Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forgot Calculator Number Maths Paper I - HELP!!

• 07-06-2014 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am sitting here sh**ting myself. I thought I did an alright paper and handed it up. Just realised I forgot to put the ****ing calculator number on it! What can I do? Is it the same examiner who corrects paper 1 as paper 2. Gaahhh. After all the grinds if I fail maths, I will go on a rampage and do some unsavoury stuff to Ruari Quinn. Advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

LaLeche wrote: »
    I am sitting here sh**ting myself. I thought I did an alright paper and handed it up. Just realised I forgot to put the ****ing calculator number on it! What can I do? Is it the same examiner who corrects paper 1 as paper 2. Gaahhh. After all the grinds if I fail maths, I will go on a rampage and do some unsavoury stuff to Ruari Quinn. Advice?

Nobody cares about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LaLeche

Nobody cares about that.

Me... or the number? I feel like a full on r-tard, but knowing the people in my centre I'm sure I'm not the only one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Me... or the number? I feel like a full on r-tard, but knowing the people in my centre I'm sure I'm not the only one

The number.

The number.

Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JWM12

Meh, they might assume you're a genius who didn't need one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

If forgetting to write the number of your exam calculator is your biggest worry then your grand. It really couldn't matter less.

JWM12 wrote: »
    Meh, they might assume you're a genius who didn't need one ;)

Hmmm... Never even thought about it that way.... Maybe I should leave it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If you have no calculator number on it how can they prove that you used one?

Miaireland wrote: »
    If you have no calculator number on it how can they prove that you used one?

Hey you're completely right! I may have forgot it? But then again.. I couldn't do that square root of 1681 in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Dont worry about it I forgot mine too but I dont think it really matters! Just put it in on paper 2 and then the examiner might notice!

• Advertisement

Dont worry about it I forgot mine too but I dont think it really matters! Just put it in on paper 2 and then the examiner might notice!

Yeah hopefully so :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just write the number of the calculator on Paper Two and state that you used the same calculator in Paper One.

spurious wrote: »
    Just write the number of the calculator on Paper Two and state that you used the same calculator in Paper One.

Yeah good advice. I'll probably end up doing that

Examiner just wrote 'casio' on all blank calculator spaces, legend!

Advertisement