Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expired Passport for Alcohol?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aether

Thanks for the responses you cheeky kents. Just to clarify, it's not the getting into the concert that I'm worried about. The concerts over 16's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

For verification, I always bring my eyeballs for a retina scan.
    The shopkeeper says I look at him way too agressively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Get a new passport before you turn 18 OP alot cheaper than when you do turn 18

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yeah...contrary to my early post, the expired passport should work for bouncers and barmen.
    It will not be accepted in a bank...I recently had to renew mine to open a couple of new accounts in the Bank of Ireland (I'm 39 btw). And like I did say, don't rely on a valid passport for anything as minor as buying a drink. As soon as the OP hits 18 (and recovers from his first ever legal hangover) he should get the Garda ID or whatever. College ID usually works but I realise thats four months away (if at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

FearDark wrote: »
    In fairness Tesco's rules on this are retarded.

I got ID'd in tesco for Skins a few months ag - didn't have it on me and they refused to serve me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

A few years ago when buying alcohol in Tesco, I was refused because my passport was out of date. I also had my college ID on me but she wouldn't accept it because there is no date of birth. I though it was a bit crazy because it still proved I was over 18. I asked to speak to the manager but all he told me was it was there policy.

The next day I applied for a garda age card so it wouldn't happen again. It's just so much handier because it's accepted everywhere and it's easier than carrying around your passport with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

wazky wrote: »
    Bring your mammy along for parental verification.

bring the midwife that delivered ya too :cool:

Advertisement