Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Nice to see the British Soap Awards go out on the same night as ITV - I suppose being LIVE forced their hand.

See IFTAs went to TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why has tv3 stopped showing Tipping Point at 2PM?

Its two Chases now from 1 - 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Maybe there is a limit of 100 times their allowed to repeat a programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why has tv3 stopped showing Tipping Point at 2PM?

Its two Chases now from 1 - 3pm

They stopped showing Tipping Point about 7 weeks ago, when they started to show the newer series of The Chase, and moved the Series 9 run to 2pm.

So today it's:
    1pm The Chase Series 10 Ep 33/190
    2pm The Chase Series 9 Ep 175/190

I would expect Tipping Point to return in 3 weeks time when S9 finishes.

Tipping Point is on 3 times daily on 3e if you're having cravings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

iseegirls wrote: »
    They stopped showing Tipping Point about 7 weeks ago, when they started to show the newer series of The Chase, and moved the Series 9 run to 2pm.

So today it's:
    1pm The Chase Series 10 Ep 33/190
    2pm The Chase Series 9 Ep 175/190

I would expect Tipping Point to return in 3 weeks time when S9 finishes.

Tipping Point is on 3 times daily on 3e if you're having cravings.

Nice! Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Are they showing repeats of The Chase at 6 on Be3? I thought they started showing new/er ones?

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Are they showing repeats of The Chase at 6 on Be3? I thought they started showing new/er ones?

They've only showed series 9 since January 2017 (when it was renamed to be3). They've showed that series twice now with 190 episodes in total at 6pm. Series 10 will start next week. Series 10 started 8 weeks ago on TV3 at 1pm, so I would deem it as repeats.

They are a long way away from ITVs showings, who are on Series 12 and about 380 episodes ahead.

be3 are showing S9 repeats after midnight weekly still that will continue on (they're on episode 140ish), and S9 repeats on Sat and Sun mornings at 9am (they're on episode 50ish). Most of the info from tvguide.co.uk.

John Burns sometimes has some good bits about RTÉ and TV3 at the back of The Sunday Times.

TV3 are looking for half a million for X factor sponsorship. Interestingly Lucy Kennedy will be living with Ivan Yeats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

The Cube was on both TV3 and 3e at the same time this afternoon. Very lazy scheduling.

The Cube was on both TV3 and 3e at the same time this afternoon. Very lazy scheduling.

It's been lazy scheduling like that for the past few years. Unsure why already repeats of The Cube and Family Fortunes need to be shown on Saturday at 7 and then both repeated the following day at 3.30.

Their dependence on the ITV Studios programming has become too big again. Every new show on TV3, 3e and be3 from the past 6 months are nearly all from ITV. No new shows from anywhere else. They look to have just given up on buying any other TV rights, along with the same film rights again and again.

They've been showing Ballykissangel weekdays on be3 and next week will have series 1 of The Royal. Along with repeats of The Chase, repeats of Dickinson's Real Deal, repeats of Judge Judy and repeat of a repeat of Emmerdale and Coronation Street. Surely they can't be proud of the scheduling on that channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

It's been lazy scheduling like that for the past few years. Unsure why already repeats of The Cube and Family Fortunes need to be shown on Saturday at 7 and then both repeated the following day at 3.30.

Their dependence on the ITV Studios programming has become too big again. Every new show on TV3, 3e and be3 from the past 6 months are nearly all from ITV. No new shows from anywhere else. They look to have just given up on buying any other TV rights, along with the same film rights again and again.

They've been showing Ballykissangel weekdays on be3 and next week will have series 1 of The Royal. Along with repeats of The Chase, repeats of Dickinson's Real Deal, repeats of Judge Judy and repeat of a repeat of Emmerdale and Coronation Street. Surely they can't be proud of the scheduling on that channel.

I agree with you. I don’t see the point of be3 atall. Repeats in the age of Sky+, players, etc doesn’t make any sense.

Both be3 and 3e are run on a shoe string and are both able to achieve 2.5% share, unless TV3 see a dramatic drop in audience there schedules will remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭political analyst

I agree with you. I don’t see the point of be3 atall. Repeats in the age of Sky+, players, etc doesn’t make any sense.

Many viewers in the Republic have neither Sky nor super-fast broadband.

Therefore, be3 is the only opportunity for them to watch ITV Studios drama productions, e.g. Poirot.

