Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

All the best Eamonn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

jon1981 wrote: »
    There is a long long longgggggg thread on this event. Search for it. Short answer and for many reasons no they can't take part if not registered. Fundamentally this is a charity event, it should be respected by those who had no interest in registering or contributing to the charities. Those ppl are free to cycle it the other 364 days of the year.
    if you live in Kilorglin and it's a nice day can you cycle to the beach in Glenbeigh or do you hafta go to Inch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

If I do it anti clockwise, will I avoid all the climbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

I'm going to register for it next year. I plan on doing absolutely no training due to work commitments, an awful dose of the flu in June 2016 and a funny noise coming out of the thing the pedals are attached to. However I will go on to an internet forum the week before the event and look for tips on getting round the 170km

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

I'm going to register for it next year. I plan on doing absolutely no training due to work commitments, an awful dose of the flu in June 2016 and a funny noise coming out of the thing the pedals are attached to. However I will go on to an internet forum the week before the event and look for tips on getting round the 170km

So long as you are willing to ignore a handful of bog standard random internet **** you'll get good information.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    If I do it anti clockwise, will I avoid all the climbs?

You will but you wont avoid the tour de france lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

you'll be grand, so long as you take 16 gels, 4 bananas, 3 sandwiches and several slices of fruit cake, having had a nutritious breakfast before starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

My training buddy Rog said don't leave it too late so I booked a hotel room in Killarney through trivago. Only €599 b&b per person sharing and they'll let you lock your Giant to the leg of a jaunting pony in a stable out the back at no extra charge. Leinster Heino cup DVDs in the residents lounge too. Coolabula.

5% discount with the code #websummithipsterwanker

Eamonnator wrote: »
    you'll be grand, so long as you take 16 gels, 4 bananas, 3 sandwiches and several slices of fruit cake, having had a nutritious breakfast before starting.

16 gels would only get you to Cahersiveen. The two big climbs one would need to consume 12 on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

if you live in Kilorglin and it's a nice day can you cycle to the beach in Glenbeigh or do you hafta go to Inch?

8 miles out to glenbeigh. come home by caragh lake if your feeling strong. great country !

• Advertisement
Advertisement