Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yank has questions on bringing my gear and juices for Ireland trip

Options
  • 07-06-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am going on a family trip to Ireland and I live in Albuquerque NM, USA. I am flying into Dublin on Are Lingus airlines and the site for airlines states that I can't bring an e-cigarette on my carry on luggage. I'm not planning to vape during the flight, because this would cause a scandal with my relatives. I know that the American TSA allows e-cigarettes and the juices to go through the check points, so how would any Are Lingus personal know that I have an e-cigarette on me if I don't pull it out an cape on the plane?
    I would like to know how I can bring my juice, batteries and e-cigarette gear into Ireland without any problems. I really don't want to buy disposable cigarettes, because they taste horrible. I tried to look at the European Union customs and Irish customs sites and the only information was on bringing 100 cigarettes without paying duty taxes. There wasn't anything on the new nicotine juice laws.
    The last question that I have is are there any e-cigarette shops in Westport Ireland? In case I have any problems with charging my cigarette or need more juice batteries etc..
    Thank you for any help and I'm looking forward to going to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

There doesn't seem to be any problem with it in Ireland judging by this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197913

Ps, enjoy your stay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Never had any bother bringing batteries, clearos and juices in hand luggage with Aer Lingus myself so I'd imagine you'd be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I have never had a problem with liquids coming back into any of the airports in Ireland.
    I have been questioned about them a few times in France and Belgium :p although they are often genuinely interested as well, which is nice.

Enjoy your holliers :D ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

AFAIK, there are no shops that sell e-juice in Westport. But there is a vaping shop (kinda pricey) in Castlebar. It's 11 miles from Westport.

You could purchase over the internet from a Irish site, the postal service is fairly quick. You should have your order in two days.

Most of the pubs in Westport are vaping friendly. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 duke city

Thanks for all of your help and I'm looking forward to going Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

You’re allowed 100 cigarettes per person, so if you’re going with family they can each bring a carton and still be within the customs guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

You’re allowed 100 cigarettes per person, so if you’re going with family they can each bring a carton and still be within the customs guidelines

This thread and even the forum has nothing to has nothing to do with cigarettes at all. The OP states that he already has found out that he can bring 100 cigarettes through but his original question had nothing to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 duke city

Thanks I saw that on the customs web site, but I quit smoking cigarettes a couple of months ago. I tried to quit smoking cigarettes for years and failed. I decided that the best thing to do was switch to e-cigarettes, since I like nicotine. I no longer get lectures about smoking from people and I can enjoy my e-cigarette indoors. I don't have to go outside and get dirty looks while I smoke on my front porch. Although I still might get lung cancer from the car pollution in my neighborhood. There are 95,000 cars that commute in my part of town due to living near two universities, yet both schools have anti smoking and anti e-cigarette activists working there. The world is full self righteous busy bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

duke city wrote: »
    Thanks I saw that on the customs web site, but I quit smoking cigarettes a couple of months ago. I tried to quit smoking cigarettes for years and failed. I decided that the best thing to do was switch to e-cigarettes, since I like nicotine. I no longer get lectures about smoking from people and I can enjoy my e-cigarette indoors. I don't have to go outside and get dirty looks while I smoke on my front porch. Although I still might get lung cancer from the car pollution in my neighborhood. There are 95,000 cars that commute in my part of town due to living near two universities, yet both schools have anti smoking and anti e-cigarette activists working there. The world is full self righteous busy bodies.

You'll fit right in over here with mentality ;)

This thread and even the forum has nothing to has nothing to do with cigarettes at all. The OP states that he already has found out that he can bring 100 cigarettes through but his original question had nothing to do with that.

Than why does this forum have a smoking section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Than why does this forum have a smoking section?

The forum you are in is the Vaping and E-Smoking section. This has nothing to do with smoking cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

OP,

I have flown with Aer Lingus, Ryan Air, Air France and others over the last 12 months and have not been stopped or questioned about any e-liquids that I have in my hand luggage.

When going through the check points I just put the whole lot, battery and all, into a clear plastic bag and any liquid bottles that I may have - as long as it is under the 50ml (50ml is that right?) there should be no problem.

Regards

The forum you are in is the Vaping and E-Smoking section. This has nothing to do with smoking cigarettes.

My bad the question in general seemed more like a customs question

Advertisement