Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson 20 very hard to start

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Thats seems to be the leak-off pipe from the tank Emmet.You could possibly connect in your thermostart to this, but you would have to cut the pipe.A better thing to do is either try to get the kigas system back working, or either adapt a pipe from that to the thermostart.

You have me working on the diesel engine now that was mentioned in my previous posts.She is a little difficult to start when cold.I am trying to bodge fix the thermostart to the engine because its not the original heating device.It started out having just the glow plug, but I am hoping this will improve things.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

Sorry haven't been on in a while :o
    haha nice to work on the old diesels :) I think this pipe might be the leak off pipe either (this one's going into the fuel filters. I can't get to upload any pics think there's a problem at the minute. I wouldn't mind cutting the pipe and using a t piece, if it would work :rolleyes:. I'll email you some more pics

The black pipe? Where is the other end of it going to? Could you rig up a pipe from whats left of the kigas set up.Seems that pipe is a bit big, leak-off pipes are generally small diameter pipes and is enough for to use with the thermostart.

I am having difficulty trying to bodge my thermostart to the inlet of the engine I have.But I find that keeping the power on during starting is not really helping the engine (which I thought it would) fire up at cold starts which does not make sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

Yeah thats strange alright :/ My problem is that the thermostart isnt getting diesel while the engine is turning and only burns once because of this.
    No I was thinking the pipe above the black pipe, the one thats going into the tip of the filter housing with a loop in it

Yeah that would work but see is there any way you could connect up to the remnants of the original cold start system (kigas). Or is it totally non existent? Where is the pipe(s) from the auxiliary tank supposed to be connected into?

• Advertisement
Advertisement