Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic training Ukranian national gaurd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Fantom wrote: »
    Sure !
    If big Dada say's yes that vote was fake, no doubt about. People are nothing.
    But we have a few families friends there who is very happy to see this changes.
    This is a fact.

If I said the sun would rise in the east & set in the west would you argue against it?

It is so statistically improbable as to be impossible to get any national legislative vote into that kind of result range without seriously cooking the books. Even allowing for accidental spoilage you can't get that sort of result. That is regardless of nationality or who you call president/prime minister/premier/dear leader/whatever.

As for your questions about the Crimean vote being false; yes Russian officials accidentally released statistics that showed the vote breakdown; with numbers that did not add up (indeed they over added ....*cough* ). When the wider world latched onto the statistcs, they were quickly removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fantom

Lemming wrote: »
    As for your questions about the Crimean vote being false; yes Russian officials accidentally released statistics that showed the vote breakdown; with numbers that did not add up (indeed they over added ....*cough* ). When the wider world latched onto the statistcs, they were quickly removed.
    Maybe I have not see this fact. Would you mind to send me a link?

Sure if vote for Crimea was faked, than we should see at least few thousand protesters.
    Can you see it on TV? Have you not see people celebrating in dependency?
    And no protests at all

Why don't you stop Scottish Referendum? Catalonia too?
    Why don't you call them separatists?
    Why not consider to give North back to Ireland?

Crimea was always Russia till 1954 and people who lives there too
    Pretty much same as North Ireland, except Crimea got back to Russia

Now people can make a choice of what Citizenship you'll be picking up.
    No one asked people if they have to drop Ukrainian Citizenship or to leave Crimea.
    They are all happy to live there.

Its your just simple answer to label some one as pro Russians (Putinst), Pro Americans, Pro British
    Presume you happy to see this fight, but we are Ukrainians and Russians still friends and families except, those who looking for free launch from US-EU (credits)

I'm surprised how media can turn upside down every thing and make some one to believe in that without real facts

I have my own business for last 20 years and I analysed a long time ago, Limited information can destroy some one view on business too.
    Especially get people to believe in things as wrong economy, Celtic Tiger, property boom, etc.
    People just fallowing like blind this info and buying apartment abroad, property etc. and they suddenly start realise what I'm doing till notice it as fault.

If I said the sun would rise in the east & set in the west would you argue against it?
    What is your main blame to Russia? Crimea?

Would you consider North going back to Irish?
    If I said historically North of Ireland was Ireland, would you argue against it?

Or its a bit different story? and its pretty much clear for you Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom?

How would you label The Real Irish Republican Army?
    Separatists? or Paramilitary organisation?

Would be interesting to get your view on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Right. Well, sorry to burst your trying-to-be-clever bubble, but I'm Irish. I just happen to live in the UK.

Right. Well, sorry to burst your trying-to-be-clever bubble, but I'm Irish. I just happen to live in the UK, so that's my "view on it". Sorry.

I knew you are. That was the reason I have asked u question
    You did not answer me. Will repeat it

"How would you label The Real Irish Republican Army
    Separatists? or Paramilitary organisation?"

Where were you at that time? When Ireland started army camping in County Meath?
    person who's obviously knows what is human rights & and how to protect your Country independence.

Sorry for being straight forward to you.
    Presume its much easy to be brave and sarcastic, while you hiding behind some one's back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,756 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

War is not between Ukraine and Russia. He can be in trouble even far away from Russian border, like people in Odessa. Unless he support West.

The war is between South East and West of Ukraine.
    South East is would be mainly Russian & Russian speaking
    West would support a new Government while South East are not. They refuse last President election

More than 35 people were killed (they call them Rebels) the battle for the airport, as Ukrainian forces launched helicopter attacks.
    I have no idea why you quoted me & posted this, but as a point of clarification - there is no war in Ukraine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Presume its much easy to be brave and sarcastic, while you hiding behind some one's back

[Mod]OK, Fantom. I realize that English is likely not your primary language, so I'm giving you a bit of slack, but I've been looking over your posts in general on the various threads, and I think you need to take a look at how aggressive you're coming across. Not everyone is a US puppet, I suggest you stop treating them as such. Insults like the above are unwarranted and not welcome here.

Please try to avoid expanding a topic beyond the purpose of a thread: This thread is about he level of military training the Ukrainian forces have, not whether or not the "Crimean Militia" (Or whatever) are terrorists or freedom fighters.[/Mod]

[Mod]OK, Fantom. I realize that English is likely not your primary language, so I'm giving you a bit of slack[/Mod]

I remember in the 90-95s the Irish expat community in Moscow. I think it was over 2000 members.
    I knew many Irish people that time, include those who set up bars such as Shamrock, Rosie O’Gradys, Sally O’Briens and Silvers, supermarkets and even D.I.Y. , Aer Rianta

As far I remember 95% of them did not speak any Russian at all.
    Except Seamus Martin (Irish Time) He was the only one as far I remember good Russian speaking.

