Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Advice (CE4 not firing)

Options
  • 14-05-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭

Hi Boardsies,

I am a user of a eGo CE4 bought in Kix (never from there again), and I've had it for around four months now. I have been using it daily, and I am a moderate vaper, using the standard CE4 clearomiser on it, and in the past month the iClear 30.

However, I have noticed that my e-cig is no longer 'firing' instantly, despite being fully charged. It is as if I need to hold it a few times to get going. I spoke to some stores and they stated that the battery is probably on the way out.

I am fairly skint, but I want to continue going along with vaping. From looking at batteries in Purple Box (Steve is a legend), SmokeDifferent (again, very friendly guys), and Healthier Smoker (Rathmines), I am considering upgrading slightly for a variable voltage (or the 'twist' batteries, if you get me), but some places suggest that they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

From looking at my general usage habits, what would people advise? I would LOVE to jump to the fantastic kit on sale in SmokeDifferent that merely uses a replacement battery, but there's no way that I could afford that. Is there anything else I should be looking out for? I just need the battery, good size, very good power options, and as long lasting (in terms of life-span) as possible?

I've done a good bit of searching in the forums and on the web, but there are so many conflicting opinions and whatnot that I find it hard to narrow down my needs. Hence, I turn to the lovely people here to (kindly) ask for advice. Please don't bite!

Thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

The MVP2 is a high powered batterie that allows you vv and vw among many other things http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/339-itaste-mvp-v20-vv-vw-kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks for that, masonchat.

However, that is out of my budget. It's a big jump.

Thanks for that, masonchat.

However, that is out of my budget. It's a big jump.

900MAH ego-c vv is gonna cost you 20euro , the mechanicals are good but you have to get the device , spare batteries, charger , a kick if the device is not regulated ?

Battery wise given what you have said you are lookin at ego style batteries the price can vary abit depending on brand weather vv so on but again given what you said i.e reliable vv good battery 900mah or higher is 20euro

the mvp2 is a jump but a jump worth takin imo , i know money is tight but some times you gotta spend to save, having said alll that i found the 900mah ego-c twist good also

OR buy from fasttech the wait can be a killer though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is €29 within budget?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/387-innokin-itaste-vv-v30-vv-vw-simple-kit.html

I've had one for nine months and despite having other shinier toys, regularly use it.

Use irishvape as the discount code and get10% off.

I understand, thank you.

How do these compare to the devices (the name has slipped my mind) that requires the external battery?
    I know SmokeDifferent sell it, but it doesn't seem to be on their website. The device uses a battery like this, which you charge in something like this. Basically, if it gives up the ghost, you only need to replace the battery, which is a few quid only.

I am really keen on the idea of a variable voltage as it seems to be a step in the right direction. If I'm someone who only uses Menthol (and doesn't dabble with many flavours) am I wasting my time?

I really appreciate the assistance that you are giving me. :)

Thanks for that. It looks more in budget, and might suit my needs. Is the other one far superior?
    This looks very nice. I assume no bricks and mortar stores stock it?

• Advertisement

You're talking about a mod.

You will need to spend north of €30 for a decent one, plus another 30 on batteries and charger.

The one I linked to is the little brother of the MVP, Not sure if any b&m shops do it.

Oh, right. Mods are with the assorted bits and pieces. This is obviously a major step up.

Oh, right. Mods are with the assorted bits and pieces. This is obviously a major step up.

Getting a mod is the first step down a very slippery slope to spending lots of money!

You can build up to a mod over time. If you get the itaste, then you will probably get a protank next, or an aspire vivi nova. These will also go nicely on a mod. Keep an eye on here for people flogging their old ones.

E-smokeireland.eu are in Palmerstown and you can collect from them.

Thanks for that. I might give the $29 one a look and buy it. Sure, I paid €35 for the CE4 from the chancers in Kix.
    It would be handy in Dublin to buy, but isn't the case.

• Advertisement

Mods are great once you are going but there is a start up cost , charger , batteries , device itself but once you going then you really have less maintenance

Getting a mod is the first step down a very slippery slope to spending lots of money!

You can build up to a mod over time. If you get the itaste, then you will probably get a protank next, or an aspire vivi nova. These will also go nicely on a mod. Keep an eye on here for people flogging their old ones.

TRUE enough , i need a cure for my shinnyitis , not too bad of late though, i can see a shinnyitis support group one of these days :D

Great, thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it, and I'll probably jump for the VV 3.0. This is probably the best piece of kit for my price range.

