Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bus Builds

Options
  • 16-05-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭

I am starting his thread for new buses on the road being manufactured by companies like ADL and Volvo etc (or any by other company in particular).

I came across this bus in an article from the latest edition of Buses Magazine.

The New ADL E400 with the Euro 6 Engine > http://www.alexander-dennis.com/wp-content/files_mf/1398944137NewEnviro400brochure.pdf

My opinions on it are that is not a bad look on the exterior side of things. ADL are selling two versions of this build rather than one. ADL say that they have 200 improvements to this particular model in which there has to be some marked improvements from the EV's that Dublin Bus have because IMO they are awful when sitting in it's lower deck especially when around the middle near the back.

I was in the 07 version a few months ago on the 7 from Dun Laoghaire to Temple Hill sitting on the high seats in the middle of the lower deck. Because I was carrying heavy bags of groceries coming home from Tesco, I was having to grasp the crossbar on the lower seat in front of me because if I didn't, I would have fallen off the seat with two ladies sitting in the seat front of me. That would have been such an embarrassing incident for me to handle.

In fairness to the bus driver, he was going at a steady pace alright as he wasn't going too fast so that was the good thing about it all.

Going back on topic.

What other new makes of Buses have taken your fancy in regards to the manufacturer and it came from? It could be anywhere in the world as well as being from Europe.

Comments

Advertisement