Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Allowance after Carers death and use of Pubic Service Card

Options
  • 10-06-2014 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was caring for my mother and got carers allowance and a free travel pass. She has passed away,do I give the travel pass back now. The Social Welfare said hold onto it and Idont think they're right,dont want to be pulled off a bus or get into trouble or fined. Am I still entitled to this FT-P sticker on my PPS card? Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Condolences on your loss. Welcome to Boards. In cases like yours, you should return the freebie items to DSFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Davdo11

Thought as much. The guys in Soc Welfare said Keep it. Thanks Kris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

After my mother died I received a letter from social welfare asking for my travel pass back. I rang them up as I couldn't find it and they said it was grand. This was the old cardboard pass, I'm not sure about the new cards.

Eventually it turned up and I sent it back to them.

Advertisement