Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Carriage Darts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Biffo The Bare

The very same things you said in your post was happening last Friday evening during the BH weekend. Before I was approaching Tara Street station; a commuter train left the station was a 6 carriage ICR. The train was spotted crossing the bridge as I was walking along Burgh Quay to get my train home that evening. I thought to myself "What a huge waste for IE" as I thought it's fleet management process is still flawed to a great degree.

Just a few minutes later; a DART to Howth arrived at platform 1 which I assume was the 18:45 train from Bray which arrived sometime before 19:30. The 2 carriage train was full to the brink as it arrived; stopping at the very top end of the platform which meant all the passengers that had to sit down at the lower end had to walk all the way up the platform only having to realise it was completely packed.

I know that it is usually the norm with a lot of DART trains now but do you think that IE would stop this nonsensical practice in this day and age as lot of passengers do see it as a great inconvenience after getting home from a hard day at work.

The DART I got home to Greystones was a four carriage. The next DART I had seen at Grand Canal Dock was a 4 or a 6 carriage train to Malahide in which all of them were the original LHB carriages.

As somebody said earlier, as you wade through the apologists postings:pac:
    It has got to be some kind of mass work to rule.
    "Varadkar wants us to cut costs, let us cut costs and let the commuters know we are cutting costs."
    There can be no other explanation for 2 carriage darts at peak time and empty 4 carriage and 6 carriage darts late into the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

As somebody said earlier, as you wade through the apologists postings:pac:
    It has got to be some kind of mass work to rule.
    "Varadkar wants us to cut costs, let us cut costs and let the commuters know we are cutting costs."
    There can be no other explanation for 2 carriage darts at peak time and empty 4 carriage and 6 carriage darts late into the evening.
    Yeah, Its like a brain fart Brendan Ogle would come up with.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The point, which I don't necessarily agree with, is did everyone manage to get on the train?

That would be the same train if it wasn't short formed people would be saying why is there a 6 car DART running empty from Howth to Bray at 8.30pm at night?

The luas runs packed to the gills throughout the early evening from St. Stephens Green and there is never a word mentioned.

Also my experience of these trains is that they are full leaving Connolly, but 4 minutes later there is space after Clontarf Road.

I am not sure about southbound loadings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The point, which I don't necessarily agree with, is did everyone manage to get on the train?

That would be the same train if it wasn't short formed people would be saying why is there a 6 car DART running empty from Howth to Bray at 8.30pm at night?

The luas runs packed to the gills throughout the early evening from St. Stephens Green and there is never a word mentioned.

Also my experience of these trains is that they are full leaving Connolly, but 4 minutes later there is space after Clontarf Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

bikeman1 wrote: »

i suppose the reason why people don't complain about luas is because they know its 2 cars at all times and its very frequent, if dart was as frequent as luas 2 cars may not be, or at least not as much of an issue but i could be wrong

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MGWR

i suppose the reason why people don't complain about luas is because they know its 2 cars at all times and its very frequent, if dart was as frequent as luas 2 cars may not be, or at least not as much of an issue but i could be wrong
    I'd say that people complain but get ignored.

Advertisement