Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legislation that governs the role of HCA Healthcare Assistant

Options
  • 13-05-2014 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

In the middle of assignment and have been trawling internet for the following info:

What is the legislation/policy/protocol that governs the role of a healthcare assistant in Ireland?

I've been on Hiqa website and HSE and I cannot find the answer.

Would anyone know?

Thanx in advance

Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Interesting question.

Usually professional bodies define the scope of practice and role of members, HCAs don't seem to have one (I could be wrong, but couldn't find any myself)

I did see that all HCAs are required to complete level 5 Fetac, this course is structured by Quality and Qualifications Ireland which are an amalgamated body in existence since November 2012 and mandated by government through National Development Plan 2007-2013. Might be worth contacting them for info?

Advertisement