Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

DHL offer high value insurance if you have a business account with them.

Have you asked watchfinder to send you a label and bill it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

So, am considering moving on my IWC LPP, IW3777-14

Aw man, if it had been an IWC LPP, IW3777-14a I'd have been straight onto you...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I'm toying with selling my Speedmaster professional moonwatch again. I need the funds for something else that's come up non watch wise.

The watch is in great condition with bracelet and all inks. It doesn't have a box or cards but was serviced 2 years ago. I've had no issues with it. Ill add a few pictures soon.

I paid 3150 for it delivered and I'd like to recoup the same. These are generally going north of 3500 now boxed with cards.

Not in a panic to sell so testing the waters so to speak.

Serial decodes to 2000 year of manufacture. Hesalite model.

D788-AEF6-5-AD6-40-AE-8633-75-D2-E9005878.jpg

02559-ED5-D435-42-DB-988-A-0128-B9939-BB3.jpg
    841-B1089-C99-F-4-BEE-8680-1-B8-FF2-D5-F728.jpg
    D623370-C-CD7-D-4845-BD2-B-2-A09170-F85-EC.jpg
    5-CCC3282-4-BE7-4-EBB-AD87-460931414-E26.jpg

Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Hi folks,

I'm toying with selling my Speedmaster professional moonwatch again. I need the funds for something else that's come up non watch wise.

The watch is in great condition with bracelet and all inks. It doesn't have a box or cards but was serviced 2 years ago. I've had no issues with it. Ill add a few pictures soon.

I paid 3150 for it delivered and I'd like to recoup the same. These are generally going north of 3500 now boxed with cards.

That's a decent buy at that price Mick, you should have that sold soon. GLWS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I need to stop buying Mick's watches, give someone else a chance. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@Micks_Address: not in a position to make an offer, but what model and year is that? Is it hesalite?

Cheers

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    @Micks_Address: not in a position to make an offer, but what model and year is that? Is it hesalite?

Cheers

Details would help :) serial decodes to year 2000. Its a hesalite model.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

david wrote: »
    DHL offer high value insurance if you have a business account with them.

You don't even need a business account - I signed up here and have sent a couple of watches insured for about 2k & 4K with no issues.

I got a quote for fully insured shipping, and a quote without insurance with cover through Secursus, and there's not a ton of difference between the two prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Secursus is pretty much the go to insurer for expensive watches if the main UK watch forum is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

unkel wrote: »
    Secursus is pretty much the go to insurer for expensive watches if the main UK watch forum is anything to go by.

Until the last couple of posts it is a service that I never even knew existed.
    Very handy as the market for trading and selling and even servicing becomes more and more international.
    Thanks for that!

On the actual topic of this thread however.
    I am considering putting my HKeD Bund V3 on the block?
    https://www.hkedwatches.com/collections/bundeswehr-pilot-chronograph-v3/products/bundeswehr-black-dial

This has the display case back and also a spare crown and stem as well as the original steel case back.

It's not quite a reluctant sale, rather that it's in a queue now for aviation watches behind my IWC and my Astro and it isn't getting near enough wrist time.

It is far too nice a watch to be left sitting in my drawer on the off chance I may wear it.

I'll add photos later, I probably won't offer it for sale elsewhere (at least not for a few weeks).

These are now all sold out and no more of the model will be made.
    Ed has hinted that he will be moving to a smaller overall size rather than a V4.

This cost me $430 when I bought it, it's in good condition apart from the strap but I'll source a new fluco before I ship and add a few NATO options to deal too.
    Also the heavy canvas HKed branded watch role will be included of course ;)

How does €325 Inc shipping sound?

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »

How does €325 Inc shipping sound?

Info in the post above and photos below.

IMG-20200419-131514-650.jpg
    IMG-20200419-114139.jpg
    20200214-172350-COLLAGE.jpg

Aw man. That's really nice. I'd love that. Every watch looks great on those tan leather rally straps to my eye. :). I haven't a bean to spare for a month or so though.
    What's the craic with hand-winders, I've never had one. That doesn't have a power reserve indicator does it? So how do you know when it needs winding, is it a daily routing thing, or does it depend on how often you ask it to perform its chronograph duties?

fat bloke wrote: »
    Aw man. That's really nice. I'd love that. Every watch looks great on those tan leather rally straps to my eye. :). I haven't a bean to spare for a month or so though.
    What's the craic with hand-winders, I've never had one. That doesn't have a power reserve indicator does it? So how do you know when it needs winding, is it a daily routing thing, or does it depend on how often you ask it to perform its chronograph duties?

You're it doesn't have a PR indicator but it does have @2days PR.
    Winding if wearing it as a daily is I find at least, the initial wind when setting time.
    Wind until the crown gets stiff, then I usually wind every 2nd day.
    I'd be fairly certain that using the chrono does deplete the pr quicker, but I've not had any issue holding a 2 day winding routine.

As I said, it's not something I'm in a rush to sell I'm under no "money" pressure I mean.
    If it is something you are interested in?
    I'd be more than happy to set it aside for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

You're it doesn't have a PR indicator but it does have @2days PR.
    Winding if wearing it as a daily is I find at least, the initial wind when setting time.
    Wind until the crown gets stiff, then I usually wind every 2nd day.
    I'd be fairly certain that using the chrono does deplete the pr quicker, but I've not had any issue holding a 2 day winding routine.

As I said, it's not something I'm in a rush to sell I'm under no "money" pressure I mean.

Not sure that running a chrono does deplete the pr much more than not - since the chrono seconds wheel "locks" on to the running seconds wheel and derives it's energy from that - could be that the escapement action has lots of "spare" energy going to waste normally so running a chrono doesn't actually use any additional energy - just that less energy is being "wasted"? But that's me thinking out loud.

