Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I thought FC3 was great. Vaas and Buck were two of my favourite game villains ever.

I'll provably pick this up. Hopefully it's as good, if not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Online coop campaign is what I want
    And what is needed in farcry .

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

I really loved Far Cry 3 but stopped playing and then just never got back into it again, if I was to install it again on my laptop could I just transfer over my save game?

Never played Blood Dragon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Loved FC3. Except the ending...
    But everything beforehand was just epic. Best game I've played in a long while and it's been creeping back into my mind for the past two weeks to re-install and play again. I think this announcement might just force me to do it :P

Never tried Blood Dragon. Is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Excellent :D

Im gonna buy this on day one rather than wait for it to drop to less than 30.

Now all we need is Fallout 4. Say we hear something by E3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hope they include a map editor again,the one in 3 was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Noxin wrote: »
    Loved FC3. Except the ending...
    But everything beforehand was just epic. Best game I've played in a long while and it's been creeping back into my mind for the past two weeks to re-install and play again. I think this announcement might just force me to do it :P

Never tried Blood Dragon. Is it any use?

Yeah, only trophies I'm missing are the co-op ones, tempted to give it another lash.

I think the majority will say Blood Dragon is even better than FC3 but I don't think so at all. Yeah it's really funny and has the best riding scene in any game :pac: but it became a very generic run n gun to the end. I didn't bother hunting or side missions at all. The jungle was brilliant in FC3 and even though all the neon was class in BD, the constant night time setting made it look a lot worse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved Far Cry 3, though i did find myself getting bored at one stage. I found myself clearing all the bases and outposts the exact same way (full stealth), which was great fun at first, but got boring after a while, and after a few of them I just couldn't be arsed. Once i decided to vary things up, i really got sucked in.

Didn't mind the main character, but his friends were pretty annoying. Vaas was excellent though, and i really liked the weird boss fights.

Going to give it another go on the pc with some mods i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think 3 would have been fairly generic if not for Vaas (imo). Thought the game took a sizable dip once he was out of the picture

doubt they'll be able to repeat his performance, so Im only cautiously optimistic for fc4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so I guess I'm the only one who preferred Vaas's boss?

near the end
    where you're trying to fool him with the german(?) commando spy fella, sitting around a table and the boss just up and stabs the german in the throat and screams in your face "HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK I AM?!" and just stares at you for a couple of seconds. It was just so...."real". Vaas was always a cartoon character but hoyt was menacing.

found it on YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlK8lWa5ZZ8 11m18s

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I liked Hoyt, but i preferred Vaas for how over the top he was. The definition of insanity speech was great, with the guy in the background bring thrown down the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I thought the 3rd one was great till about half-way and fought the crazy lad then i was super bored for the rest of the game. I'll not gush until i see some gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Loved Far Cry 3. Did from the intro which I thought was really well done.
    First game platinumed (ok it wasn't hard to do)
    Was frustrated getting some of the relics. There's one in a cliff face under a town that had me stumped for ages as a) couldn't find it and b) when I did couldn't work out how to get to it.

via The Gaming Liberty

10269392_10154153544440694_2311316064629002584_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Loved Far Cry 3. Did from the intro which I thought was really well done.
    First game platinumed (ok it wasn't hard to do)
    Was frustrated getting some of the relics. There's one in a cliff face under a town that had me stumped for ages as a) couldn't find it and b) when I did couldn't work out how to get to it.

Maybe it's too late now, but there was one that needed access from a ladder beside one of the small shacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wasnt a fan of blood dragon myself.

I wonder was a part of that fatigue with the game maybe?

I gave it a good 9 months between finishing FC3 and starting Blood Dragon.

FC3 was a game where you needed to push yourself to enjoy it.
    There's no point having all these abilities and then just creeping around every camp and killing all the guards with arrows.

It reminded me of Sleeping Dogs in how it rewarded being able to react by using a pretty extensive set of abilities.

I always found the most fun was to find one weak point (a guard with their back turned), go for him and just wing it after that - if reinforcements are called, even better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gbear wrote: »
    I wonder was a part of that fatigue with the game maybe?

I gave it a good 9 months between finishing FC3 and starting Blood Dragon.

FC3 was a game where you needed to push yourself to enjoy it.
    There's no point having all these abilities and then just creeping around every camp and killing all the guards with arrows.

It reminded me of Sleeping Dogs in how it rewarded being able to react by using a pretty extensive set of abilities.

I always found the most fun was to find one weak point (a guard with their back turned), go for him and just wing it after that - if reinforcements are called, even better.

Could very well have been,I finished fc 3 last july and flew straight into BD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

If this is set in the Himalayas, there better be a yeti boss. :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pre-ordered this. Haven't done that with a game in years. Saw it on amazon when looking for Wolfenstein and it said "Preorder now and get bonus something something something" WANT!
    Ubisoft will probably go bust or make a hames of this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Far Cry 4 synopsis leaks, revealing characters and plot, not gonna quote it as it has very minor spoilers but you can read it here http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/05/20/far-cry-4-synopsis-leaks-revealing-characters-and-plot?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Dair. wrote: »
    If this is set in the Himalayas, there better be a yeti boss. :mad:

Collect 10 yeti scrotums to make a grenade pouch :D

I think we need a bit more clarity on the exact details of it, but if your friends buys Far Cry 4 on the PS4 then you can play it for free.

Collect 10 yeti scrotums to make a grenade pouch :D

:eek:
    Xenji wrote: »
    I think we need a bit more clarity on the exact details of it, but if your friends buys Far Cry 4 on the PS4 then you can play it for free.

I assume there'll only be a couple of situations in the game where Hurk (or whatever his name was) will turn up to help in his gyrocopter.

Far Cry 4 Blood Dragon isn't out of the question, says Ubisoft
    Whatever we choose to do with the smaller spin-off projects, I think we've now decided it's good for everybody, for the fans and for us, to do something outlandish. We haven't decided yet but I'm sure you'll be surprised.

Here's how Far Cry 4 co-op works if you don't have the game.
    Ubisoft explains the PS4-exclusive feature.

Far Cry 4's co-op is available to people who don't own Far Cry 4. How is this possible, you ask? It starts with a client.

Like the 3DS's download play, PS4 users without Far Cry 4 will be able to download a separate app that allows them to be invited into their friends' Far Cry 4 games.

It's going to be a colossal app, since it will contain all of the game's content sans its story-based missions - which are the only content available exclusively in single-player.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-12-heres-how-far-cry-4-co-op-works-if-you-dont-have-the-game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xenji wrote: »

I would hope that as the co-op package contains a lot of what makes up FC4, when a player decides to then purchase the game, it is just a case of downloading the remaining data and installing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Whoah, I didn't know you could ride the elephants! Sign me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cant wait for this. a day one purchase for me.

Advertisement