Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing A Stove

Options
  • 07-05-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I am putting a stove at home but am torn between a boiler model or just one that will heat the room it is in. Currently we have no back boiler in the said room or any piping for it either.

The oil boiler and water cylinder are located in the garage and would need 40 to 45 meters of pipe to bring the water from the stove to a manifold also in the garage that has connections to 3 zones, living area, bedrooms and hot water.

Downstairs rads are all underground so I would need to make the connection at the manifold and also the hot water cylinder is next to the manifold.

I want to know is it possible to add the boiler stove on to the existing heating system and if it is possible would the hot water loose much heat on the round trip first down to the garage and then back into the house.

There is 20 rads in the house and the the water system is high pressure unvented system

Advertisement