Asking €5k but might be swayed by a part exchange for something more interesting😂

Advertisement