However every year the St Patrick parade was attended by thousands Russians and no one point any Irish person for this language issue's.
    Moscow is no exception to this global rule there are many languages on this planet.

Sorry Manic Moran
    I did not pay attention there are certain language rules applied on this forum.
    My apologies for being not native English speaking & my grammar mistakes.
    You can ban me for it.

Sorry if I insult any one. Was trying not to.

T.S. My biggest apologies to you, for changing the main subject of this tread.
    "Putinist" now leaving this conversation)))

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Fandom, it's nothing to do with language rules. We are quite pleased to have foreigners contribute, it's always nice to have differing opinions. I just don't think you understand, culturally and linguistically how you're coming across. I'm not going to ban you for not being fluent in English, I'm just asking that you take a little extra effort before you hit "post" to make sure that the post does not come across as aggressive or off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Akimini

Hi. Here is a link from Ukraine news site about "training" of "national guard" (a la - "right sector"). I think you can use chrome to translate it.

telegraf.com.ua/ukraina/obshhestvo/1311012-semenchenko-raskritikoval-pravyiy-sektor.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

You have to remember this first of all

The late Soviet Armed Forces were manned by mandatory draft (with some exceptions) for all able-bodied males for 2 years (3 years in the Navy), based on a 1967 law. A bi-annual call-up in spring and fall was introduced then, replacing the annual draft in fall. The conscripts were normally sent to serve far away from their place of residence.

Men were subject to draft at the age of 18. The draft could be postponed due to continued education.

"Most universities had an obligatory Military Chair which were in charge of military training of all able-bodied male students to become reserve officers of a particular military specialty depending on the university"

You can't leave the military unit for 2-3 years while you in Army.
    can't have a pint or any alcohol,
    smoke a few times a day (if u allowed),
    no visitors, no mobile phones etc.
    Have to get up at 6 am, run a few miles every day.
    after breakfast will be a full day training.
    free time between 7 pm and 9 pm only
    10 pm to the bed strictly.

Its a bit different compare to Army here in Ireland.
    Therefore 95% of them already have been trained for.

Sounds a lot like my training. If they maintain this routine for 2-3 years your not going to have better soldiers your going to have soldiers with low moral and little regard for the military, especially if they were conscripted.

c-90 wrote: »
    Sounds a lot like my training. If they maintain this routine for 2-3 years your not going to have better soldiers your going to have soldiers with low moral and little regard for the military, especially if they were conscripted.

The main point of my answer was % of army trained male proportion, but not who is the best.
    Can be same. I don't really into what is going on in Irish Army
    I did not say we are all heroes while others are not.
    Most probably all depends on the nature of human and endurance.
    Some are good in real box, some are good in chat boxing

What I obviously know its Russian soldier duty.
    They can be very wide, while you serve in army. It can be anything like:

control of the tank, armored troop-carrier, parachute jumps, military diving,
    monitoring or manage rocket radar-tracking systems, and many more other things.

Regarding low morals:
    Personally I did not get it while I was there to be honest Maybe there was no time to think of it. Definitely it helped me to mature and helps me in my life.
    I think discipline is the most important if you serve in army. I can't really see how you going to get it, if you can go home while you in army.
    Except of course officers as they into that game for the whole life.

Most probably some people, may take it again as propaganda or quote me as Soviet.
    I don't really want to discuss this thread any more.
    This will only develop more sarcasm.

If you really interested about it, get some more links like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=2CYVw4dne-0

youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-5AzN9afg

youtube.com/watch?v=XVi1iZvvERU

youtube.com/watch?v=b0DQ_7TJpmk

Regards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

The main point of my answer was % of army trained male proportion, but not who is the best.
    Can be same. I don't really into what is going on in Irish Army
    I did not say we are all heroes while others are not.
    Most probably all depends on the nature of human and endurance.
    Some are good in real box, some are good in chat boxing

What I obviously know its Russian soldier duty.
    They can be very wide, while you serve in army. It can be anything like:

control of the tank, armored troop-carrier, parachute jumps, military diving,
    monitoring or manage rocket radar-tracking systems, and many more other things.

Regarding low morals:
    Personally I did not get it while I was there to be honest Maybe there was no time to think of it. Definitely it helped me to mature and helps me in my life.
    I think discipline is the most important if you serve in army. I can't really see how you going to get it, if you can go home while you in army.
    Except of course officers as they into that game for the whole life.

Most probably some people, may take it again as propaganda or quote me as Soviet.
    I don't really want to discuss this thread any more.
    This will only develop more sarcasm.

If you really interested about it, get some more links like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=2CYVw4dne-0

youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-5AzN9afg

youtube.com/watch?v=XVi1iZvvERU

youtube.com/watch?v=b0DQ_7TJpmk

Regards

Well said squadie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Xios wrote: »

This video about exact same what I was trying to say.
    Nothing to do with Russia.
    He is saying they will never accept Nazi's in South East of Ukraine and theirs rules, even if they all die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Advertisement