Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

00 Flour

Looking to make some pizza bases and want 00 flour to do them. Have tried supervalue, tesco, lid aldi and nine seem to stock.anynideas where I can get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Crops up every so often but apart from Joyce's in Doughiska where else can you find coin machines that take coins for a fee? It's generally around 10%

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Faze11 wrote: »
    00 Flour

Looking to make some pizza bases and want 00 flour to do them. Have tried supervalue, tesco, lid aldi and nine seem to stock.anynideas where I can get this?

SuperValu should have it. La Napoletana Pizza flour. But they are sneaky and don't have it with the rest of the flour. It's with the Italian stuff. You can also get Doves Farm Pizza Flour in Evergreens.
    McCambridge's and Morton's of Galway may be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Feria40 wrote: »
    Crops up every so often but apart from Joyce's in Doughiska where else can you find coin machines that take coins for a fee? It's generally around 10%

TIA

Tesco in GSC have had a coinstar machine for years at the rear of the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Feria40 wrote: »

TIA
    Joyce's in Knocnacarra have one by the tills.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Looking for passport photos for a US passport holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Looking for passport photos for a US passport holder.

Could you try taking them yourself? We did photos ourselves on a GSLR camera for the US passports. Then had them printed on the machines at the chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

my sister recently got married and I was hoping to buy herself and her husband one of those family crest plaques , I see plenty of sites online but Id prefer go into a store in Galway and see the quality

anyone one recommend a gift store of perhaps a jewellers in Galway who might craft such a gift ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    my sister recently got married and I was hoping to buy herself and her husband one of those family crest plaques , I see plenty of sites online but Id prefer go into a store in Galway and see the quality

anyone one recommend a gift store of perhaps a jewellers in Galway who might craft such a gift ?
    Not sure but maybe try Galway Trophy Centre on Domnick Street. They can probably point you in the right direction if they don't do them
    https://galwaytrophycentre.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Could you try taking them yourself? We did photos ourselves on a GSLR camera for the US passports. Then had them printed on the machines at the chemist.

I guess I could try that. It's for our son. I know they are pretty strict on the pictures. When I renewed mine as a child, they didn't accept them and we were sent down the road to a chemist. Due to COVID-19, you have a strict appointment window at the embassy so hoping to get it right the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

zell12 wrote: »
    Dangan

Watch the current though and definitely do not swim alone.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I guess I could try that. It's for our son. I know they are pretty strict on the pictures. When I renewed mine as a child, they didn't accept them and we were sent down the road to a chemist. Due to COVID-19, you have a strict appointment window at the embassy so hoping to get it right the first time.

We've done the kids' ones ourselves, too. For very little kids I think it's easier to take the picture at home because you can just do it when they're in a good mood rather than going out to get them done and when you get there child is cranky/won't sit still etc. But you have to have a white/pale wall you can use as the background. You should be able to crop it on your computer or even your phone if you have one with a decent camera. There's info on sizing here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/photo-composition-template.html

And if you don't want to do the sizing yourself this website says they will help you get the format correct (for a fee): https://www.123passportphoto.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

where would i find heavy duty bubble wrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Mad_maxx wrote:

Tower in Eyre square shopping center across from xl newsagents

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Carabay Packaging in Liosbaun Ind Est?

You could try Barons (storage.ie)?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anyone ever see a similar scale & polish dental deal in Galway? Cheapest I've seen is €50
    This dublin groupon offers it for €35
    https://www.groupon.ie/deals/pd-dental-2

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Anyone know where I can find frozen acai in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Caulfield Industrials Oranmore shop. Don't have it in the Tuam rd one

Anyone know where I can find frozen acai in Galway?

Brazilian shop on Prospect Hill, right across the road from the County Council offices

• Advertisement

Brazilian shop on Prospect Hill, right across the road from the County Council offices

Amazing, thank you, I'll check it out!

Recently bought a pizza oven fueled with wood pellets. Any idea where to source these for cooking in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

Recently bought a pizza oven fueled with wood pellets. Any idea where to source these for cooking in Galway

I've seen a lot of people recommend Staffords wood pellets from Woodies as they have no glue/binders in them. I haven't tried them yet though as I bought a few bags of pellets online from A Room Outside

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I've only bought firewood from Eco Fuel but I know they do Wood Pellets too.

They're the most professional solid fuel operator around so I'd imagine the quality is good. No idea how the price compares but these guys wouldn't be the cheapest normally, as a rule.

aw wrote: »
    I've only bought firewood from Eco Fuel but I know they do Wood Pellets too.

They're the most professional solid fuel operator around so I'd imagine the quality is good. No idea how the price compares but these guys wouldn't be the cheapest normally, as a rule.

Got these from them, thanks. Asked for pellets for pizza oven and they said these will do. Nothing about food safe on packaging but I'm sure they are grand.

Is there any pub that has a screen in their outside area showing Euros games?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Try the pucan, don't know if rabbites has reopened but that would be the only other option I'd be sure has outdoor screens..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Ps4 wireless controller. Argos, Smyths, currys, did all out of stock.
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

dinneenp wrote: »
    Ps4 wireless controller. Argos, Smyths, currys, did all out of stock.
    Thanks
    Pa

Harvey Norman?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/ps4/ps4-accessories/sony-ps4-snakebyte-gamepad-4-s-wireless-controller-grey.html

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭ratracer

Taylors

Advertisement