Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses magazine

Options
  • 20-05-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭

Is there ever any features relating to buses in Ireland? It's nearly all UK related but the few times I have picked it up, I've seen Hong Kong and Malta.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

Well in fairness its a UK magazine. This month there's photo's from Cultra. And every month there's the Irish news page at the back. Could be that they just don't get articles sent in?

From what I can gather neither Dublin Bus or Bus Eireann are that keen on taking part in articles. The coverage of Malta and Hong Kong is due to the large number of British built vehicles that operate there - Hong Kong- and in terms of Malta the old Maltese buses were mainly ex UK, and until recently Arriva (one of the biggest UK operators now owned by German state railway operator DB) ran Malta's bus network.

Try contacting them and suggesting some articles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Csalem

There is an article on Lough Swilly in the next issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

There's also Coach & Bus Week which is very good, more of an industry magazine but very good. £2.95 per issue. I normally get mine in WH Smiths but can be ordered direct from them

http://coachandbusweek.com/

Advertisement