Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Has anyone who got Ireland - France tickets in the original ballot not got them yet? Everybody seems to have got theirs but me :-(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭fitz

andymx11 wrote: »
    Has anyone who got Ireland - France tickets in the original ballot not got them yet? Everybody seems to have got theirs but me :-(

Me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭testtech05

andymx11 wrote: »

I got tickets for france and canada games on the ballot. Not receives anything yet either!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

testtech05 wrote: »
    I got tickets for france and canada games on the ballot. Not receives anything yet either!

I got some extra tickets from DHL today but there was no email and my account doesn't even say dispatched. Hard to know what's going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

fitz wrote: »
    Me neither.

Me threeither.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I got some extra tickets from DHL today but there was no email and my account doesn't even say dispatched. Hard to know what's going on...

I got a text from DHL to say they are on the way today (at least I think...damn my terrible French) but nothing from RWC themselves.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I got a text from DHL to say they are on the way today (at least I think...damn my terrible French) but nothing from RWC themselves.

Its the same in the UK, I got tickets a week agi and it was Royal Mail who emailed me and sent a text to let me know they were being delivered. Subcontracted out from RWC I suppose to do all that

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Podge_irl wrote: »

Its the same in the UK, I got tickets a week agi and it was Royal Mail who emailed me and sent a text to let me know they were being delivered. Subcontracted out from RWC I suppose to do all that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Had my tickets delivered to the folk's place last week, first notification I got was a call from the mother saying that DHL dropped a package out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Got an email after the tickets were delivered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Anybody who got QF tickets got them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Nope

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

crisco10 wrote: »

Yeah, this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

crisco10 wrote: »

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

not yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My tickets are at home apparently, just got a call from DHL.

Interested to see if they all came in one batch given that they've charged me 3 separate delivery fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I have a ticket for the ireland v canada game i wont be able to use if anyone is interested

adrian522 wrote: »
    My tickets are at home apparently, just got a call from DHL.

Interested to see if they all came in one batch given that they've charged me 3 separate delivery fees.

They charged my GF several delivery charges on a batched delivery. She's written to them for a refund and they're "looking into it".

To answer another question, I got my QF tickets delivered in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Were the tickets sent from Manchester does anyone know?

Missed a DHL delivery today and tracked the no. online and it's origin is Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

They charged my GF several delivery charges on a batched delivery. She's written to them for a refund and they're "looking into it".

Keep us posted on this if you would.
    I haven't received any ticket yet, but know a guy who got tickets to 3 different games. They all arrived together, collated.
    Surely if everyone gets their tickets like this then they can't justify £15 for every seperate purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

she write an actual letter or just an email?

Have 12 from Texas travelling over and they are starting to get worried as not a single person has had any tickets shipped and we're waiting on about 40 tickets total

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I have a ticket for the ireland v canada game i wont be able to use if anyone is interested

how much?

Trippie wrote: »
    she write an actual letter or just an email?

Have 12 from Texas travelling over and they are starting to get worried as not a single person has had any tickets shipped and we're waiting on about 40 tickets total

Email. She lectures in Law in a UK Uni and is known to be stubborn (on such matters) so I suspect they're going to have a bad time if they refuse. It's not as big an issue for her as it's only £5 delivery but it could be useful for the rest of us here. I'll keep you informed.

Yeah, I'm starting to sweat just a little too. I'm sure they'll get on top of it though. It would be a complete disaster if they didn't get them out to people...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not sure what they are up to, they sent me 2 of the 6 tickets I'd ordered.

I got 2 tickets for each of the QF's in the ballot, got the 2 tickets for one of those QF's today.

Deliberately splitting up deliveries to maximise revenue is the only reason I see for doing this.

I got 2 tickets for each of the semi's too. I ordered these in separate transactions as they became available that day so they hit me with separate deliveries for each of those too.

DHL are going to make a lot of money off of this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Were the tickets sent from Manchester does anyone know?

Missed a DHL delivery today and tracked the no. online and it's origin is Manchester.

The origin on my tickets was also Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

cee_jay wrote: »
    The origin on my tickets was also Manchester.

That's it so, cheers. I knew it had to be it, wouldn't intentionally buy anything from that dump! :D

"Oh Manchester... is full of .... " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

So theres 10 of us going over in two cars, I'm wanting to deck out my car in wing mirror flags, flags that stick out from the windows and flags for the rear window etc. I remember seeing similar in dealz before but months ago, I was in there last week and they didn't have anything. Any idea where I can get such items? I'm picturing s convoy of similar minded people leaving the ferry and smirking away here!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

Hi got 2 tickets for a Cardiff QF from the original ballot Friday last week. No email from DHL, nothing on my account to say despatched. First I heard was a call from the courier driver in the morning.

No issue with that, except I've also bought 2 tickets for the second Cardiff QF in the 'early general sale' phase (last November). I was never charged a delivery fee for those as I assumed they would all be delivered at once. The letter that accompanied the 2 tickets I did get makes no reference to the other tickets even though it claims all tickets I have purchased before June are listed.... It's a bit of a shambles. I never thought I'd say UEFA were more organised, but had no some messing with Euro 2012 tickets...

Not going to worry too much about it though as when I called the UK number to enquire the automated recording keeps repeating to only contact them if you don't have tickets 3 or 5 days before the game.

So I'll just wait it out...

/T

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Ireland France tickets just arrived. Safe to say my weekend is complete!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

how much?
    Free mate. at this stage wont resell it i cant attend and just seems a waste

Advertisement