I just don't want to find that I should have paid the extra twenty for the MVP. How long can I expect the life-span to be on these?

Great, thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it, and I'll probably jump for the VV 3.0. This is probably the best piece of kit for my price range.

I just don't want to find that I should have paid the extra twenty for the MVP. How long can I expect the life-span to be on these?

Mine is nine months old and still going strong.

I'm not that familiar with the MVP, but I think it is just a bigger version. The variable voltage and wattage are the same.

Variable wattage is great, once you set it, you don't change it. The gizmo detects the resistance of the clearo and adjust the voltage accordingly.

So is there a need for a variable voltage device?

So is there a need for a variable voltage device?

Think of it like this

Fixed--->vv--->vw and vv--->vw only.

On something like a vamo, a vtr, MVP I've no idea why they include it, other than the device needs to vary the voltage to get the correct watts. I've never used the vv mode though.

Mechanical mods (ones without a display) use a "kick" which sits on top of the battery and automatically adjusts the watts as the battery voltage drops as it is used. There is no way on these to adjust the voltage manually.

Thanks, Fratton Fred. So, my CE4 is a fixed voltage one, whereas the one you recommended will enable to me change the voltage and get a different strength when I'm out. For example, if I'm out on the beer I could crank it up to get more vapour and hit, and make it lower in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I'm not 100% sure but I think Rip Tripper said VV is still handy, especially when going up towards higher limits as the VW might not be as accurate - maybe as the coils deteriorate or clog or something. Only half remember it.

Thanks, Fratton Fred. So, my CE4 is a fixed voltage one, whereas the one you recommended will enable to me change the voltage and get a different strength when I'm out. For example, if I'm out on the beer I could crank it up to get more vapour and hit, and make it lower in the house?

The CE4 is the clearomiser.

Essentially, yes, but each liquid will have a sweet spot and will burn above this, or lose flavour below.

The sweet spot is based on the power (watts). Going through the coil. Power is based on the resistance of the coil and the voltage. Change coils to a different resistance and you need to find the sweet spot again by adjusting the voltage. A vw device does this for you

Tl:dr use itaste in VW mode, set to 7.5 or 8 watts, enjoy.

you should look at reviews of the devices on youtube , the ce4 is what holds your juice and it contains an atomizer that when you fire your battery that atomizer ( coil) heats up and vaporizes your liquid.

now depending what resistance atomizer you use i.e 1.8 or 2.5 you may want to increase the watts i find itdepends more on what omh resistance atomizer i am using, turning up the watts will give you warmer vapor and yes more vapor also

• Advertisement

snap get out of my head fratton lol

First time I've really looked at the MVP, is it ego threaded?

I'm rocking a 2.3Ω iClear 30 wick on my 1100mAh manual eGo (CE4 type) battery.
    I'm probably missing out on loads since I can't ramp things up to experience it?

First time I've really looked at the MVP, is it ego threaded?

ego and 510

I'm rocking a 2.3Ω iClear 30 wick on my 1100mAh manual eGo (CE4 type) battery.
    I'm probably missing out on loads since I can't ramp things up to experience it?

you could drop down to 1.8 omh id imagine 2.3omh on a regulated battery wouldnt exactly blow your socks off :D

Yeah, it doesn’t really do much, but the 2.3Ω was the only one I could find in a bricks and mortar store in Dublin. :)
    It was €2.50 from SmokeDifferent in Mary Mall. Very good value.

I can only imagine what it is like when I've a decent kit to use it on. :)

Update: my 1100ma battery was fully charged and ready to use. I have been puffing on it a bit and the usual few seconds, only it nearly always flashes/blinks 12 times. And, it's not as if I was vaping on it for over ten seconds at a time, it was like four seconds.

This indicates to me that something is wrong and I'll need to get a battery ASAP. Am I right?

Sounds like it , do you have another ce4 you could try on it just to check its not a short or something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I've got an MVP for what must be at least a year, probably closer to 2, and it still just keeps on chugging along. Very dependable and it'll last for a couple of days in one charge. You can also vape and charge at the same time. Great little bit of kit. No sign of mine packing in at all yet even after all this time.

• Advertisement

No, sadly I've only got one. One battery, one iClear 30. It's not like the power blinking, and it's not the discharged blinking, and it's hard to find information about it online.

Advertisement