Elmo wrote: »
    Both be3 and 3e are run on a shoe string and are both able to achieve 2.5% share, unless TV3 see a dramatic drop in audience there schedules will remain.

There still is no need to show repeats of programmes that they've already showed in the last few months. Jeremy Kyle, Judge Ringer, Real Deal, The Chase, Tipping Point are all repeats. If those were new episodes (which are available to them), ratings could be a lot better.
    3 episodes of Jeremy Kyle and 3 episodes of Tipping Point is ridiculous. 6 hours out of 19 or so hours every weekday of their broadcast hours devoted to those 2.

https://twitter.com/superger84/status/1011982276140371969?s=19

Will be interesting to see if there are anything big coming up. Might discuss possibility of where the Champions League matches will be broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

https://twitter.com/superger84/status/1011982276140371969?s=19

Will be interesting to see if there are anything big coming up. Might discuss possibility of where the Champions League matches will be broadcast.

Presumably this is when the rebranding as Virgin takes effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭political analyst

Presumably this is when the rebranding as Virgin takes effect.

TV3 has been fine for the past 20 years being known as "TV3". To be honest, I suspect that the rebranding of TV3, 3e and be3 will be a disaster because it'll confuse viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

I doubt it'll be rebranded today, more likely they'll announce the new names for the channels and give a date later in the year when they will change over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I assume this can be taken as more or less official confirmation rebrand is on the way?

https://twitter.com/VMSolutions_/status/1012237427929468929

Shame really

Will be keeping an eye on twitter over the next while.

Pictures of Lucy Kennedy arriving (She'll have Living With Lucy and Ireland's Got talent coming back)
    Pictures of Sinead Kissane and Graeme Sounness (Six Nations and Champions League)
    Also a snap of the two ladies from Gogglebox, which is welcome news, as they haven't shown the series since December.

Hopes for today - revamp 3e and Be3 and have less reliance on TV3 repeats from previous days. Shorten T6OCS and move Xpose to 6:30.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

dulpit wrote: »
    I assume this can be taken as more or less official confirmation rebrand is on the way?

https://twitter.com/VMSolutions_/status/1012237427929468929

Shame really

I wouldn’t take it at all - seems to be plenty of “3” logos about whereas if a rebrand was happening we’d usually see the new identity put front and centre. Not long to wait before we hear either way.

To be honest I’m more interested in the big sports related announcement they apparently are due to make.

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaIE/status/1012311323953254400

4 channels:

One
    Two
    Three
    Sport

And Virgin Media Player

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

How will that affect Sky watchers of Tv3 etc I wonder?

https://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/news/270744/TV3-Group-to-rebrand-as-Virgin-Media-Television
    In all, Virgin Media Television will air over 450 top-level football matches in the coming season including UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League as well as Qualifiers for UEFA EURO 2020 together with a range of exciting fixtures from the inaugural UEFA Nations League that begins in September and from other top football tournaments.

Euro 2020 qualifiers and UEFA Nations League matches. That's a coup. (that could be just England matches)

Also Virgin Media Television will offer viewers a new, nightly 8pm News Bulletin.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephend2000

Will be interesting to see if this is available to people without virgin media since a lot of people can’t physically receive it!

Will be interesting to see if this is available to people without virgin media since a lot of people can’t physically receive it!

The other three are all on Saorview, so presumably would have to remain on all platforms. That TV3 link suggests the Sport channel will be exclusive to Virgin subscribers - does Champions League have to be FTA in RoI?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

So the name change is going ahead and the new names are the clunky (but thankfully on brand) Virgin Media One, Two, and Three.

The Sport channel is apparently only for Virgin Media customers. I’m intrigued about these UEFA European Qualifiers and Nations League rights they’ve secured. RTE have the rights to Ireland’s European Qualifiers so what rights are these? England?

http://www.rte.ie/amp/899383/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Intersting to see the price point for it also..
    They've already confirmed that the Heinieken cup will be FTA, would imagine they'd do the same with the champions league..

It's a good tool to combat the eir/sky for eir sport/bt switchers though

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Intersting to see the price point for it also..
    They've already confirmed that the Heinieken cup will be FTA, would imagine they'd do the same with the champions league..

It's a good tool to combat the eir/sky for eir sport/bt switchers though

As was mentioned by a previous poster, however, it's only a few months since Virgin stated it was impossible for them to provide a service in Kerry (and presumably other parts of the country also), so to be competitive they will need to be fully nationwide.

Advertisement