Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark IVs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭bikeman1

is it a waste of money though? sure, you and me won't benefit from it but with the trains getting shorter meaning more standing they could be beneficial to some, maybe your right and it is a waste, i don't know

Sure I can hardly move on some DARTs in the evening let alone grab some silly straps dangling from the roof!

I and others I'm sure would rather a couple of extra carriages!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

bikeman1 wrote: »
    I and others I'm sure would rather a couple of extra carriages!

well no worries, IE have carriges coming out of their ears if only they would use them

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

davidlacey wrote: »
    They chopped some in cork yard last week, correct, the ones in mallow rumour has it maybe overhauled

The ones on the siding near the water tower near the bridge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

bikeman1 wrote: »
    I read the other day that €500,000 is to be spent on putting straps on the DART for passengers to hold on to. Now I use the DART everyday for getting in and out to work for the last 7 years and I have never found the need for such things. More money wasted.

Are they going to be the same types of straps that are being used on the Luas? Are they used regularly by Luas passengers at all?

To pay €500k for those alone is a scandalous waste of money from IE. I'll bet now that the passengers won't have much opportunities to use them when they come around because they may not get much room when moving within a cramped DART while on their commute or some other occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

To pay €500k for those alone is a scandalous waste of money from IE. I'll bet now that the passengers won't have much opportunities to use them when they come around because they may not get much room when moving within a cramped DART while on their commute or some other occasion.

It isn't IE's money, I'm sure its what the NTA came up with that sum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

One wonders is this how the term 'cashstrapped' came about ?

Advertisement