Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

takeaway in athlone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Poor taste if so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I apologise.
    It was in bad taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

For pure grease you can't beat the cookhouse.
    Lamb base

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Imperial Chinese on Northgate street is top take-away in Midlands...
    BBQ ribs to die for!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    Imperial Chinese on Northgate street is top take-away in Midlands...
    BBQ ribs to die for!

salt'n'chilli ribs there are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lisalights

The Indian on pearse st, think it's called something like kebab house, looks a bit dodge from outside but it's actually lovely takeaway Indian, no layer if oil on top of the curries like you'd get in some places, lovely homemade chips and the meat is really good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

lisalights wrote: »
    The Indian on pearse st, think it's called something like kebab house, looks a bit dodge from outside but it's actually lovely takeaway Indian, no layer if oil on top of the curries like you'd get in some places, lovely homemade chips and the meat is really good quality

Yeah, sounds really, really appetising right enough......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glen25

For the first time in ages, I had a salad burger (lettuce, cheese, chilli & garlic sauce, coleslaw etc) from Freda's in Baylough last night. It was REALLY disappointing. I remember she was always a bit tight with the toppings but it's gotten worse. The burger itself was paper thin. About half the size of a McDonald's burger if that's possible! Won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭In the wind

Used to love Chips with everything from the diner opposite the RTC back in the old days? Yum!

Used to love Chips with everything from the diner opposite the RTC back in the old days? Yum!

And a game of wwf royal rumble while you waited .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

It's a real shame there's no decent Indians in Athlone! Totally agree.
    to many cowboys in athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

We seriously need a ****ing japanese place in town. I hate having to go to galway or dublin for good japanese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

We seriously need a ****ing japanese place in town. I hate having to go to galway or dublin for good japanese food.

We've gotten on fine without one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

We've gotten on fine without one so far.

We have also gotten on well without hover cars and robot servants but it doesnt stop people wanting them. Besides it just means people probably dont know what theyre missing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jaybopper

Pizza Kebabish - Since Just-Eat won't allow me to leave a review....:

A) I'm pretty sure they are diluting their garlic sauce with vinegar

B) Twice they burned me for the can of Coke. Second time I made sure to check before closing the door, the delivery guy theatrically checked the car for the can of Coke, said he forgot it and that he would come back with it, never saw him again and won't either because I'm never ordering from there again...

I couldn't give a **** about the can of Coke, just don't treat me like an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Hardly worth bringing an old thread back to life to bitch about your bad experience. Did you let the business concerned know of your grievances?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jaybopper

badker wrote: »
    Hardly worth bringing an old thread back to life to bitch about your bad experience. Did you let the business concerned know of your grievances?

I don't see why the date matters. My post is relevant, current and I'm keeping the information in one place.

No the fact is if I had created a new thread you would have tried to put me down by saying that it was a duplicate.

To answer your question though, no, I did not speak to the restaurant. If I thought it was simply an innocent oversight (both times) I might have but it very much felt like a premeditated FU.

The idea that it might be the driver acting alone would make me want to tell the restaurant but point A just makes it feel "organisation-wide". Of course it's possible I'm just paranoid :)

badker wrote: »

Why on earth not if his post is relevant to the subject of the thread ? (Which it is) - We need all the posts we can get on here to keep the forum worth bothering to look at occasionally....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I tried the hungry monk beside Super Value in Monksland there last week and thought it was really decent, nicest Chinese I've had from Athlone in a good while. Their menu is a little confusing but it was very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Jaybopper wrote: »
    Pizza Kebabish - Since Just-Eat won't allow me to leave a review....:

A) I'm pretty sure they are diluting their garlic sauce with vinegar

B) Twice they burned me for the can of Coke. Second time I made sure to check before closing the door, the delivery guy theatrically checked the car for the can of Coke, said he forgot it and that he would come back with it, never saw him again and won't either because I'm never ordering from there again...

I couldn't give a **** about the can of Coke, just don't treat me like an idiot.

Never had a bad experience there. The original and best guy who use to have it now runs al lkebabish in moate. Quality. But poppadum/pizza kebabish is still delish. Best Chilli sauce in town.

• Advertisement

Their menu is a little confusing but it was very nice

What did the food taste like ? .:)

Kebab House (or whatever it's called now) on pearse St does a lovely chicken tikka masala. .and their naan bread is lovely

Kebab House (or whatever it's called now) on pearse St does a lovely chicken tikka masala. .and their naan bread is lovely

I'm more into the Tandoori Stuff - Do any of the Indian takeaways in town have a tandoori oven and produce edible tandoori cuisine ? The last time I ordered one in town it was dire.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Had Bethlehem for the first time there in a good while last night. Thought it was really good.

They have an offer for €10 for a 16" pizza, chips and two sauces, I dont know if just suits what me and the OH would normally order but this is serious value. They allowed me to do half one pizza and half another (one half Hot& Spicy and one half Bethlehem special). So comfortably feeding two people with some pizza left over for €5 each

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭In the wind

Hmmmm Bethleheeeem chips!!:D

I tried the hungry monk beside Super Value in Monksland there last week and thought it was really decent, nicest Chinese I've had from Athlone in a good while. Their menu is a little confusing but it was very nice

The Hungry Monk ? - That's a very strange name for a Chinese restaurant....... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Long Gone wrote: »
    The Hungry Monk ? - That's a very strange name for a Chinese restaurant....... :confused:

Area called monksland and customers come in hungry. Works for me.

Had an alfredos for the first time in ages at the weekend....They are still up there with the best...remember when they opened years ago ..They were the only game in town for decent fast food

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Had an alfredos for the first time in ages at the weekend....They are still up there with the best...remember when they opened years ago ..They were the only game in town for decent fast food
    Oh I haven't had Alfredos in years, then again it feels like years since I was out in Athlone! I kissed my now husband for the first time outside Alfredos!!

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Oh I haven't had Alfredos in years, then again it feels like years since I was out in Athlone! I kissed my now husband for the first time outside Alfredos!!

Over a curry chips and cheese and 3 battered sausages ??

Advertisement