Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% off masonry paint in woodies

Options
  • 30-05-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Woodies are running 50% off masonry paint. Picked up 11ltrs of white weathershield for 24.50.
    Hopefully the weather is ok tomorrow so I can use it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

cougar wrote: »
    Woodies are running 50% off masonry paint. Picked up 11ltrs of white weathershield for 24.50.
    Hopefully the weather is ok tomorrow so I can use it

Yeah, it's very good, even better than the 3 for 2 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Need to do the same myself.......thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Their site says:
    7 Day Specials - 50% Off All Masonry Paints (Includes Whites & Testers)

Anyone know what the sale dates are? Does it end this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

leck wrote: »
    Their site says:

Anyone know what the sale dates are? Does it end this weekend?

Ends Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

This is not 'all' masonry paint, I was just in woodies and it does not include sandex which is what I need typically!

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    This is not 'all' masonry paint, I was just in woodies and it does not include sandex which is what I need typically!

I was in Woodies in Glasnevin and the 50% off sticker was beside the sandtex.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/action/searchsite/Sandtex

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

Afraid you're incorrect there. It's ALL masonry paint. 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cheers for this. Was just about to knock up to my local b&b for some. .. quick detour to my local woodies is in order!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I hope you meant B&Q :D

Damn autocorrelation

• Advertisement

Ah. Auto correct. Jayzus.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Just a quick question, is sandex for external wall only?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

JOSman wrote: »
    Just a quick question, is sandex for external wall only?

Thanks

Yes.

dodzy wrote: »
    Yes.

Yes, but there's nothing stopping you using it indoors. Just doesn't look as nice on the wall as indoor vinyls.

Planning to change trim colour on the house and paint boundary walls. Spent hours yesterday evening looking at color swatches for Dulux Weathershield. Get to Woodies to find they are sold out and nearby Woodies too. Woman at info desk told me there were queues outside door when they opened on Thursday. So missed that stampede and missed the paint. Had to revise the color scheme and left with a different brand (Sandtex) in a different color. Hope I won't be sorry.

Planning to change trim colour on the house and paint boundary walls. Spent hours yesterday evening looking at color swatches for Dulux Weathershield. Get to Woodies to find they are sold out and nearby Woodies too. Woman at info desk told me there were queues outside door when they opened on Thursday. So missed that stampede and missed the paint. Had to revise the color scheme and left with a different brand (Sandtex) in a different color. Hope I won't be sorry.

Sandtex is a Crown paint and is pretty close in quality to Weathershield. You won't have problems.

hare05 wrote: »
    Sandtex is a Crown paint and is pretty close in quality to Weathershield. You won't have problems.
    Thanks. It's more the color that I might regret. Was looking for Achill White in Dulux Weathershield to go alongside the existing Fleetwood Buttermilk on the house. Hope that the Sandtex in Magnolia will provide enough contrast.

My neighbor gave me a Woodies 20% coupon that she got at Bloom. Used that on additional stuff - rollers, brush ... So if you have that voucher don't forget to bring it along too.

Thanks. It's more the color that I might regret. Was looking for Achill White in Dulux Weathershield to go alongside the existing Fleetwood Buttermilk on the house. Hope that the Sandtex in Magnolia will provide enough contrast.

My neighbor gave me a Woodies 20% coupon that she got at Bloom. Used that on additional stuff - rollers, brush ... So if you have that voucher don't forget to bring it along too.

The voucher is from bloom, but if you sign up to the family and friends (loyalty bonus type thing) you'll get that kind of discount often enough. Had a load of people come in last week with 20% blanket discount vouchers sent by text. Not sure if that particular one is still running though.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Ends Monday.

Actually runs til Wednesday

Yes, but there's nothing stopping you using it indoors. Just doesn't look as nice on the wall as indoor vinyls.

In practical you can use it. but in theory I dont think your advised to use it inside, it will say it on bucket because it has a anti-fungicide in exterior emulsion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Thanks OP - was in Limerick yesterday evening and not a huge amount of Dulux left good bit of Sandtex and a lot of their own brand stuff (which is made by Fleetwood and is perfectly fine). I went with their own brand so 60 odd quid to paint your entire house is pretty sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

lots of dulux, sandtex, fleetwood and own brand paints left in woodies in Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

lennymc wrote: »
    lots of dulux, sandtex, fleetwood and own brand paints left in woodies in Drogheda.

Lots in glasnevin too

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mrtayto27

eamon234 wrote: »
    Thanks OP - was in Limerick yesterday evening and not a huge amount of Dulux left good bit of Sandtex and a lot of their own brand stuff (which is made by Fleetwood and is perfectly fine). I went with their own brand so 60 odd quid to paint your entire house is pretty sweet!

The woodies own brand is not made by Fleetwood any more, it's now made by johnstones in the UK ,
    t's a cheaper product than it was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

The voucher is from bloom, but if you sign up to the family and friends (loyalty bonus type thing) you'll get that kind of discount often enough. Had a load of people come in last week with 20% blanket discount vouchers sent by text. Not sure if that particular one is still running though.

Anybody thats got the text voucher..... willing to send/forward it to me???

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Excellent offer

Couldn't get the 10l dulux in Sandyford but got it in Long Mile, good stock in latter

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Anyone know what the stock is like in Tallaght? I will want 3 x large pots of white in any of the major brands (Fleetwood etc) and don't want to make an unnecessary journey is all sold out. Thanks.

fiona-f wrote: »
    Anyone know what the stock is like in Tallaght? I will want 3 x large pots of white in any of the major brands (Fleetwood etc) and don't want to make an unnecessary journey is all sold out. Thanks.

Go onto woodies website and click reserve, select tallaght and see or just ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Woodies Woodies Woodies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mad m wrote: »
    Go onto woodies website and click reserve, select tallaght and see or just ring them.

Not allowing reserve and collect :(

Advertisement