Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Security

Options
  • 26-04-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I'm flying out from Dublin tomorrow and it will be my first time flying since i starting vaping. I will be bringing 2 Aspire BDC Glassomizers,2 Kanger VV batteries and 2 20ml bottles of liquid. I presume this will all be okay?

When I go through security can I have liquid in the glassomisizers? if so do i put them in the plastic bag with the rest of the liquids. Also should I put the batteries in the tray rather than having them in my bag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Treat the same as any liquids, sealed bag in the tray. Mind your clearos though, the cabin pressure will chance make them leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Got a pocket full of liquid a few times. Empty everytime now. Fly twice or more a week so its a pain.

Never any issue at security though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Got a pocket full of liquid a few times. Empty everytime now. Fly twice or more a week so its a pain.

Never any issue at security though.

I can do without that so I definitely be taking your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I always put my liquids in those pathetic plastic bags - including the clearo's which are already filled with liquid - you don't need to get delayed and your bag ripped apart during the most stressful time of travelling.

I keep batteries separate from the clearo's and switched off - they should be fine in their special carry case within your hand luggage, no need to put them in the plastic bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cohal

When in the air, keep the clearo facing down to the ground and nothing will leak, works for me anyway. So for assembled e-cig, keep it vertical with clearo at the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Presumably you can go into the bogs for sneaky vapes? I always do this in restaurants/the cinema. If it's an overnight flight you can probably crack it out when its lights out aswell, just exhale towards the floor ;)

accaguest wrote: »
    Presumably you can go into the bogs for sneaky vapes? I always do this in restaurants/the cinema. If it's an overnight flight you can probably crack it out when its lights out aswell, just exhale towards the floor ;)

Don't go into the jacks anyway. Very very sensitive smoke/particle detectors in there! You'll end up in jail if you set one off in flight! Id just take a sneaky drag here and there on a long haul flight. Be grand.

Cohal wrote: »
    When in the air, keep the clearo facing down to the ground and nothing will leak, works for me anyway. So for assembled e-cig, keep it vertical with clearo at the bottom

Tried this, it worked nicely. Sat it into the magazine slot on the back of the seat. Feel pretty stupid for not thinking of this meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I flew out of Dublin and Paris in the last week. I had a bag checked so the juices and batteries went into that. I carried the ecig I was using onto the plane (ego battery and iClear clearomiser). No issue at security. I just dropped it onto a tray with my keys and phone. They know what they are these days.

I didn't vape on the plane at all. Paris is about 90 minutes so I wasn't bothered although I did vape easily and without fuss in both airports, although I never do big plumes of vapour.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I just fill a cartomiser now for the plane, no issues with any leaking, and a small battery for a bit of stealth vaping.

Have vaped in lots of airplane toilets too, just exhale downwards and no big clouds and you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

accaguest wrote: »

See Liam Neeson in Non Stop - he smokes his fags in the loo with the aid of some masking tape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Clear Steam, for full ninja mode! Haven't tried it, but igetcha69 has a video on it, pretty much zero vapour exhaled, with no loss of flavour or throat hit...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lcarr

Hi, I'm going away to Spain in a few months and want to take my e cig with me. I was planning on putting everything concerned with the ecig in my check in bag as the people I'm going with don't know that I smoke so want to keep it away from view. Should there be any issue with putting everything in a check in bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lcarr wrote: »
    Hi, I'm going away to Spain in a few months and want to take my e cig with me. I was planning on putting everything concerned with the ecig in my check in bag as the people I'm going with don't know that I smoke so want to keep it away from view. Should there be any issue with putting everything in a check in bag?

Lithium batteries aren't meant to be checked in.

If using just the ecig your problem's already solved with those people - you're not smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Coming back from France recently my MVP was flagged by security, never had a problem with ego batteries. Quick explanation and demonstration and I was on my merry way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cohal

If it's an e-cig, then you don't smoke, you vape!

But, on your question, I think there may be problem - some types of batteries are not allowed in checked baggage, like Lithium Ion batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 7 duke city

Thank you for your help. I wasn't sure about the liquid part on the EU site. I won't have any problems going to Ireland from Chicago or returning to the states, because I'll go through TSA security. The American TSA controls the customs in the Dublin airport for travelers going to America. The lithium ion batteries, liquids and gear are okay with TSA. I am going to put my gear in my e-ciarette case with the gear broken down. I read that if you have your gear broken down TSA won't think that it is a bomb or weapon. I was worried that the Irish customs officers would take my stuff when I arrived in Ireland.
    I'm planning to take a bottle of liquid on the plane, so I can put one or two drops in my drinks to fulfill my nicotine addiction. I also heard that people rub drops on their wrists, so they can have their nicotine at work. I'm planning to sneak into the Chicago airport bathroom to vape. Chicago is one of those cities where the antismoking Nazis passed no vaping in public places.
    I have an Joy Tech egocc which is designed to not leak. Does anybody own this model? I'm thinking that if I take the tip off of the top during the flight the air hole at the top will help with the cabin pressure.

Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Would you not just bring some nicorette gum or something on the plane, or if you're really desperate just have a crafty stealth vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Exactly, or fill a cartomiser, they won't leak, and have a stealth vape in your seat or in the toilets? I wouldn't be drinking liquid anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

duke city wrote: »
    I'm planning to take a bottle of liquid on the plane, so I can put one or two drops in my drinks to fulfill my nicotine addiction. I also heard that people rub drops on their wrists, so they can have their nicotine at work.

Jesus man, I wouldn't be drinking the stuff, it's poisonous. I wouldn't be rubbing it on your skin either as it's a skin irritant. Can you not go the 6/8 hours on the flight or whatever it is without a vape ? As Mr. Chrome said, just buy some nicorette gum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 duke city

A drop or two won't kill you, but I wouldn't recommend that you drink the whole bottle. You can get on your skin doesn't really hurt your skin. Some people told me that they put a couple of drops on their skin while at work and it doesn't harm their skin. I've gotten the juice on my skin when my e-ciagrette leaked and it didn't harm me.
    The article about a teaspoon of nicotine killing you or people having heart attacks from getting the juice on their skin comes from an a**hole at the University of California San Francisco who started the whole anti smoking thing in the 1960s. He makes money off of demonizing smokers for the past thirty years and his new target is e-cigarettes. He is responsible for the second hand smoke campaigns that banned smokers from smoking indoors etc.. Now his latest campaign is to get the flavors out of the nicotine liquid, because it will attract young people into using e-cigarettes and this will lead to them smoking tobacco cigarettes. He is also responsible for the propaganda that e-cigarettes don't help people quit smoking and people will continue to use tobacco cigarettes even if they switch to e-cigarettes. He runs the tobacco research at UCSF and he gets lots of grant money from the drug companies, national health institute etc... to create his anti nicotine use campaigns. The guy has a Phd in mechanical engineering, so he really can't be an expert on health since he never went to medical school.
    I refuse to buy the gum and support the drug companies that are trying to get rid of e-cigarettes. Plus the gum is nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I get the stuff on my hands from time to time but wouldn't be purposely rubbing it in.

Each to their own dude. I for one won't be putting drops of e-liquid in my coffee.

Advertisement