HKED is a stand up guy btw - a microbrand I wouldn't hesitate to recommend because of Ed (who's based in HK) - he's a regular on the WUS Chinese forum and has a great rep for customer service.

Thirdfox wrote: »

HKED is a stand up guy btw - a microbrand I wouldn't hesitate to recommend because of Ed (who's based in HK) - he's a regular on the WUS Chinese forum and has a great rep for customer service.

100% agree, standby and confirm this.
    He is a really great guy, knowledgeable and very, very customer focused.
    Much like yourself tbh TF ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Not sure that running a chrono does deplete the pr much more than not - since the chrono seconds wheel "locks" on to the running seconds wheel and derives it's energy from that - could be that the escapement action has lots of "spare" energy going to waste normally so running a chrono doesn't actually use any additional energy - just that less energy is being "wasted"? But that's me thinking out loud.

I was just on their site and spotted a piece I really like but i don’t see an option to deliver to Ireland. Am I missing something?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Thanks for the offer Banie01. I won't stand in the way of a sale but if I manage to stick to my plan to keep my frivolous spends to a minimum for a while and you still have it I'll give you a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

Not sure if anyone is interested in my Wempe. It's a bit of an oddity but a cracking watch all the same. Full set, June 2020.

Looking for €3200 and I'm open to trades across or down. Shoot me a PM if you'd like more pics.

1623864825883.jpg

A blog to watch review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B--3uVKObI&t=1s

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Selling my Seiko Presage Cocktail - Blue Moon (SRPB41J1)

It is like new. Was purchased in August 2020 and worn a handful of times. The strap was never used and still has they protective plastic on it.

mXyuZXil.jpeg

HrvU8erl.jpeg

It is £350 (€400) on watchshop.com which is where I bought it. I was thinking of listing it on Adverts for €300, but would do a deal for anyone here that might be interested.

Some extra pics here: https://imgur.com/gallery/tCzxKQS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Love those Cocktail Times. Tempted to make an offer but know I just won't wear it that much. I have a dressy Seiko chrono that in normal times I might just wear once a month when out for a meal or occasion. Think I've only worn it twice in the last 14 months and one of those was just for the sake of it!

• Advertisement

@Pablo, can I ask what part of the country you are based?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

@Pablo, can I ask what part of the country you are based?

I am in South Dublin

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    I am in South Dublin
    PM sent....

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Any interest in my seiko monster mod? I'd do a good discount for anyone on here.
    I'm trying to raise funds for something else I have my eye on

YWVhNjA4NDZiZWYxYjQxZGIzZjJjOWExZTU2ODJlMGLVrJAafIQdp2sZG9s0XOV5aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDYwNDMyMDBmMmI0ODY3MWI0ZWFjN2ZlYWFkMTFmYzY1ZGY4N2U5ODQ0MjE0YzFkNWJiZGI2N2RmNDQ1Y2JiYy5qcGd8fHx8fHwyMTl4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-monster/23931416

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Not sure if anyone is interested in my Wempe. It's a bit of an oddity but a cracking watch all the same. Full set, June 2020.

Looking for €3200 and I'm open to trades across or down. Shoot me a PM if you'd like more pics.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/6WpKwxK/ A blog to watch review here:[/img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B--3uVKObI&t=1s

That is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cheap and cheerful ladies/girls retro Ice Watch.

€25 delivered anyone?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/153886612@N06/0rL2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Only first edition solas for sale in the world. Worn for 4 hours or so.

Current retail 449 and that’s only for the waitlist! 150 deposit and 299 then when it’s delivered! You can have it now for just 330 euro from me.

https://solaswatches.com/shop/ols/products/xn-sls-starlight-silver-no-date-pkc25c

430-C9-E44-FDAD-4-C36-9439-E83-CD2-B3-AD7-E.jpg

52-E57-E1-D-93-F6-4-F8-A-8934-524-CA6-BFFAFA.jpg

ACB7-FF2-B-647-A-4-D7-F-90-D4-EA7-B7-C2-F8-F20.jpg

B5-AED7-FB-780-F-499-C-B3-CF-3-F23125-F4215.jpg

F2-E1-AF4-C-ABED-4-C16-B918-C3-EC7264-C2-B0.jpg

As mentioned over on the chat thread, I'm going to move on my HkED Bundeswehr V3.

This watch really is a great homage to a classic and one I'd searched a long time for.
    The only reasons I'm moving it on is that when I look at the watch tray for a Flieger, my hand always drifts to my IWC and tbh I have both too many watches, and too many black/dark dials.
    Tbh if I'd bought it as a panda/reverse panda, I'd keep it.

Anyway my bulging watchbox is (subject to FatBloke having 1st refusal) ;) is someone here's gain.

Rather than run thru the specs, I'll link the product page and will answer any questions ye might have.
    https://www.hkedwatches.com/collections/bundeswehr-pilot-chronograph-v3/products/bundeswehr-black-dial

Also included in this sale is the steel case back and a spare crown and stem.
    Keeps immaculate time and the feel of the chrono and it's reset is fantastic.
    Honestly compared to my IWC the st19 movement and it's "togetherness" makes the IWC 7750 feel sloppy.

This originally cost me $430, to members of our parish.
    I hope that €300 Inc postage strikes as fair.
    If/when I put it to adverts I'll be looking for €350+pp

MVIMG-20210626-160729.jpg
    IMG-20210626-160737.jpg
    MVIMG-20210626-160805.jpg
    MVIMG-20210626-161133.jpg
    MVIMG-20210626-161157.jpg
    MVIMG-20210626-160718.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CarProblem

Finally got off my backside and listed my Oris.

• Advertisement

CarProblem wrote: »
    Finally got off my backside and listed my Oris.

lovely dial on the Oris

Advertisement