Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Dublin 1 Area

Options
  • 05-06-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been advised by loads of friends and people that the north side of Dublin, specifically Dublin 1 area isn't very ideal and safe to live in. (Except for the grand canal dock area, they said the houses there were nice but walking there might go through some rough parts)

My mum however found an advert stating for an apartment in Montgomery Court Foley Street. The flat is fully refurbished and renovated with utilities (broadband and electricity) included in a 500 euro monthly rent. The landlord is a guy from Germany and there is no way for me to verify if this deal is true as when I googled this advert, the website had already removed the ad.

Could anyone familiar with living in Dublin 1 and rental issues advise me if I should take the deal? It just seems way too good for it to be true.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

ChaosD wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've been advised by loads of friends and people that the north side of Dublin, specifically Dublin 1 area isn't very ideal and safe to live in. (Except for the grand canal dock area, they said the houses there were nice but walking there might go through some rough parts)

My mum however found an advert stating for an apartment in Montgomery Court. The flat is fully refurbished and renovated with utilities (broadband and electricity) included in a 500 euro monthly rent. The landlord is a guy from Germany and there is no way for me to verify if this deal is true as when I googled this advert, the website had already removed the ad.

Could anyone familiar with living in Dublin 1 and rental issues advise me if I should take the deal? It just seems way to good for it to be true.

Unless you can meet the landlord/agent and view the actual property then I would steer clear.
    A flat for €500 is unrealistic and possibly a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChaosD

Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick advice. Ok, its been my mum who has been in contact with the landlord via email. I'll ask if its possible to meet the landlord and view the actual property.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

ChaosD wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick advice. Ok, its been my mum who has been in contact with the landlord via email. I'll ask if its possible to meet the landlord and view the actual property.

If you can post the content of the email from the landlord... Please take out personal or identifying details.
    Did they suggest sending money via western union?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChaosD

If you can post the content of the email from the landlord... Please take out personal or identifying details.
    Did they suggest sending money via western union?

They didn't suggest sending any money. Below are the contents:

Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in Montgomery Court, Foley Street, Dublin 1. It has 1 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room. I bought this apartment with my wife because we worked in Dublin 5 years in domain of (X Company) but we come back in X because we have X children and we working very much time and my mother help a lot with children. So I'm renting the place for unlimited time. Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.
    The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 500euro /month. "security deposit" is also 500euro , and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment.(you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
    Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is XXX XXX and i have X years and i work at XX XX from XXX.

If you decide to rent i will deliver the keys of apartment directly at your home. I plan to involve a company that offers services of export / shipment to your home.
    Of course the shipping cost will be paid by me.

Feel free to contact me with all your questions so i can give more information
    about the apartment and how the process will work.
    I offer and expect 100% seriousness!

I've replaced any personal details of the landlord with X's.

We asked to view the apartment but he refused saying that it is exactly as photographed. My mum and I have decided to drop it and wouldn't be renting it as it seems very suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

100% scam, dont go near it. Too cheap and way too much detail in that email. A quick email to arrange a viewing would have done instead of his life story. You see this with cars all the time too, always involves a story and a foreign owner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭petecork

I remember that 'Foley St' apartment from Tueday, its definitely fake and was removed as others reported it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057222730

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement